PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] PEACH Fire archon

SillySymphonies
2014-02-10, 10:09 AM
A player of mine wanted to play a fire elemental knight at low level (so no Savage Species fire elemental monster class), so I kitbashed something from 4E's fire archon and 3.5's warforged, fire elemental and azer. PEACH. Thank you. :smallsmile:

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/4new/galleries/MonsterManual_art/img/114699_CN_GL.jpg

Fire Archon Racial Traits

∙ Humanoid Elemental Subtype (Ex): Fire archons are elementals with the humanoid elemental [and fire] subtypes. A humanoid elemental is an elemental creature reshaped and hammered into a soldier. Fire archons are humanoid elementals that combine aspects of both elementals and humanoid creatures, as detailed below.
Features: As a humanoid elemental, a fire archon has the following features.
- A fire archon derives its Hit Dice, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.
Traits: A fire archon possesses the following traits.
- Unlike other elementals, a fire archon does not have darkvision.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, and paralysis.
- Unlike other elementals, fire archons are subject to critical hits, flanking, and stunning.
- As an elemental, a fire archon does not have a dual nature - its soul and body form one unit. When a fire archon is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on a fire archon. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection, to restore it to life.
- A fire archon does need to eat, sleep or breathe, but it can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes’ feast and potions.
- Although elementals do not need to sleep, a fire archon wizard must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.

∙ Fire Subtype: Fire archons are elementals with the fire [and humanoid elemental] subtypes. A creature with the fire subtype has immunity to fire. It has vulnerability to cold, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.

∙ Medium: As Medium elementals, fire archons have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

∙ Fire archon base land speed is 30 feet.

∙ A fire archon cannot enter water or any other nonflammable liquid. A body of water is an impassible barrier unless the fire archon can step or jump over it.

∙ Fiery (Ex): A fire archon’s body like a torch blazes with light, so its unarmed attacks deal an extra 1d4 fire damage. Its metallic weapons also conduct this heat. Creatures hitting a fire archon with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage a though hit by the fire archon’s attack.

∙ Automatic Languages: Common, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Auran, Aquan, Terran.

∙ Favored Class: KnightPH2. A multiclass fire archon’s knight class does not count when determining whether it takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
(Normally I would also assign something like +2 Dex, -2 Int, but since she already assigned her ability scores assuming no ability score bonuses/penalties, I'm not going to take those away from her.)

ngilop
2014-02-22, 11:59 AM
its nice and balanced I see nothing wrong with going +2 Dex -2 Int in the future for this race.

im excited to see if you are going to make the other 3 elemental archons.