PDA

View Full Version : IRC gaming?

TroubleBrewing
2007-01-28, 12:31 AM
I've been interested in basically any and all types of role-playing games. Only problem is, my gaming group is really, really lame. They refuse to do anything new or original. Ive recently started gaming in IRC channels, but I'm having trouble finding everything I'm looking for. Any suggestions for new IRC gamers?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-28, 12:37 AM
My first D&D experience were via IRC. Good times, good times.

Here is a website devoted to ads for IRC-based games:
IRC Ropleplaying (http://richards.sdf1.org/ircrpg/games.html)

It was down for awhile, but now seems to be back up.

NEO|Phyte
2007-01-28, 12:39 AM
Ehmm, can't think of anything in particular that would apply more to IRC than RL or PbP.

I do, however, know of an IRC channel you can add to your perform list. Follow my sig image for details. :smallwink:

clericwithnogod
2007-01-28, 06:42 AM
Consider expanding beyond only IRC. There are people gaming with a wide variety of online tools, some free and some with a relatively low cost...Kloogewerks (my personal favorite), OpenRPG, Fantasygrounds, WebRPG. There's a ton of them, with a bunch of others having varying degrees of functionality. And, there are people playing over other chats, sometimes using individual applications for whiteboarding, gaming specific or not.

Matthew
2007-01-28, 03:05 PM
What exactly are you looking for? I mean, what do you mean by 'new' and 'original'?