PDA

View Full Version : Cleave

CrossP
2007-01-28, 06:16 AM
First, look at the very last panel of 406.

Now... if Miko were to have the cleave feat, do you think she'd use it on Mr. Scruffy?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-01-28, 07:03 AM
No, she's already used it against the throne.

CrossP
2007-01-28, 07:11 AM
Hahahaha. True

Setra
2007-01-28, 07:57 AM
What about Great Cleave?

Erk
2007-01-28, 07:59 AM
Miko is Japanese(esque). She doesn't have great cleavage. And it looks more to me like she got a fatality on the throne and used the cleave on Shojo, not the other way around. No cleaving left for Mr. Scruffy.

Amon Star
2007-01-28, 08:03 AM
As demented as :miko: is at the moment, there's no way she would attack the cat. After all, she thinks she's punishing the wicked, though I guess that could include felines.

Setra
2007-01-28, 08:04 AM
As demented as :miko: is at the moment, there's no way she would attack the cat. After all, she thinks she's punishing the wicked, though I guess that could include felines.

She couldn't kill the cat if she tried, after all Mr. Scruffy is obviously a deity. :smalltongue:

Alfryd
2007-01-28, 10:09 AM
Miko is Japanese(esque). She doesn't have great cleavage.
What are you implying?
Look, she's not getting that cha bonus from personality, we know that much.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-01-28, 10:11 AM
She said "Everyone in this room except you and I are agents of evil!" to Hinjo. That counts Scruffy too. Poor kitty. Quick, Mr. Scruffy, run to your uncle Belkar before that psycho murders you!!

Skyserpent
2007-01-28, 03:34 PM
What are you implying?
Look, she's not getting that cha bonus from personality, we know that much.

Agreed, Hot-Kung-Fu Chick. Seriously.

But I doubt she has the requisite skills what with her TWF chain and Track.

Demented
2007-01-28, 06:15 PM

I admit, I like cats, but I am most certainly not wearing a Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.

The CHA bonus is from her "force of personality". Y'know, that overbearing sense of self-righteousness that makes her impossible to ignore.

Alfryd
2007-01-29, 12:05 AM
...that overbearing sense of self-righteousness that makes her impossible to ignore.
Actually, she's often ignored.

"Hey honey, what's your name?"
"I am Miko Miyazaki, paladin of the sapphire guard, vassal of lord Shojo, daughter of..."
"There, now I do."

"Sleep outside and eat lichen!"
"Uhm... No."

"Obey my bidding!"
"Sure. I'm good for tuesday. No, no, we need to bring our own pizza. Yeah. Yeah, good. I'll see ya there. Miko's making noise again."

"Somebody!?"

I'm paraphrasing slightly toward the end, but you get the idea.

TWF, ITWF, Track, Power Attack, Cleave. She has a total of 6 feats- 4 for her levels, + 2 bonus at level 1. See the class and level geekery thread.

Scorpion13
2007-01-29, 12:10 AM
I think everyone is overlooking the very obvious fact that Miko has a unibrow.

Let us meditate on this.

Thexare Blademoon
2007-01-29, 12:34 AM

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0209.html second panel.

No she doesn't, she just always has an annoyed expression on her face.

Amon Star
2007-01-29, 07:34 AM
I admit, I like cats, but I am most certainly not wearing a Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.

:smallconfused: What's the connection between felines and gender changing magic items?

Actually, she's often ignored.

"Hey honey, what's your name?"
"I am Miko Miyazaki, paladin of the sapphire guard, vassal of lord Shojo, daughter of..."
"There, now I do."

"Sleep outside and eat lichen!"
"Uhm... No."

"Obey my bidding!"
"Sure. I'm good for tuesday. No, no, we need to bring our own pizza. Yeah. Yeah, good. I'll see ya there. Miko's making noise again."

"Somebody!?"

I'm paraphrasing slightly toward the end, but you get the idea.

That's because PCs have the ability to ignore Charisma at will.

Logic
2007-01-29, 07:46 AM
:smallconfused: What's the connection between felines and gender changing magic items?
I would like to know as well.

That's because PCs have the ability to ignore NPCs at will.
Fixed for truthiness.

fwiffo
2007-01-29, 07:58 AM

Cat's throughout history has been known as consorts of evil. Women are evil (see proof here (http://txfx.net/entries/images/women_evil.jpg)). So, you need to be a woman to truly win loyalty of a cat.

Note that there are exceptions. Mr Scruffy is goodness personified, and Ernst Stavro Blofeld managed to be so evil that the cat didn't mind him. But they are rare.

That's my theory and I am sticking with it.

Setra
2007-01-29, 08:01 AM
Cat's throughout history has been known as consorts of evil. Women are evil (see proof here (http://txfx.net/entries/images/women_evil.jpg)). So, you need to be a woman to truly win loyalty of a cat.

Note that there are exceptions. Mr Scruffy is goodness personified, and Ernst Stavro Blofeld managed to be so evil that the cat didn't mind him. But they are rare.

What about in Egypt where they were treated as kings?

Also, on average Men are more evil than women, but women can be more evil than men. This is just how I see it.

Krytha
2007-01-29, 08:34 AM
What about in Egypt where they were treated as kings?

The Egyptians were wrong.

Amon Star
2007-01-30, 11:54 AM
Fixed for truthiness.

Hey, we're both right.

Fair enough.

Duke of URL
2007-01-30, 12:02 PM

All "dumb" animals are True neutral, except dogs (NG) and cats (NE) -- I think she'd be quite justified in killing the cat, far more so than for killing Shojo.

