PDA

View Full Version : Big Guy Artificer build help please

unseenmage
2014-02-11, 10:05 AM
Game is PF homebrew loosely based on Dragon Age. No Homebrew, no third party. D&D 3.x allowed. No cheese.

Character is level 4 Artificer Goliath w/LA bought off. Added Magic-Blooded Spark from Dragon for the Cha boost.

Rolled stats, DM said roll 4 drop the lowest and roll 7 times drop the lowest.
Rolled 16, 14, 13, 13, 11, 9, 8. Assigned scores (after adjustments) Str 20, Dex 11, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 14 (after ability increase).

Not sure yet what sort of Artificer he's going to be yet. I tend to enjoy Hoardificers more than Blastificers though.
The character concept so far is that he's from some deep deep ancient dwarven ruin now inhabited by Goliaths. The place is a treasure trove of ruined Clockwork Armor and Golem Armor with hints of Dragonmech.

He's on a personal quest to find the Mechanomicon. He designs Effigys of whatever new creatures he encounters by making blueprints on the spot when he meets/encounters them.
I'm looking to make him the master of the Wrench and Chain. aka the Warhammer and Whip. Not sure how that will work though, it's just an idea for now.

Any advice welcome. Dude doesn't even have a name yet. I'm considering not really giving him one. His mission is secret. When he's asked his name he might just respond with, "No."

unseenmage
2014-02-11, 10:12 PM
Looking for advice on gear, feats, skill allotment.
Is he completely unplayable with +0 to all saves from abilities?