PDA

View Full Version : Werewolves II, take II. (In Progress)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lucky
2007-01-28, 02:08 PM
Werewolves Classic returns!

Again, from the one who brought this game to our forums:

Here are the rules:

You have any given number of players, and as soon as I get enough for round 1, I will begin. I (or whomever the Narrator is) will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator with the name of the person you want to know is in their hearts. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and they may be The answer is either Villager or werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf, so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf.

Now, this is the minimum cast of characters. We will be playing with a slightly added cast:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf.

You may recall, I spoke several times about a counting as a [insert position here] and votes. Well it is simple. Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Night falls, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is revealed as to which position the person was. After this, night falls, morning follows, and it begins again...

Now, for the villagers to win, either the villagers must kill all of the werewolves. For the werewolves to win, they must simply reduce the number of villagers to equal their current numbers.

Things to keep in mind: Yes, werewolves may lie about being the seer. Yes, werewolves can (and have, in my experience) kill the Devil. Yes, Masons get killed for protecting a brother Mason, as others may see it as a werewolf protecting a werewolf.

Now, on top of that, I feel I need to throw in a few more things.

A) This is a silly message board game, so keep it friendly and fair for everyone.
B) If you suspect someone of cheating, please don't be afraid to PM either of the narrators about your suspicion.
C) Cheaters will, from now on, be punished with an infraction and barred from the next reincarnation of the game.

Well, I hope that covers it.

So, sign-ups begin now!

Narrators (2):
Eldritch Knight
PGCoD

Players (41):
Atreyu the Masked Llama
Blood
Bookman
Captain "Fluffy"
Captain van der Decken
Ceika
Cult_of_the_Raven
DarkCorax
DarkLightDragon
Death, your friend the Reaper
deepdweller
El Jaspero, The Pirate King
EloquentRune
Exachix
evnafets
faerwain
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
Goblin Music
Helgraf
Indurain
Ink
Jontom Xire
Joosbawx
Korith
Krursk
Krystal_Tiger
Kyrian
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Ms_Elanneous
Raistlin1040
Rumda
Selrahc
Shadow
Silkenfist
Tharj TreeSmiter
TheChris
The Librarian
Tormsskull
weebl
Xylric

Dead (2):
Eldritch Knight, lynched Day 1. (Wolf)
Alarra, eaten Night 1. (Villager)

Alarra
2007-01-28, 02:10 PM
Sign me up!

v hehe, i win.

Bookman
2007-01-28, 02:10 PM
Darn....I wanted to be first.

I'm in!

Selrahc
2007-01-28, 02:11 PM
In. Mumble mumble

Bookman
2007-01-28, 02:12 PM
In. Mumble mumble
I think Selrahc is the seer!

Cause he's so awesome he can convince me of that now :wink:

Raistlin1040
2007-01-28, 02:17 PM
I'm so in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-28, 02:23 PM
despite the fact I wasted my best tricks on trying to have a wolf eat one or their own last game, I'm bound and determined to try again.

please allow me entry into your fine game of classic lycanthropy.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-28, 02:39 PM
Me too! Me too!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-28, 02:53 PM
Yay! Lucky is gonna let me have another "choose the llamatar" contest

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/roman.gif

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/ninja.gif
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/rockyhorror.gif
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/jester.gif

The voting will go on for as long as it seems like people still give a shock about which avatar I'll use.

Lucky
2007-01-28, 02:55 PM
Of course I only let him under the condition that he enters a fifth:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/poodlemc.gif

Thanks Kantur!

Bookman
2007-01-28, 02:58 PM
Number 5 :biggrin:

The_Librarian
2007-01-28, 02:59 PM
Nahhh, it's gotta be no. 2! Ninja Llama!

Oh, and sign me up. I think I'll play as Greeny this time...

Alarra
2007-01-28, 03:02 PM
number 4!

And I will keep voting for the fool llama until he uses it.

Selrahc
2007-01-28, 03:03 PM
Number 1! The legions rock.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-28, 03:41 PM
No. 1!

In again..

Silkenfist
2007-01-28, 03:43 PM
Such strenuous living. I just don't understand... when in just seven days, I can make you a man. In cranberry sauce.

One vote for Nr. 3
And I'm game of course.

faerwain
2007-01-28, 03:43 PM
I have no idea what nr. 3 is, that's reason enough for me to vote.
Oh, and I have no idea how to play this game, that's reason enough for me to join. :smallbiggrin:

Exachix
2007-01-28, 04:24 PM
I'll join!

and 2! Llama 2 please!

