PDA

View Full Version : Triblade advice

Val666
2014-02-10, 11:05 AM
Hello guys, this time I have a problem building a triblade.

My build is: Warblade 5/Revenant Blade 5/ Eternal Blade 10. While reading some
revenant blade handbooks I realized that this build is not possible. The revenant blade requires Move Silently 5 and Hide 5 wich are cross-class skills for Warblade (also Knowledge History but Warblade got this). So, is there any possible way to make this build work??

Keko
2014-02-10, 11:10 AM
If I remember well a feat on Heroes of Battle let you have Hide and MS cost 1 rank (guerrilla warrior maybe?) but does not remove the cap I think...if it doesn't i think the only solution is wb4/rgr1/rb5/eb10

EDIT: if you do so you don't lose any IL and have a lot f skill points to spend...even more with the elf ranger racial substitution level

Yuki Akuma
2014-02-10, 11:14 AM
Replace a level of Warblade with a level of Ranger. Or two, so you can get Two-Weapon Fighting for free.

Another option is four levels of Ranger and one of Warblade, to get some use out of the Revenant Blade's "Ranger Class Features" class feature, but that's not that useful.

Val666
2014-02-10, 11:17 AM
D: I didnt want to lose any Warblade Level but if its the only way. T_T thank guys.

Yuki Akuma
2014-02-10, 11:22 AM
Losing one Warblade level only puts you down one maneuver known and costs you a bonus feat.

Losing two will put you down one maneuver known, one maneuver readied and one stance known, but you'll get the bonus feat back (in the form of TWF).

You're not getting 9th level maneuvers pre-epic either way. Even if you did manage to get five Warblade levels.

Val666
2014-02-10, 11:39 AM
Ok you´re right :c wanted Time Stand Still u-u How about feats? Obviously the TWF chain but what else???

Rebel7284
2014-02-10, 12:17 PM
You can burn 3 feats to get the needed skills.
Dragontouched
Draconic Heritage[Green]
Martial Study

Martial Study can be useful, the other ones are crap. :-\

Perhaps consider other ways of buffing your weapon?

Alternatively, if you want TTS, get more initiator progression. :)

Darrin
2014-02-10, 01:12 PM
You can burn 3 feats to get the needed skills.
Dragontouched
Draconic Heritage[Green]
Martial Study

Martial Study can be useful, the other ones are crap. :-\

You can skip Martial Study if you use Forestlord Elf/Half-Elf (Dragon Magic), which always gets Hide as a class skill. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get Move Silently as a class skill.

Dark Chaos Shuffle at Warblade 5 might let you swap your Elf martial weapon proficiencies for TWF/WF/Bladebearer of the Valenar. However, a lot of DMs don't allow that sort of nonsense.

Petrocorus
2014-02-10, 01:13 PM
I guess you're playing an Elf, in this case, Aereni Focus allows you to get one skill as class skill. Do it for MS and take Martial Study (Shadow Hand) for a SH maneuver and the Hide skill. If the DM allows, you can later retrain your Martial Study to take a higher level Shadow Hand Maneuver. Like Shadow Jaunt for instance.
Or take Forestlord Elf for Hide.

Here a list of way to get new class skill (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9071.0).

Rebel7284
2014-02-10, 01:32 PM
You can skip Martial Study if you use Forestlord Elf/Half-Elf (Dragon Magic), which always gets Hide as a class skill. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get Move Silently as a class skill.

Dark Chaos Shuffle at Warblade 5 might let you swap your Elf martial weapon proficiencies for TWF/WF/Bladebearer of the Valenar. However, a lot of DMs don't allow that sort of nonsense.

If you want to get rid of the feats later, I suggest using psychic reformation. Unlike DCFS, psychic reformation is more difficult to abuse (so less likely to be banned) and is from a more accessible source.