PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer build questions

argol228
2014-02-09, 03:54 AM
So I want to make a Guild wars style necromancer with maybe healing as well.

So I figured I would make an oracle of bones Anyway I will list the character theme and see what advice I can get. any feats worth taking ect.

So to start of it is a starting at lvl 5 20point buy 10500 gold

The theme of the character is to be a CG necromancer that kind of follows the Necromancers from Guild wars basically a Necro/Ritualist. However seeing as the party is lacking a healer I figured I would take that role without being a healbot.

The other idea was to make a summoner so instead of being a minion master. The theme would be she makes her own flesh golem/Bone horror.

Waker
2014-02-09, 04:49 AM
I am somewhat familiar with Guild Wars 2, though I don't profess to be an expert. Just to make sure I have everything that you want straight: you want to make a level 5 Oracle with a focus on necromancy. You want to be a Ritualist (?) or a Minion Master while still being able to heal. Could you narrow down which specific abilities that you want to emulate?
Without knowing the details, I would say you might want to look at the Bones, Juju or Occult Mysteries.

argol228
2014-02-09, 05:40 AM
I am somewhat familiar with Guild Wars 2, though I don't profess to be an expert. Just to make sure I have everything that you want straight: you want to make a level 5 Oracle with a focus on necromancy. You want to be a Ritualist (?) or a Minion Master while still being able to heal. Could you narrow down which specific abilities that you want to emulate?
Without knowing the details, I would say you might want to look at the Bones, Juju or Occult Mysteries.

Ok well an Oracle of Bones I am already aware of as a necromancer oracle. in guild wars. ritualists and Necromancers are Minion masters. a ritualist summons spirits which I can easily fluff as some of my spells. example. Doom summons a spirit to take hold of a person and impart their suffering ect.

The goal of the build is to have minions and use entropic/necrotic style magic. So fear, poisons, sickness. Your typical Necromancer type stuff. However. As an oracle I get free healing spells and I can get friendly buffs.