PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Liberation

Jeivar
2014-02-09, 06:50 AM
I've never played any of the Assassin's Creed games, partially due to being turned off by the ludicrous genetic memory/X-Files premise. However I did recently buy Black Flag and I'm enjoying it immensely. Granted, that is largely due to the piracy angle and sea battles, but the on-shore assassin stuff is okay too.
I'm interested in playing a female mixed-race character in slavery-era America, and if Liberation has a good story and characters I guess on-shore stabbings would suffice. :smallsmile:

And now AC:L is available on Steam. How is it?

Closet_Skeleton
2014-02-09, 03:20 PM
The critical consensus at the time was 'below par PSP spinoff', but I haven't played it and haven't heard anything about the PC port.

Sajiri
2014-02-09, 03:28 PM
Isnt it supposed to be coming out on ps3 (or 4?) later this year too?

I didn't think much of AC before either, I had the first one sitting around for ages which I picked up for free in one of EB's buy 2 get one free sales once, but only got around to actually playing and beating it recently. I think the series is great though I havent played Liberations, I'm only upto Brotherhood so far.

Cristo Meyers
2014-02-09, 05:52 PM
Isnt it supposed to be coming out on ps3 (or 4?) later this year too?

It's already out on PSN.

Sajiri
2014-02-09, 06:41 PM
It's already out on PSN.

Oh, well, there you go then.

I only heard about this game recently so it must have been an old article I read that didn't have a date yet, that or it's just not out in Aus yet and I didnt bother to look at other regions.

Jeivar
2014-02-10, 05:34 PM
So, does anyone else have anything to say about this game?

Cristo Meyers
2014-02-10, 07:56 PM
Interesting ideas with the three identities aspect. Story is pretty much Assassin's Creed standard. Same with the combat, though that's closer to 2 than the later installments. There are things that were cut since it was originally a PS Vita game, so it's a little more barebones than the others.

Most it's just So Okay, It's Average when compared to the other AC games. It's not that it's bad (honestly the last word I'd use to describe it), it's that it just doesn't do anything especially well like PS3 games.

Infernally Clay
2014-02-10, 09:26 PM
So, does anyone else have anything to say about this game?

I got it on the Vita when it first came out. Beat it, then took it back to the shop to trade it in. The problem the game had, I found, was that it was just "average". It kept to the spirit of the series quite well and there wasn't any modern day segments to tear you away from New Orleans, but the plot was really uninteresting and the unique mechanics underused. It was a serviceable game for the Vita, which had little of note at the time, but I wouldn't recommend it against other Assassin's Creed games except the third one and Revelations (since both of those were awful).

You'd be better off getting the Freedom Cry DLC for Black Flag, I think.