PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Godless-zilla

AspectOfNihil
2014-02-10, 04:47 AM
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered; weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of Pathfinder Splat
I came up with an idea.

Basic gist: Lizardfolk Invulnerable Rager Barbarian fighting unarmed and unarmoured
Distrustful of magic and deities, puts all his faith in the spirits of his ancestors and nature. Woulda been a druid if he could get over his hangups about magic.

Anyway, at the moment, I'm trying to find ways to develop his concept. At this stage I only have the superstition rage power and Master Craftsman (used to create totems and fetishes as he distrusts magic items and believes the powers are granted to him by the spirits as signs of favour).

I'm drawing a blank on any other ways to tie in the crunch to his fluff, any ideas?

Spore
2014-02-10, 08:01 AM
Are we talking about this Lizardfolk race (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/paizo-fans-united/lizardfolk)?

Useful rage powers for you:
Superstition -> Witch Hunter -> Spell Sunder for benefits on spellcasters
Beast Totem Line for additional natural attack and pounce
Strength Surge (likely most useful for Sundering)
Reckless Abandon (if you like to screw your AC, why not move the power attack penalty to AC as well?)
Come and Get Me (you will get hit constantly anyway)

Feats:
Power Attack -> Improved Sunder (if you take Spell Sunder)
Combat Reflexes (right before Come and Get Me)

Some info: You will likely be feat starved anyway (because you need additional rage powers for feats) so going Master Craftsman and Craft Wondrous Item is probably not as great an idea.

Your damage will be okay but you miss out on Twohanded Weapons. Still you have a huge advantage. You can very effectively attack while grappling. Maybe use that?

If you lack the damage to end fights quickly AND lack the AC to negate the easiest blows, even your Invulnerable Rager will go down pretty quickly. Some numbers here: My Invulnerable Rager 15 fought two Fire Giants and an Ettin alone loosing about 80 of his 180 HP. He dealt 350+ damage in those rounds. But I streamlined the build towards Come and Get Me and Beast Totem/Pounce. I took Superstition to cover the weak Will save.

My final advice:
(1) Power Attack
(2) Lesser Beast Totem
(3) Extra Rage Power: Superstition
(4) Reckless Abandon
(5) Master Craftsman
(6) Beast Totem
(7) Craft Wondrous Items (take ONE, take this: I can see you roleplaying to keep your superstition at bay for a shiny meat cleaver)
(8) Witch Hunter
(9)
(10) Greater Beast Totem
(11)
(12) Come and Get Me

The crafting feats sadly screw the build pretty hard. They move vital feats to later portions of the build.

Can I interest you in an Rage Prophet (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/prestigeClasses/rageProphet.html). You could go for Ancestor or Battle Oracle (and thus providing you an weapon given to you by your ancestors, the ONLY trustful source) and then praying (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMY3VV5AMA) for some odd divine favors.

Fluffwise divine spells are vastly different than arcane ones.