Kyrian
2007-01-28, 04:32 PM
I'll join again. Hopefully Libris won't lynch me for being a villager again...

evnafets
2007-01-28, 04:53 PM
I'll sign up for another one.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-28, 05:05 PM
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring again for this one.

Oh, and my vote is for number 1. Although it would be rather amusing for it to end up being number 3 I must admit.

2007-01-28, 05:18 PM
Well, Joos isn't around, but he should be coming.

*Death throws his name into the hat*

Remember, it is fair to frame me by eating Joos.

Ceika
2007-01-28, 05:46 PM
I'll give it one more shot.

And I'll take the llama behind door number.... 1!

Kyrian
2007-01-28, 05:55 PM
Um...my vote is either 2 or 1.

2007-01-28, 06:41 PM
My vote is so for llama #3.

2007-01-28, 06:45 PM
LLAMA 1! LLAMA 1!

I'm in. I'll always game for Werewolf.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-28, 06:48 PM
I like them all.... and no. 3 is just too wrong for me to accept. So I have to vote for 1.

And I am in like flynn btw.

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-28, 07:49 PM
I'm in.

Also, Llama #1.

Tormsskull
2007-01-28, 08:21 PM
Sign me up please.

TheChris
2007-01-28, 08:50 PM
Oh goody! A werewolf game. Count me in! And I vote 4.

....Sooooo in this game we can only have one character right? I mean I could pull out bearchase Drama Llama for this one if you need more players! :smallbiggrin:

Krystal_Tiger
2007-01-28, 08:54 PM
*raises hand in elan-like manner*

Oh, oh, pick me, pick me! YAY!!!!

And I vote for llama...4!!! Mabye this time I won't be a wolf, (sighs at werewolf D&D)

I think Ilaissa won't be in the game, only Zira (the fariy dragon)

Helgraf
2007-01-29, 12:09 AM
Sign me up, please!

Helgraf
2007-01-29, 12:11 AM
I vote for Trojan Llama (#1)

Indurain
2007-01-29, 12:32 AM
I'm so in. And as if you didn't know I'd pick Llama #3!!

Weebl
2007-01-29, 02:01 AM
I'll play as usual. I might not be avilable til the end of the month though.

EDIT: I vote for number 1!

Krursk
2007-01-29, 02:16 AM
Sheesh, the first classic game I'm not in and someone cheats? I feel important:smalltongue:. I'll be in, for the good of the game

EDIT: I vote for Llama 4

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-29, 02:31 AM
I'll play. I lost interest in the previous version, but I'll try to stay active in this one.

I vote for Llama 1. To my knowledge, the others have been used already in SMBG (except Llama 5).

Rumda
2007-01-29, 05:07 AM
I'm in and my votes for 2

DarkCorax
2007-01-29, 07:01 AM
Sure, I'll give it a go, I vote for 4.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-29, 07:28 AM
I'm dead in WW DnD IV, so I might as well play here.

Count me in.

2007-01-29, 07:34 AM
Oh, well, I did already join, but Alarra wants me to go breaking the rules again, like alllways. *rolls eyes*

((See here for the quote, sneaky Alarra tried to delete all evidence though)) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)

So sign me up again! :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-01-29, 07:44 AM
Hey hush you! I deleted that before you replied because I realized you'd already signed up. Hey! It's early in the morning here. I can't be expected to be paying attention and coherent.

Joosbawx
2007-01-29, 08:39 AM
If Death is in, I am.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-29, 08:45 AM
i'll join back up.
I vote for number ... 5. :smallbiggrin:
naww. jus' kidding. llama number 4 is good.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-29, 09:32 AM
I am in an I vote for number 5

Korith
2007-01-29, 10:54 AM
"In"

And doomed to be a villager, no doubt.

Goblin Music
2007-01-29, 09:23 PM
Yes!!!
i would love to play village tavern keeper (or nothing if it isn't already taken)

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-29, 10:23 PM
I think 4. I'm in too, I suppose! (Can't... stop... playing... werewolf!)

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-29, 10:27 PM
I think 4. I'm in too, I suppose! (Can't... stop... playing... werewolf!) That was a quick avatar change... :smallconfused:

Blood
2007-01-29, 10:45 PM
I'll play. I really shouldn't, but I like Classic more than the themed Werewolf games, so I've found.

Trog
2007-01-29, 10:50 PM
OW! Thes! Quit twisting my arm! I don't wanna play I.. OW! OWWIE!

