PDA

View Full Version : Siege-Weapon Focused Build

AugustNights
2014-02-10, 04:39 PM
Hello all.
I'm looking for some advice on a siege-weapon themed build I'm just in the beginning of cooking up. I'm thinking of trying to put together a viable character build that focuses on employing siege-weapons in combat. Specifically, always being able to employ them, even in adverse situations, like in a dungeon, or when taken by surprise.

Some thoughts I've had.
1- Sneak Attacks & Precision damage with siege-weapons are prohibited somewhere, if I remember correctly, does anyone know the source for that rule? If not, that might be fun to capitalize on.

2- Soulbound Weapon Psychic Warrior with a siege-weapon for their weapon of choice (with liberal interpretation of "in hands").

3- Scrolls of shrink item to carry a ballista around for ready deployment.

4- Repeating ballista (taking advantage of the fact that the ballista is effectively a huge crossbow)

5- Animate siege-weapon spell wand/staff/runestaff thingy.

6- Animate objects...

7- Urban Druid variant to Wildshape into siege-weaponry

Right now I'm leaning towards a ballista wielding character, maybe a Dragonfire Inspiration Bard/Warblade, with feats focused on getting more attacks out of the "huge crossbow" it carries. Maybe a Factotum base?

Any thoughts, playground?

Red Bear
2014-02-10, 05:03 PM
in Pathfinder there is a wizard that specializes on a siege-weapon. It's called "Siege Mage" (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/siege-mage)

Brookshw
2014-02-10, 05:05 PM
Hulking Hurler, BE the siege weapon :smallbiggrin: