PDA

View Full Version : one hit one kill

CyberThread
2014-02-09, 01:14 PM
So many sniper builds focus on retaining stealth or volley method. If you had to maximize one shot per turn. What build or items would you snatch up.

Norin
2014-02-09, 01:27 PM
My first thoughts:
Hanks energy bow.
Massive strength.
Scout (or something similar) for added prescicion damage.

Activate skirmish, power attack with your bow, do massive damage...

But i could be far from the best solution now.

HaikenEdge
2014-02-09, 01:34 PM
Get tons of sneak attack, Hank's Energy Bow, and some good strength, and some way to get Assassin's Shot.

Turn on Assassin's Shot, then shoot a flat-footed enemy from long range.

tyckspoon
2014-02-09, 01:45 PM
Get as much crit-compatible bonus damage as you can - Hank's Bow for Power Shot, Craven plus a sneak-attacking class, Collision property, etc. Be a Psychic Weapon Master (use one of the elven sword-bow things to satisfy the class's requirement for a 'melee weapon'.) Have UMD or a level in Ranger and activate a wand of Hunter's Mercy. Hit your target with a guaranteed crit.

..cry because the volley archer still does more damage even if he never crits.

shylocke
2014-02-09, 03:13 PM
Bow of true arrows. Item description is open ended as to whether you get plus 20 on one attack or all attacks. NEVER MISS! Or a bow of solars. Greater slaying arrow of whatever you hit.

Psyren
2014-02-09, 05:57 PM
Optimize the PF Arcane Archer's Arrow of Death ability, then fire it using Phase Arrow so you can assassinate someone through a wall. The save DC is 20+Cha, and you can get this even higher with effects like Ability Focus. In addition, it isn't a death effect.

Zombulian
2014-02-09, 06:26 PM
Factotum with Sniper's Shot active and Font of Inspiration Maxed out.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-02-10, 05:45 AM
I wouldn't.

Getting the damage for a single shot from a bow or crossbow to "instant kill" level is obscenely difficult. It's not even trivial just to get it to the 50+ necessary to trigger massive damage, which is a bit unreliable.

The best sniper build I've ever seen was primarily a straight-up assassin with death attack and maximum range pimped out. It could kill, pretty reliably, any creature vulnerable to crit's from a fair distance.