PDA

View Full Version : AoO feats

Teapot Salty
2014-02-10, 10:42 PM
Hey guys. (I give up) I was wondering if there was a feet that made it so you didn't provoke an AoO when entering a threatened square. (or exiting for that matter) I was thinking of it for a scout and thought something like that would be handy.
Note: For 3.5

eggynack
2014-02-10, 10:45 PM
You don't provoke an AoO for entering a threatened square, so there wouldn't be a feat stopping that. I'm not aware of one that stops AoO's for exiting threatened squares either, to be fair. Perhaps pumping tumble is the solution to your problem, or even something as simple as 5-foot steps.

Teapot Salty
2014-02-10, 10:48 PM
You don't provoke an AoO for entering a threatened square, so there wouldn't be a feat stopping that. I'm not aware of one that stops AoO's for exiting threatened squares either, to be fair. Perhaps pumping tumble is the solution to your problem, or even something as simple as 5-foot steps.
*smacks forehead* sorry I'm a noob. Could've sworn that it provoked an AoO. (Then again my knowledge is based on a single strip of OotS so ya)

Vogonjeltz
2014-02-10, 10:49 PM
There are feats that provide defense against attacks of opportunity though. Mobility, etc...

Doesn't spring attack avoid AoO from one guy?

Red Fel
2014-02-10, 10:53 PM
*smacks forehead* sorry I'm a noob. Could've sworn that it provoked an AoO. (Then again my knowledge is based on a single strip of OotS so ya)

Ordinarily, an AoO is triggered for moving out of a threatened square, not moving into one. Thicket of Blades stance expands this to any movement, even a five-foot step, within a threatened area.

But, yes. Traditionally, the trick to avoiding an AoO is simply to pump your Tumble skill.

EDIT: If I recall, Mobility gives you a Dodge AC bonus against AoOs; it doesn't negate them.

Teapot Salty
2014-02-10, 10:54 PM
There are feats that provide defense against attacks of opportunity though. Mobility, etc...

Doesn't spring attack avoid AoO from one guy? So they do, good to know.