*sigh* Sign me up too, please. :smallwink:

Oooh and Llama #1 kicks bronzemail hoplite ass! :smallbiggrin:

EloquentRune
2007-01-29, 10:50 PM
The Player of E_R would love to join the game of Werewolf

In other words... I wanna play I wanna play

Thes Hunter
2007-01-29, 10:52 PM
OW! Thes! Quit twisting my arm! I don't wanna play I.. OW! OWWIE!

*sigh* Sign me up too, please. :smallwink:

Oooh and Llama #1 kicks bronzemail hoplite ass! :smallbiggrin:

I just want you to play, just to watch you be all indignant when I stab you in the back.

*was soooooooo looking forward to Llama's reaction when she came to feed on him.*

Trog
2007-01-29, 11:02 PM
I just want you to play, just to watch you be all indignant when I stab you in the back.
Not if I stab you first my dear. :smallamused:

All is fair in love and werewolf. Well... except accessing your account. :smalltongue:

EDIT: @V Hush, you. :smalltongue:

2007-01-29, 11:03 PM
^^^Oh, Trogs playing, heh, I would like everyone to know i am the seer this time.

*shifty eyes*

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 12:14 AM
^^^Oh, Trogs playing, heh, I would like everyone to know i am the seer this time.

*shifty eyes* Are we doing a IV re-enactment?

*grabs the wolvesbane just in case*

That game was funny.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-30, 12:38 AM
Lets try this again. I'm all in.

Krursk
2007-01-30, 02:40 AM
Are we doing a IV re-enactment?

*grabs the wolvesbane just in case*

That game was funny.

A WWIV re-enactment? You mean where the masons know someone is a wolf, but at a critical moment go for someone they hope is a werewolf, then get horribly killed?

Oh, and I call grave digger this time.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 02:48 AM
Everyone probably knows this by now, but I'll be Captain of the Guard, etc...

Shadow
2007-01-30, 02:48 AM
I'm still a tiny bit confused on the actual mechanics, but I'm sure I'll pick up on it soon enough.

Count me in!

As to the llamatar vote... Definately number 5.
Umm... number 1 doesn't have a mask....

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-30, 02:51 AM
Everyone probably knows this by now, but I'll be Captain of the Guard, etc...

:tongue: I'll be second in command then.

Hopefully this won't be a re-enaction of Werewolf D&D..

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 02:55 AM

Hopefully this won't be a re-enaction of Werewolf D&D.. *evil grin*

Krursk
2007-01-30, 03:04 AM

Hopefully this won't be a re-enaction of Werewolf D&D..

You're right, we should lynch the entire guard first, just in case

Ink
2007-01-30, 06:52 AM
I guess I'll give this game a go one more time as well.

2007-01-30, 07:04 AM
You're right, we should lynch the entire guard first, just in case

...And Joosbawx. We can never be to sure.

Blood
2007-01-30, 07:32 AM
Oh, also, if no one else is yet, I'd like to host or co-host Werewolf Classic III. Just wanted to say that well in advance, and yet probably someone has already bid ahead of me.

Lucky
2007-01-30, 07:37 AM
Oh, also, if no one else is yet, I'd like to host or co-host Werewolf Classic III. Just wanted to say that well in advance, and yet probably someone has already bid ahead of me.
Noted.

Korith
2007-01-30, 08:42 AM
Oh...Llama contest. I vote #1.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-30, 08:54 AM
A WWIV re-enactment? You mean where the masons know someone is a wolf, but at a critical moment go for someone they hope is a werewolf, then get horribly killed?

Umm, I'd just like to point out that they WERE a werewolf...

and I rocked in that game. The death toll would have been much higher if we had lynched the known werewolf.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 08:56 AM

Hopefully though, we don't have one mason selling out the names of other masons, because of secret dealings through IM.

Silkenfist
2007-01-30, 09:32 AM
Hopefully though, we don't have one mason selling out the names of other masons, because of secret dealings through IM.

Trading Masons 1 for 1 against werewolves is always a good deal for the village. This was part of our calculation when we sent Ms E forward in the WWII Classic.

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 09:36 AM
Trading Masons 1 for 1 against werewolves is always a good deal for the village. This was part of our calculation when we sent Ms E forward in the WWII Classic.

I agree that if the masons as a whole come together and make such a strategy it can be very useful. (And yes the Ms. E strategy in classic might be so good that it may make classic a bit too predictable for long term replay)

However, if someone goes solo and starts selling out information on the sly without the knowledge of his other masons, then that comes off a bit different doesn't it?

