PDA

View Full Version : Feat Ranger

paperarmor
2014-02-09, 08:21 PM
the class variant from Complete Champion how does it stack up in a swift hunter build?

Croix
2014-02-09, 08:30 PM
Are you planning on less than 8 levels of Ranger and really need the extra feats?

paperarmor
2014-02-09, 08:37 PM
Just wondered I saw it and thought it'd be interesting. Maybe bolt on some rogue levels with the swift ambusher feat?

Darrin
2014-02-09, 08:51 PM
the class variant from Complete Champion how does it stack up in a swift hunter build?

Ranger spells are worth more than the bonus feats. Part of the problem is the bonus feats available are very weak if not nearly useless. If you're only grabbing 4 levels of Ranger, I guess it might be good to pick up Manyshot early... But even then, just being able to use a wand of CLW might be better than Manyshot. But there are so many other great Ranger spells: instant of power, sniper's shot, swift haste, hunter's eye, lion's charge, etc.

Fax Celestis
2014-02-10, 01:15 AM
I took it once, but I had some wiggle room. My DM let me pick up the Wild Shape ranger ACF, then trade it and my animal companion for the druid's Shapeshifter ACF. I took Champion of the Wild after my DM okayed it to allow incarnum feats, so I bought a healthy selection of soulmelds and chakra binds. It was pretty cool, but it took some rule 0.