PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Wish armory

Vanitas
2014-02-10, 07:58 PM
Hello, folks.

In the game I DM, I have a janni wizard who took control of a big region of the world. He unified separate tribes into an empire. He did this by enslaving genies (carefully choosing which genies no one would miss and keeping this a secret) and milking wishes out of them. I haven't defined how many genies he has enslaved, but I'm guessing ten is a good number.

Even though he can get whatever he wants from the wishes, he controls it very well - you can only benefit from that if you're completely loyal to him. So basically, everyone in the empire is more or less well fed and well provided for, unless you are against him in any way - then it's no soup for you. If you're skilled at something or if he just likes you, expect top grade pay, a heroes' feast every day - that kind of stuff.

This means he can equip his troops with basically anything he wants. My players are about to meet a diplomat from this empire (the janni's grandson, a suli Magus) with a few bodyguards (human Fighters, I'm guessing 4th level - they're elite, after all). Which equipment should I give them?

My party is level 9, but I'm more worried about the wish thing making sense than WBL and balance here. All suggestions are pretty much welcome.

Psyren
2014-02-10, 09:58 PM
Note that you can't actually wish for items in PF (at least, not safely.) So if you need a reason to keep the items reasonable - at least, reasonable compared to 3.5 Wish - that is a good one, since your Jann would be operating in dangerous territory with each one and thus be cautious.

Vanitas
2014-02-10, 10:25 PM
Note that you can't actually wish for items in PF (at least, not safely.) So if you need a reason to keep the items reasonable - at least, reasonable compared to 3.5 Wish - that is a good one, since your Jann would be operating in dangerous territory with each one and thus be cautious.

I think I'll give them mundane items that are exceptional (say, mithral plate, adamantine swords) but keep their enchantment at the expected levels for their CR.

Jack_Simth
2014-02-10, 10:40 PM
No, but you also don't have the problem of expending XP. You can't even make Mundane items with Pathfinder's Wish ... other than duplicating Fabricate and such, of course and... yes, Fabricate in Pathfinder kept the original materials as the material component, which genies still get to ignore as it's from a spell-like, so you're good there for making any mundane item you want via Fabricate... assuming the Genie can make the skill check, that is.

You can, of course, duplicate Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestments, and the like, but you'll be limited due to the Genie's caster level.