Silkenfist
2007-01-30, 09:40 AM
However, if someone goes solo and starts selling out information on the sly without the knowledge of his other masons, then that comes off a bit different doesn't it?

Well...it worked. But I know what you mean. JX pretty much pulled a Shojo on his fellow Masons.

2007-01-30, 09:42 AM
Ah well, I shall send him to kill four red slimes as penance, although i was sure he was a lover to one of the wolves for a long time...

Korith
2007-01-30, 09:48 AM
Ooh! Can I share my chess-piece values for the game?

The Seer is worth 3 wolves. As the wolf population declines, the seer becomes less valuable (and thus not worth any sacrifice in the late-game). An early seer-kill pretty much makes the game for the wolves, though. A Seer without a baner isn't worth any sacrifice.

Masons are worth about half a wolf. I might consider a wolf sacrifice if we could pull out 3 or more masons with the deal.

The Devil is worth 1.5 wolves, and no more. The Devil isn't worth as much as the seer because the wolves already have an informational advantage. Ultimately, The Devil that proves their worth is the one that manages to tag the Seer in a closed game (the Seer is quiet and does little to sway the votes), or the Baner in an open game (the Seer is outspoken, communicating at first with the Masons, and later with the Villagers).

Villagers are the pawns, each one worth about 1/8th of a wolf.

The Baner is a wild card. In a closed game, the baner is a crapshoot that isn't worth much to either side. In an open game, villager strategy depends on The Baner, who is easily worth 3 wolves.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's always proper to make a point-for-point exchange (as the long term implications can go downhill. I might even reveal myself as a wolf if I play this strategy), but when faced with a decision of setting up a wolf bluff, it gives a nice idea on how much of the pack we can afford to sacrifce in a given ploy.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 10:13 AM
The Baner is a wild card. In a closed game, the baner is a crapshoot that isn't worth much to either side. In an open game, villager strategy depends on The Baner, who is easily worth 3 wolves. *dances*

I'm a wildcard! I may have screwed up that one night, but go me!

Silkenfist
2007-01-30, 10:17 AM
Korith: I like your math. However, the figures are far more situational than chess piece values, I guess.

Korith
2007-01-30, 10:30 AM
Silkenfist, as in chess, the numbers are guidelines.

Computers that play strictly on a point-for-point basis are easily lured into a checkmate position by an expert, whereas a beginner who isn't sure whether he should save his Rook or Bishop where both are threatened benefits greatly from having a guideline to work with.

So it is in the end game of Werewolf, too. If the Masons are all known, the Baner killed and the Seer exposed, then the Devil is merely another werewolf. In Werewolf I, my own sacrifice was delicately calculated to ensure victory going to the wolves. My defense was crafted to be flimsy, the rest of the pack given nothing short of an order to vote for me, lest they expose themselves to the villagers.

And of course, there's player skill as well. As a wolf, I'd be far more concerned to learn of Alarra being the Seer than, say, Purple Gelatinous Cube of Doom. No offense to The Cube, but Alarra is much, much scarrier to play against.

And of course, being a game of informational obfuscation, there's a certain value to sacrificing a wolf in order to hide one's own scent. You just don't want to push too far.

Tormsskull
2007-01-30, 11:17 AM
And of course, there's player skill as well. As a wolf, I'd be far more concerned to learn of Alarra being the Seer than, say, Purple Gelatinous Cube of Doom. No offense to The Cube, but Alarra is much, much scarrier to play against.

ROFL. I agree totally. When Alarra sent me a PM in WWII I immediately guessed her to be a wolf. She just exudes an evil manipulative "I'm gonna eat you sucka" kind of vibe.

However, since we are talking skill/patterns here, I'll throw forward some of my musings.

-If you are a wolf, and stay quiet, your chance of living is increased a lot.
-If someone starts a bandwagon, and it gets a second person behind it, it will succeed 90+% of the time.
-If you are accused, and defend yourself with a response, you're more likely to get lynched.

And, after seeing a bunch of different things in various stages of werewolf, I had an idea. This is obviously not for classic, but check this out:

Villagers/wolves/seer/baner/devil/leaders

Leaders don't know each other or themselves (they are told in the beginning of the game that they are villagers). Only a leader's vote counts towards a lynching. Villagers vote but it doesn't matter who they vote for, but of course they don't know if their vote matters or not.

