PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Guide to Eberron

Afgncaap5
2014-02-11, 05:14 PM
I was browsing through the online PDF store that WotC has for their older books and checking to see if they'd added anything for Eberron yet. I was pleased to see that not only had they added two of the books I'd wanted to read for a while (Forge of War and City of Stormreach), but they also had a book I'd never heard of called Adventurer's Guide to Eberron.

Is this book worth picking up? I can gather that it doesn't have any rules or game information in it, but I'm more interested in the lore and history side of things whenever I get an Eberron book. Part of me worries that all the useful lore in this book might be covered elsewhere already. (After all, as the book's description itself says, it's meant to be a sort of coffee table book.)

weckar
2014-02-11, 05:20 PM
If memory serves it has some pretty pictures, but lorewise not much you won't find elsewhere.

Kol Korran
2014-02-12, 08:37 AM
It has odds and ends which are interesting, but on the whole I wouldn't waste money of it. Most of it can be deducted or you could invent better things. I like them adding the places different classes/ prestige classes and such in Eberron (Like spirit shaman, warlocks and such. But on the whole it's quite crappy.

Eberron books I highly advise buying for the fluff? Faiths of Eberron (Hands down the best gaming book I've read dealing with religion), and Dragons of Eberron, but that is mostly if you want to deal with such creatures. It covers them on all 4 continents fairly well. (Not so much on Sarlona, but not a biggy)