PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Soul

Ace Nex
2014-02-11, 05:01 PM
Long story short, there are some pretty nasty monsters the DM has lined up for us which pretty much can only be killed by destroying the soul outright. I'm looking for something that I can use that can potentially safeguard my characters own souls as well.

We're currently 11th level, and while we're not at end game yet we're planning on going to at least 23rd level. Any thoughts builds or equalizers would be appreciated.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-02-11, 11:15 PM
Souls are, under normal circumstances, pretty tough to get at. Is there any reason you particularly -need- to permanently destroy these creatures?

Slipperychicken
2014-02-12, 01:27 AM
Craft Contingent Spell -> Trap The Soul -> [any effect to destroy the gem]

That should reliably set your soul free if you can trigger the Trap The Soul prior to soul-destruction.

Perhaps more elegantly, you can simply set a contingency to kill you when your soul would be trapped or destroyed. This should prevent most forms of soul-destruction and entrapment, such as the Barghest's Feed ability, Trap the Soul, and death by Thinaun weapons (assuming you can die while the weapon is not touching you). If it works and you die normally (releasing your soul to the afterlife), then you can be easily resurrected by normal means such as Revivify.