PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Help with Planer/Temporal concepts

Hovannes
2014-02-11, 01:52 PM
I am trying to work out how the various planes of existence interact with the Prime Material plane.

Prime Material plane – consists of various planets (Fantasy worlds, Grayhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, etc.). Assuming that this is the basis of physical reality, the standard flow of time, and the source of the ‘mortal’ races, how does this plane interact with the following;

1. Ethereal Plane (I call it the spirit plane) – different flow of time, ‘matter’ made of solidified spiritual Either, and it contains a host of spiritual based creatures.

2. Astral Plane – vastly different flow of time, very limited matter, and it contains few, yet powerful creatures. (I envision this plane as the wasteland of a war between the gods that took place a very long time ago).

3. Dream/shadow Realm (still formalizing this concept) – slow almost non-flowing temporal occurrences here. A dark realm filled with creatures born of dreams. I would like to use this realm as an ‘anything goes’ area but need help defining limitations/guidelines for ‘travelers/dreamers’.

Although all of these planes can be superimposed atop the Prime material plane, do they actually touch each other? If so, how and what effect does this interaction have on the temporal flows. If not, what (barriers) separate them?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.