PDA

View Full Version : Need a Character for a Fairy Tale Murder Mystery (d20)

Zach J.
2014-02-09, 05:59 PM
Alright, Playground, I need some help.

I'm joining a game in which the players are fairy tale characters whisked away from their respective times and placed into modern day San Diego. They have been in the city for quite a while, around 8 or 9 years, and all act as either deputies or consultants for local law enforcement. The GM is allowing characters found in the Grimms' fairy tales, in Disney animated films and those found in the nursery rhymes of Mother Goose. I've asked him about characters from Aesop's Fables just to add a little more variety, but I have yet to receive an answer. Characters are 7th level with 5 levels in a d20 Modern base class and 2 levels in a D&D 3.5 base class. The only characters that I know are off limits are those from the Pirates of the Carribean franchise, King Arthur and Merlin and Red Riding Hood.

The Players:
Ariel - Smart 5/Monk 2
Cheshire Cat - Smart 5/ Rogue 2
Kronk
Robin Hood - Charismatic 5/ Rogue 2
Quasimodo - Strong 5/Fighter 2

I have no idea what to play. I didn't listen to or read a lot of fairy tales as a kid; I was more interested in animals, dinosaurs and Greek mythology. I'd like to bring some diversity to the group so I want to avoid using the Smart and Strong hero classes and Rogues and Fighters. I don't know if spellcasting classes are allowed yet, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Some more information. I think I'd like to use the dedicated hero as a chassis, although I'm not sure what D&D class to add. I feel like cleric and druid will be a stretch... Stats were determined by rolling 3d6 and rolling 7 times. My character is middle-aged and has received a +1 to Wisdom at 4th level.

EDIT: So I think I'll be basing my character off of Hansel the Gambler. I'll be a gambler and police informant who's also gains powers from Lady Luck (cleric).

Hans

Human Dedicated Hero 5, Cleric of Lady Luck 2

Str 7, Dex 8, Con 8, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 15