Wolves don't know each other, they each send their choice of a kill to the narrators and the person with the most votes is killed. If there is a tie it is randomly determined.

Baner & seer just like normal.

Now, what does this do? First off, some people complain when they are villagers because it seems like they don't get to do anything. In this version of the game, no one knows if they are a villager or a leader until they are killed/lynched, etc.

Second, it adds another layer of intrigue to the game, as the person with the most votes may not be getting lynched (if 8 villagers & 3 leaders vote for 1 person, and 3 villagers & 4 leaders vote for a 2nd person, the 2nd person would actually get lynched even though they only had a total of 7 votes compared to the first guys total of 11). You would have to try to figure out who is a leader and who isn't.

Third, the wolves could possibly eliminate one of their own without knowing. To compensate for this we increase the number of total wolves slightly.

Fourth, it would be much more possible to proclaim to be the seer when in fact you aren't.

It seems to me that the flow of the games have been going:
(beginning) ---- (seer (or seer's fallguy) proclaims) ---- (wolves get lynched)

I think if we tried to above rules it could turn out really interesting.

Any suggestions on this? If people seem to like it I might try to run it as WW 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-30, 11:24 AM
Well...it worked. But I know what you mean. JX pretty much pulled a Shojo on his fellow Masons.

I'd just like to point out that whent he whole thing kicked off we were working against the clock because Dis was on the verge of being hung, and that throughout the game my fellow masons were fairly inactive.

I tried to keep them as fully briefed as I could, but almost never got any feedback, and so had to make decisions on my own.

EloquentRune
2007-01-30, 11:55 AM
oh umm... I vote for llama #4

deepdweller
2007-01-30, 12:12 PM
i want to play

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 12:33 PM
I'm in, if you'll have me. Don't worry, this time I'll keep my eyes where they belong, in my own account. I don't think I'll last long this time anyway.

Oh yeah, Llama vote? Do something completely different and play with an Emu avatar.....

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-30, 12:38 PM
Oh yeah, Llama vote? Do something completely different and play with an Emu avatar.....

Okay, I can forgive the indiscretions of the past games, however, Sir, the above statement is close to heresy and my eternal wrath will be painful and prolonged. :wink: Plus, I don't have an emu avatar. I have a duck though. Look for it to be an option in classic V.

InaVegt
2007-01-30, 12:41 PM
Sign me up.

B-Man
2007-01-30, 12:45 PM
WHOO!!! EXAMS ARE DONE!!! I can now focus on more important matters, such as making my creativity last for an entire game for a change!

...and I'm not sure if narrators count for the llama vote, but I'm tossing my coffee mug in for the Llama that's behind curtain number 5!

Goblin Music
2007-01-30, 12:47 PM
Llama #2
Ninja llama!!!!!!

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-30, 01:02 PM
*snip* And, after seeing a bunch of different things in various stages of werewolf, I had an idea. This is obviously not for classic, but check this out:

Villagers/wolves/seer/baner/devil/leaders

*snip*

Any suggestions on this? If people seem to like it I might try to run it as WW 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever.

This Idea is Awesome. I would love to see that. :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-01-30, 01:07 PM
I guess I should take that as a compliment and say thanks.

ROFL. I agree totally. When Alarra sent me a PM in WWII I immediately guessed her to be a wolf. She just exudes an evil manipulative "I'm gonna eat you sucka" kind of vibe.

This one however....ouch. I'm not evil or manipulative...*pouts*

and I like that idea Torm.

B-Man
2007-01-30, 01:09 PM
*snip*

And, after seeing a bunch of different things in various stages of werewolf, I had an idea. This is obviously not for classic, but check this out:

*snip*

Wolves don't know each other, they each send their choice of a kill to the narrators and the person with the most votes is killed. If there is a tie it is randomly determined.

*snip*

the wolves could possibly eliminate one of their own without knowing. To compensate for this we increase the number of total wolves slightly.

I think if we tried to above rules it could turn out really interesting.

I have actually considered not giving the wolves the list of brethren before. It would be fun, as a narrator, to see the struggles of the wolves. :smallamused::smalltongue:

InaVegt
2007-01-30, 01:10 PM

Damn it.

*strikes Alarra of list of potential recruits*

*Adds Alarra to list of targets for the KISS*

Korith
2007-01-30, 01:30 PM
I guess I should take that as a compliment and say thanks.

Yes, you should.

And you're welcome.

Tormsskull
2007-01-30, 01:32 PM

and I like that idea Torm.