Alfryd
2007-01-30, 02:13 PM
That's because PCs have the ability to ignore NPCs at will.
Yeah, but there's no evidence anyone else pays particular notice to her whenever they're not her inferiors in a chain of command or wanted to do what she said in the first place.
Besides, it's not like the PCs' reactions weren't especially credible.

Duke of URL
2007-01-30, 03:28 PM
Miko is Japanese(esque). She doesn't have great cleavage.

So, she has Cleavage, but not Great Cleavage. Oh well, bigger ain't always better, you know.

Dectilon
2007-01-30, 03:34 PM
"Cat's throughout history has been known as consorts of evil."

They have? I thought they were able to sense evil : ) And Bast wasn't an evil god, was she?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bast_%28goddess%29

Erk
2007-01-30, 07:16 PM
So, she has Cleavage, but not Great Cleavage. Oh well, bigger ain't always better, you know.

Oh, I do know. But it does define the quality of the... feat in question.

Anyway, clearly Miko didn't manage to cleave Mr. Scruffy. It seems I was right. Because, being a meany, we all know she would have cloven him if she could have.

Amon Star
2007-01-31, 09:51 AM
All "dumb" animals are True neutral, except dogs (NG) and cats (NE) -- I think she'd be quite justified in killing the cat, far more so than for killing Shojo.

If dogs had an alignment, they would be Lawful and maybe Good. Cats would be Chaotic Evil.

Yeah, but there's no evidence anyone else pays particular notice to her whenever they're not her inferiors in a chain of command or wanted to do what she said in the first place.
Besides, it's not like the PCs' reactions weren't especially credible.

She seemed to get a strong reaction from the inn employee here; http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0227.html. Also, despite Gather Information being cross-class, :miko: still managed to find alot out about the OotS, even if it was a little off due to the actions of the LG. Sounds like a good Charisma score to me.

Baxter Konrad
2007-01-31, 09:59 AM
I would argue that using Cleave / Great Cleave on Mr. Scruffy is justified, simply because Cats are all clearly Evil (ask any guy, and they will confirm that leaping onto a guy's crotch with claws extended is an Evil act, regardless of your Intelligence score).

unstattedCommoner
2007-01-31, 10:07 AM
Agreed, Hot-Kung-Fu Chick. Seriously.

QFT

This may not be a new idea, but she may have ranks in a Paladin-compatible Sapphire Guard prestige class which gives the TWF chain as a class feature, lost on falling (and which stacks with Paladin levels to determine Paladin class features).

Just my 0.02gp

Alfryd
2007-01-31, 01:41 PM
She seemed to get a strong reaction from the inn employee here; http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0227.html.
Yes, but I doubt he's going to run off and track down the offender. Which would be not ignoring her.

Sounds like a good Charisma score to me.
Of course she has good cha. *Why* is the question.

As a probable Monk 2/Paladin 14, she'd have 5 feats for her levels, +2 at level 1. She needs Track, TWF and ITWF, and Power Attack to get Cleave. (Personally, I'd reckon she's better off investing in Combat Expertise.)

Amon Star
2007-02-01, 05:56 AM
This may not be a new idea, but she may have ranks in a Paladin-compatible Sapphire Guard prestige class which gives the TWF chain as a class feature, lost on falling (and which stacks with Paladin levels to determine Paladin class features).

She seems to be the only Samurai that uses TWF, so it's unlikely is's from a Sapphire Guard prestige class.

Yes, but I doubt he's going to run off and track down the offender. Which would be not ignoring her.

Even with a good Charisma, if your demands are ridiculous, they are likely to get ignored when out of sight. Besides, if he was scared enough he might, we just dont know. Either way, she has Presence, so can't be ignored when present.

Of course she has good cha. *Why* is the question.

Presence, attractiveness and force of personality. Mechanically, to make her a competent Paladin.

Alfryd
2007-02-01, 06:09 AM
Presence...
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Large rocks and bad odours have presence! The latter also have force of personality!

Even with a good Charisma, if your demands are ridiculous...
And again, we have a situation where there's no evidence.

Amon Star
2007-02-02, 07:46 AM
What the hell is that supposed to mean? Large rocks and bad odours have presence! The latter also have force of personality!

Dictionary definition. Presense; the impressive manner or appearance of a person. :miko: isn't someone that simply founds into the background. A large rock can. However, I agree with the bad odour analogy.

And again, we have a situation where there's no evidence.

Very true. It still proves that it's hard to ignore :miko:.

Alfryd
2007-02-02, 07:50 AM
It still proves that it's hard to ignore Miko...
How?
Look, can someone please just provide one instance where Miko asks someone to do something, which they didn't intend to do before, where they weren't strongly attracted to her, were being paid, had just had their life saved by her, or they wanted to do so regardless, and they actually oblige? Y'know, the sort of thing that might need detectable charisma?

Adeptus
2007-02-02, 08:23 AM

Let us meditate on this.

No, unless everybody else has one too.

Amon Star
2007-02-03, 05:21 AM
How?
Look, can someone please just provide one instance where Miko asks someone to do something, which they didn't intend to do before, where they weren't strongly attracted to her, were being paid, had just had their life saved by her, or they wanted to do so regardless, and they actually oblige? Y'know, the sort of thing that might need detectable charisma?

Well, as apprearance is a factor of Charisma, there's some evidence that she can influence someone. Without even trying.

Alfryd
2007-02-03, 05:30 AM
Looks were never in question. But y'know, I've honestly ceased to care.