PDA

View Full Version : Coco - Gourmet Hunter

1pwny
2014-02-10, 05:52 PM
Coco, Gourmet Hunter

A Master of Poison, Coco is one of a kind. He doesn't need to go through a long, alchemical process to create toxic liquids, his body can produce them without outside help.

Abilities: Coco benefits directly from only Dexterity, as it increases his chance of hitting ranged. But Intelligence and Charisma can easily become beneficial outside combat, and Constitution is always helpful.

Role: Coco is usually a ranged supporter, and at later levels can earn money easily with his improved gambling.

Background: Coco began, as a kid, giving himself poison immunities as training. Eventually, he was able to reproduce poisons he was immune to.

Alignment: Lawful Good. Coco abides by the laws and tries to avoid needless killing.

Races: The original Coco was a Human, but other races can mimic his talents.

Religion: If Coco believes firmly in Food Luck, the mysterious power that was most strongly present in the Gourmet God, Acacia.

Other Classes: Most creatures are afraid of Coco and his strange ability, so nature-tuned classes (such as Bards and Rangers) may feel weary of him.

Starting Gold: 4d6 x 10gp (140gp)
Starting Age: Adult
Hit die: d10

Skill points: 6 + Int
Skill points first level: 4 x (6 + Int)

Class Skills: Coco has access to the following skills: Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis)

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

+0
+2
+0
+2
Poison Immunity, Poison Shot, Aura of Fear

+1
+3
+0
+3
Poison Resistance

+2
+3
+1
+3
The Shadow of Death

+3
+4
+1
+4
Find the Entry Point +1

+3
+4
+1
+4
Virulent Poison

+4
+5
+2
+5

+5
+5
+2
+5
Fast Synapses

+6/+1
+6
+2
+6
Find the Entry Point +2

+6/+1
+6
+3
+6

+7/+2
+7
+3
+7
Improved Poison Shot

+8/+3
+7
+3
+7

+9/+4
+8
+4
+8
Find the Entry Point +3

+9/+4
+8
+4
+8

+10/+5
+9
+4
+9

+11/+6/+1
+9
+5
+9
Deadly Poison

+12/+7/+2
+10
+5
+10
Find the Entry Point +4

+12/+7/+2
+10
+5
+10
Incredible Synapses

+13/+8/+3
+11
+6
+11

+14/+9/+4
+11
+6
+11

+15/+10/+5
+12
+6
+12
Find the Entry Point +5

Class Features:
All of the following are class features of Coco.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Coco is proficient with simple weapons, light armor, and shields.

Poison Immunity (ex): At every level (including first), Coco becomes immune to a new kind of poison. He gains the Poison Immunity Feat for a poison he is not yet immune to.

Poison Shot (ex): Coco is adept at creating poison he is immune to and shooting it out. As a full-round action, Coco may make a ranged touch attack to shoot his poison at a target within 30 feet. He can only shoot poison that he is immune to and has a gp cost less than or equal to his Coco level squared x 25.

Poison made by this ability disappears the round after it is created.

Aura of Fear (su): Coco is a natural predator, and many animals shy away from him in fear. Any non-PC creature that is within 30 feet of Coco must make a Will Save of 5+ his Coco level or become Frightened at the beginning of each round.. If the creature's level is greater than Coco's, this save's DC is decreased by 1 per level of difference.

Poison Resistance (ex): Starting at 2nd level, a Coco gains a resistance against new poisons. He gets a bonus equal to his Coco level / 2 (rounded down) on saves against poison.

The Shadow of Death (su): Starting at 3rd level, Coco gains the power to see the “Shadow of Death” on his opponents. If he is in a battle, and the highest level of his group is greater than or equal to the level of an opponent, he can discern that opponent’s level.

Find the Entry Point (ex): At 4th level, Coco becomes adept at finding easier entry spots for his poison using fortune telling. As a free action, he may make a DC 15 Concentration check at an opponent. If he succeeds, he gets a +1 Insight Bonus on his Poison Shots against that opponent. This bonus increases by 1 every 4 levels (to +2 at 8th, +3 at 12th, etc.)

Virulent Poison (ex): At 5th level, Coco gains the Virulent Poison feat.

Fast Synapses (ex): At 7th level, Coco’s synapses become extraordinary. This allows him to do a number of things.

Slow Motion: A number of times per day equal to his Coco level, Coco can see things in slow motion. As a free action, he gets a +3 Insight bonus to Reflex saves and a +3 Dodge bonus to AC for one round.
Incredible Gambling: Coco’s synapse firing rate allows him to beat any gambling tricks. He gets a +10 insight bonus on Profession(Gambling).
Seeing You: Coco can see past common tricks. He gets a +5 Insight bonus to Search checks opposed to Sleight of Hand checks.

Improved Poison Shot: Coco can now shoot stronger poisons, and over longer distances. Poison Shot’s range changes to 60 feet, and he can now use it to shoot poisons that cost up to his Coco level squared x 100 gp.

Deadly Poison (ex): At 15th level, Coco gains the Deadly Poison feat.

Incredible Synapses (su): At 17th level, Coco’s reflexes become supernatural. He gains bonuses to his Fast Synapses abilities:

Slow Motion: Bonuses increase from +3 to +5
Incredible Gambling: Bonus increases from +10 to +50
Seeing You: Bonus increases from +5 to +20

almightycoma
2014-02-10, 07:32 PM
firstly i love that series. :smallbiggrin:
I like the class. The only thing that stood out as missing though was the intimation thing they all do. Ya know when their spooky monster self stands behind them. Maybe add it as an upgrade to the fear aura?

1pwny
2014-02-10, 08:05 PM
I like the class. The only thing that stood out as missing though was the intimation thing they all do. Ya know when their spooky monster self stands behind them. Maybe add it as an upgrade to the fear aura?

I'm going to assume you meant "intimidation." But anyways, yeah, the Fear Aura is meant to represent the Gourmet Cells's Intimidation abilities. I didn't know how to phrase the entire 'A Specter of the Essence of Poison Appears Behind Coco' thing.

Tanuki Tales
2014-02-10, 08:11 PM
I'd suggest naming this...something else, since it doesn't make much sense to me. And if you're honestly trying to play as Coco, then I'd suggest something like Exalted or Mutants and Masterminds. DnD can't really handle representing that level of power outside of serious cheese abuse.

almightycoma
2014-02-10, 08:17 PM
Oh, I thought the fluff of why animals don't like him is because he's poisonous and they can sense that. that clarifies your intent thanks. Also, I see you didn't use the poison armor or sword may I ask why?
A thought about the gourmet cell beast thing. mechanically it could be some thing like
(su) [mind effecting] [phantasm][illusion] flavorful description x times per day coco gets +x to intimidate
just my 2cp