I meant it in a good way. As in you are so good at being secretive and crafty that I get scared when you start talking. When you were the Alpha wolf you had so many people convinced otherwise, it was manipulation at its finest.

I think JX even linked some external site you had played on to try to prove how crafty you were, though I don't think it worked for him in the end :P

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 01:36 PM
Alarra isn't evil or manipulative. She is very sweet and very nice.... and in a game, she doesn't let being sweet and nice get in the way of her winning. :smallwink:

And Torm that idea sounds interesting. I would be up for trying it.

And B-Man, so when are we going to get this show on the road? :smallsmile:

B-Man
2007-01-30, 01:45 PM
And B-Man, so when are we going to get this show on the road? :smallsmile:

I knew I forgot something...

*ahem*

The show begins at 8 PM EST (-5 GMT) tomorrow night. Be sure to have your ticket available and show it to the usher before entering the village. Remember to turn your cellphones and pagers off while the show is on.

InaVegt
2007-01-30, 01:45 PM
Timezone??

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-30, 01:50 PM
His time zone. :tongue:

EST, I think. That or CST.

Well, according to teh intarweb.

B-Man
2007-01-30, 01:58 PM
...sorry... I keep forgetting about other time zones... :smalleek:

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-30, 01:59 PM
Am I right? Or is it something else?

InaVegt
2007-01-30, 02:00 PM
Am I right? Or is it something else?

He editted it in.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-30, 02:01 PM
Oh. :tongue: Okay.

Joosbawx
2007-01-30, 03:05 PM
I suggest that, even though it sucks for the Narrators, all players get a PM about their role. I know that I appreciate it, and, even more than that, appreciate not reading posts about "what is my role? I didn't get a PM".

Just a suggestion.

I, of course, would volunteer to help B-Man with the PMs if he felt he needed it.

B-Man
2007-01-30, 03:08 PM
I suggest that, even though it sucks for the Narrators, all players get a PM about their role. I know that I appreciate it, and, even more than that, appreciate not reading posts about "what is my role? I didn't get a PM".

Just a suggestion.

I, of course, would volunteer to help B-Man with the PMs if he felt he needed it.

We've been doing this (well I did it for the first one, not sure if Lucky did it the second time). We took our lesson from WW III? or was it IV?

Xylric
2007-01-30, 03:14 PM
Been a while, So I think I'll give hanging around another shot.

I'm in.

evnafets
2007-01-30, 03:17 PM
We've been doing this (well I did it for the first one, not sure if Lucky did it the second time). We took our lesson from WW III? or was it IV

That lesson was learned in werewolf III, but the Mafia game that has just started didn't send out PMs to everyone, and there has already been one post claiming "I didn't receive a PM".
Of course it adds a whole dimension to the game - did the really not receive a PM, or are they just claiming that so that they look like a villager?

Also, are there going to be "newcomers" in this game?
Personally I don't think it works that well.
Basically what happens is that we eliminate those people first via lynching, until you get the wolf, at which point the remaining are assumed to be villagers, and become night-time snacks.

Just my 2 cents,
evnafets

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 03:22 PM

Just a suggestion.

They even sent out PM's to the wolves that were the same PM's they sent out to the villagers. Now, I could have gone around telling people I was a villager and offering that as proof. But I don't think that sort of conduct is good sportmanship. However, if someone asked about my PM, I would have totally shown the one that said I was a villager. Because the fun of the game is figuring out peoples roles in the game, and not using the limitations of this medium to get the answers.

Lucky
2007-01-30, 03:26 PM
They even sent out PM's to the wolves that were the same PM's they sent out to the villagers. Now, I could have gone around telling people I was a villager and offering that as proof. But I don't think that sort of conduct is good sportmanship. However, if someone asked about my PM, I would have totally shown the one that said I was a villager. Because the fun of the game is figuring out peoples roles in the game, and not using the limitations of this medium to get the answers.Actually... That was an accident... The first PM you got was meant for The Librarian, who had to PM us in order to get one...

What can I say, it's a lot of PMs. :smalltongue:

evnafets
2007-01-30, 03:31 PM
They even sent out PM's to the wolves that were the same PM's they sent out to the villagers.It was a response to something that happened in Werewolf II I think. The consensus was that such an act was cheating. In the third game, the text of all the messages being sent (minus names of course) got posted in the first post, so everyone knew what they were, and nobody could take advantage of them.
In WerewolfIV I think the messages were all different, so there was nothing to be gained by it.

I must admire the tactic used last game though - sneaky. So if someone did try and use the villager mail to confirm another villager, then they would be trapped themselves.

