PDA

View Full Version : Kilkil

Tiiba
2014-02-11, 09:00 PM
Kilkil. The name strikes fear into the hearts of mortals and immortals alike. But the entity that these foul letters designate is an orange kobold with wings. He never killed anyone himself, but he is a skilled secretary who won the relative respect and trust of a man with little respect to spare, his boss.

We do not know much about him, and we do not seem to want to find out. While his masters get all the characterization and discussion, the quiet, loyal clerk is forgotten. We discuss characters who are long dead - Miko, Tsukiko, Xykon, Redcloak's niece, not to mention that guy with the halbert (forgot his name) - more often than the still-living kobold. It's like Belkar is already wearing him.

Named characters in OOTS are generally either given a fairly deep characterization, or killed by Belkar. (Lesssee... Yep, Belkar.) It's still possible that KK will die in a hilarious, humiliating way, but he hasn't shot any cats yet, so I think that will take a while.

So what will happen to him? Obviously, not a big-screen feature film, but I think his thought processes will be explored a bit. I was sure he's evil, but realized yesterday that he's listed as Lawful Neutral. I wonder what that means? Does he, perhaps, have some goodness buried in him? Does he feel a wrongness when he watches gladiators slaughter each other? Perhaps he would rather work for a better boss, but goes with the flow out of fear. Perhaps, when nobody hears, he whispers a dirge for his innocense. Perhaps he believes that Tarquin's order really is for the best. It could also be that he, like most people, doesn't think about anything not concerning him directly... But that's a possibility I abhor.

My question is, what would YOU have him do or be or think? Whether it's something you think will happen in the comic, or something you think would be neat, like if he suddenly became a lot stronger and took over the empire, or turned out to secretly publish a webcomic of his own.

blunk
2014-02-11, 09:08 PM
I would have him be an avid reader who is constantly interrupted by his duties to the Empire... until one day, the Snarl killed everyone on the planet but him. He would be overjoyed to have time enough, at last, to read without being disturbed, but then, ironically, his glasses would fall and break (to the sound of a forbidding orchestra hit), and nobody would be able to repair them.

Man, I think I outdid myself on that one. I should peddle it around Hollywood.

DolGrenn
2014-02-11, 09:48 PM
I would have him be an avid reader who is constantly interrupted by his duties to the Empire... until one day, the Snarl killed everyone on the planet but him. He would be overjoyed to have time enough, at last, to read without being disturbed, but then, ironically, his glasses would fall and break (to the sound of a forbidding orchestra hit), and nobody would be able to repair them.

Isn't that the plot of a Twilight Zone episode, just replacing bank with Empire and nuclear apocalypse with Snarl? :smallconfused:

blunk
2014-02-11, 10:40 PM
Isn't that the plot of a Twilight Zone episode, just replacing bank with Empire and nuclear apocalypse with Snarl? :smallconfused:Why oh why are all the good ideas already taken?? :smallfrown:

Wait! How about if Kilkil rides a magic carpet with Tarquin and friends, and keeps seeing green slime eating away at the carpet, but nobody believes him? He freaks out and tries to force a landing; when they do land and Kilkil gets dragged away to the slave pits, they see in fact that the carpet *has* been eaten away?!

Let's see your - "Twilight Zone", did you say? - top *that*!

Skorj
2014-02-12, 12:27 AM

I keep a collection of audiobooks just in case. One never knows.

blunk
2014-02-12, 12:53 AM
I keep a collection of audiobooks just in case. One never knows."Ahaha, but I still have my audiobooks! Take *that*, irony!"
[ears fall off]
"Damn."