PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Druid Wild Shape, Elemental Form and Manufactured Weapons

Laniius
2014-02-11, 04:38 PM
OK, so with a variety of classes and archetypes I've built Six-gun Gorilla. He has full wildshape capability, and will most often be in gorilla shape.

So I have a few questions.

First, can I chain wildshape? In other words can I change directly from a gorilla into an eagle or whatever, or do I have to go human first?

Second, with elemental shape, do I have opposable thumbs? Can I use weapons? I noticed that it describes elementals as having a variety of forms, but I didn't notice hands being called out.

Third, can I talk in elemental form?

Thanks.

Spore
2014-02-11, 05:22 PM
First, can I chain wildshape? In other words can I change directly from a gorilla into an eagle or whatever, or do I have to go human first?

Yes. Just check how the spell Beast Shape works.

Second, with elemental shape, do I have opposable thumbs? Can I use weapons? I noticed that it describes elementals as having a variety of forms, but I didn't notice hands being called out.

Not likely. MAYBE be you could argue that Earth elemental have a rather static make-up but still your weapons still shift within your form (so you have to drop or animate them for using your weapon in the form).

Third, can I talk in elemental form?

Only with the Wild Speech (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/ultimateMagicFeats.html#_wild-speech) feat.

Ask your DM if he allows spellcasting on elemental form with natural spell. This is debatable since e.g. a fire elemental has not always arms.

Laniius
2014-02-11, 07:10 PM
So it looks like part of my question has a semiofficial answer, here (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2krq8?Elemental-Body-and-Natural-Spell#1), by James Jacobs.

Elementals can speak and cast spells, so with elemental body I can speak and cast spells. Unless the form of elemental I take for whatever reason cannot, as they can be any form.

Still looking for info about weapons.