Someone has an evil mind.

Edit after ^. Oh. I guess my paranoia is running away with me again. This game does that to me.

Tormsskull
2007-01-30, 03:37 PM
Ok guys, I'm going to put a bid in to run Werewolf VII. I know Death is running WW VI so I sent him a PM and asked him to announce my intention to run WW VII in his post. I didn't want to derail WW V, but since this thread isn't live yet I figured it is ok to bug you all. :smallsmile:

Lucky
2007-01-30, 03:38 PM
I must admire the tactic used last game though - sneaky. So if someone did try and use the villager mail to confirm another villager, then they would be trapped themselves.

Someone has an evil mind.
On second thought I really should have kept my mouth shut. :smalltongue:

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 03:40 PM
Been a while, So I think I'll give hanging around another shot.

I'm in.

Oh no. Not all three of us. I give 80% odds that at least one of us will be a Wolf. 40% that two of us are, and a measly 15% that all of us are. It's uncanny how often siblings are put against each other...

Selrahc
2007-01-30, 03:40 PM
It was a response to something that happened in Werewolf II I think. The consensus was that such an act was cheating. .

Oooh! That was my idea.:smallcool:

Someone else decided to try and use it for cheating though. I wasn't involved in that.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 03:42 PM
Dibs on assisting with WW VIII. Don't think I'm good enough to run it.

Blood
2007-01-30, 03:46 PM
-If you are a wolf, and stay quiet, your chance of living is increased a lot.
Too quiet brings up suspicion. You want to blend into the rest of the villagers, so that everyone seems the same.

-If someone starts a bandwagon, and it gets a second person behind it, it will succeed 90+% of the time.
That does seem to happen, doesn't it? Unless there's already a bigger bandwagon, then the smaller one either dies out or is used a few days after the big one.

-If you are accused, and defend yourself with a response, you're more likely to get lynched.
Odd, but generally true. As I have said IC, it's your life you're worried about, so why wouldn't you defend yourself? Of course, some people who don't respond end up getting lynched for that reason. It's almost a lose-lose situation once a bandwagon is started on you.

As for your custom rules, Torm, I actually like them. The leader thing is very cool - but instead of counting as the whole vote, how about he simply counts as more than one vote? And this will actually encourage bandwagons, because everyone who thinks they might be a Leader will be known as the Leader if they don't join a bandwagon and the person they voted for gets lynched.

I think maybe - Wolves/Villagers/Seer/Devil/Leader. Take out the Baner, and the Seer doesn't always skew the game, as you (or Korith, don't remember who said it) said. Have nobody know who anybody is (obviously not counting Seer/Devil scrys), and the Leader be told he is a villager. Maybe I'll do this if I get to make Classic III. I'd like to see how your game (the one after Death's) goes as well.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-30, 04:11 PM
Yes, all PM's in WW IV were personalized or at least no two were exactly the same. I had to clear out my sent items folder 2 times just to finish mine. Of course my co-host, a lovely mod, has no such limitations.

It was worth it. It was a lot of fun. I think my favorite was

"Your role is potential snack. I mean villager. Good luck and don't answer the door after sundown."

Selrahc
2007-01-30, 04:16 PM
I think maybe - Wolves/Villagers/Seer/Devil/Leader. Take out the Baner, and the Seer doesn't always skew the game, as you (or Korith, don't remember who said it) said. Have nobody know who anybody is (obviously not counting Seer/Devil scrys), and the Leader be told he is a villager. Maybe I'll do this if I get to make Classic III. I'd like to see how your game (the one after Death's) goes as well.

Um... The classic games pretty much mean no custim rules. Just straight gane, based on the original rules.(Wellll.... the original rules used on this forum)

Blood
2007-01-30, 04:21 PM
Um... The classic games pretty much mean no custim rules. Just straight gane, based on the original rules.(Wellll.... the original rules used on this forum)
Duh, sorry about that. Now I'm getting the Classic games and the themed games confused.

That would be interesting to try though, and I'll be watching Torm's game, once we get that far.

faerwain
2007-01-30, 04:33 PM
(snip)

Also, are there going to be "newcomers" in this game?
Personally I don't think it works that well.
Basically what happens is that we eliminate those people first via lynching, until you get the wolf, at which point the remaining are assumed to be villagers, and become night-time snacks.

Yes, I'm a newcomer. And not surprised that you want to start with lynching me.

