PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Miko: Now I become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

Doshi
2007-01-27, 11:35 PM
Lots of people are now speculating that Miko will lose her Paladin powers, and perhaps even eventually become a blackguard, now that's she's killed Shojo. But I don't think anyone yet suggested the lengths to which Miko might go, in her anger and madness, if she did become a Blackguard. I can't see Blackguard Miko just getting a lackey position with Xykon. Suppose she becomes a Blackguard, and reasons like this:

"All that I have ever beleived in has been proved to be a lie. The Sapphire Guard? A foul joke, an organization of fools, ruled by a liar. My ability as a Paladin to detect Evil? A pathetic delusion, as illustrated by the fact that Roy Greenhilt registers as not Evil, when he's not wearing that vile crown. My belief in the Gods? The greatest folly of all, for even they betrayed me when I killed Shojo.

All that I believed in has been proven false, I am false, the World is false, the Gods themselves are false; a travesty, a parody of what they should be. So if I am what this joke of a world calls Evil, I shall be Evil in truth. I shall wipe this world and its lying Gods from existence. I shall destroy the Gates, and unlease the Snarl."

theKOT
2007-01-27, 11:45 PM
That would be cool, but Miko said that the truth was revealed to her by the gods, so she obviously doesn't think they are lying or her belief is folly.

Sage in the Playground
2007-01-27, 11:53 PM
He means after she falls.

Doshi
2007-01-28, 12:01 AM
Yes, I'm talking about a possible post Fall Miko. Who knows, maybe she'll be a much better Blackguard than she was a Paladin. She could possibly manipulate Xykon, and or the Linear Guild to help her destroy the Gates.

theKOT
2007-01-28, 12:01 AM
He means after she falls.
But then she would no longer believe her "revelation", meaning that she would no longer think the same way about Shojo. Although I suppose she IS insane. That could help.

Enlong
2007-01-28, 12:34 AM
Or she could belive everyone's against her. She'll belive that the revalation was hers alone, and that the Twelve betrayed her by taking away her powers when she did Good (acording to her). Hmmmm.... If she goes Blackguard in that way, it'd be better then any other way I've heard, especially because it has Miko choosing Evil, without completely comprimising her character.

Charles Phipps
2007-01-28, 12:41 AM
Yes, I'm talking about a possible post Fall Miko. Who knows, maybe she'll be a much better Blackguard than she was a Paladin. She could possibly manipulate Xykon, and or the Linear Guild to help her destroy the Gates.

And where does her redemption fit in?

Enlong
2007-01-28, 12:43 AM
And where does her redemption fit in?
In this theory? It doesn't.

theKOT
2007-01-28, 12:44 AM
In this theory? It doesn't.
Actually, in his theory it could be off on the horizon. It's kinda open ended. But yeah, it is unlikely.

Axl_Rose
2007-01-28, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking - with regards to the prophecy of who Belkar gets to kill -Belkar will be the one to kill Miko.

rosebud
2007-01-28, 01:21 AM
The funny thing is that Miko could become Belkar's opposite in the Linear Guild. She'll believe Nale's group to be Good despite all evidence to the contrary solely based on their opposition to the OOTS.

Caractacus
2007-01-28, 06:27 AM
Interesting. Can't wait to see...

By the way, the traditional quote is:

"I am become death, the shatterer of worlds".

Bhagavad Gita (But I expect you knew that bit)

Also, as it's a translation, I suppose there's no reason to make it sound like moden English...