And after outing myself as new one, I might as well ask stupid questions: How is it handled actually with PM's? Okay to discuss with others, or everything open via the thread?

And game starts 2 a.m. for me. Yeah.:smallwink:

Krystal_Tiger
2007-01-30, 04:36 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/KrystalTiger_Zira.pngOh...shiny werewolf rule bending...

Good idea tormskull! when you start that i'll play! (of couse i whould play it anyway, this stuff is adicting!)

(and yes, I love my new smily!)

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-30, 04:56 PM
faerwain, you might have misunderstood the term "newcomer" it is actually referring to a role used in WWclassic games. not a person who is new to the game. :smallwink:

evnafets
2007-01-30, 05:01 PM
Yes, I'm a newcomer. And not surprised that you want to start with lynching me.

Hey I haven't attacked you for at least two whole rounds in ready aim fire.
And I even avenged you in the last one.

Regarding "newcomers". I wasn't referring to new players of the game, but rather something that was tried in the last two iterations. We started with a shortlist of "newcomers" to the village, one of whom was guarunteed to be a wolf. It gives the first day of voting a bit of focus.
However I don't really like it myself.

Regarding PMs - Nobody can police it. So why try to stop what you can't control?
PMing among the subgroups: Masons/Wolves etc obviously has to go on.
PMing as a village is a bit more dangerous. How do you know the person you are PMing is not a wolf? Do you take their word for it?

Personally I prefer keeping discussions as much as possible in the open thread. But that might just be me.

Oh and evnafets points at Faerwain :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-01-30, 05:11 PM
Oh no. Not all three of us. I give 80% odds that at least one of us will be a Wolf. 40% that two of us are, and a measly 15% that all of us are. It's uncanny how often siblings are put against each other...

Hmm...80%? That sounds like good odds to me...All those in favor of making our first three lynchings Xylric, Korith, and EK raise your hand...

And as for pms...really, it's up to you. I'm the type of person who discusses the game with -everyone-....I make alliances like crazy and trust most everyone. That being said, it's come back to bite me a few times. There's nothing wrong with pming people regarding the games and it's often much much easier if you're working together.

2007-01-30, 05:19 PM
This one however....ouch. I'm not evil or manipulative...*pouts*.

[high squeaky voice] Oh, look at llama he is the lover. Lets use him for a bit and then eat him [/high squeaky voice] :smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-01-30, 05:22 PM
Hey! I kept Llama alive darn it! Everyone else wanted to eat him aaaaaaages earlier.

2007-01-30, 05:36 PM
^ Uh huh, who do you think he will believe? Trustworthy Death, or manipulative Alarra? Bit one sided :smallwink:

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-30, 05:38 PM
this is more entertaining than the game itself. :biggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-30, 05:40 PM
Two turns.....two turns...and I could have lived and both of you still would have won. Its not like you were in danger or anything.

Its okay, though. Mine was one of the best death scenes and I personally found the reunion between the llamuri and the llama from part 2 to be very touching.

Oh and Alarra, I'll be forgetting to pay for my half of the gas on the trip. Whoops! Guess that shows you who I believe.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 05:42 PM
Hmm...80%? That sounds like good odds to me...All those in favor of making our first three lynchings Xylric, Korith, and EK raise your hand...

And as for pms...really, it's up to you. I'm the type of person who discusses the game with -everyone-....I make alliances like crazy and trust most everyone. That being said, it's come back to bite me a few times. There's nothing wrong with pming people regarding the games and it's often much much easier if you're working together.

Hmm... In retrospect, there are somethings I really shouldn't say... Anyway, it remains to be seen who's what.

And anyway, don't we have more than last time?

Korith
2007-01-30, 06:45 PM
There's a rule, you see...when I've not been a wolf, I've been eaten early.

If you lynch me, you just give the wolves someone else to eat.

TheChris
2007-01-30, 06:51 PM
It's true. Alarra did want to keep Llama alive. I was for killing him as soon as I found out he was a "twofer". What can I say, I'm a bargain hunter.

And for all of you who think that Alarra and I can't keep secrets from each other I will put your mind to rest by letting you know that I moved back to Iowa for a job. So while she's in school in Virginia, I'm out freezing in Iowa. So there shall be no computer sharing or any such nonsense!

ie please don't eat me, mr wolves.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-30, 06:53 PM
Raistlin the ninja walks out in the open
Yes I'm a ninja. Get used to it.
He dissapears in a cloud of smoke
(I hath calleth the position of resident Ninja)

Korith
2007-01-30, 07:00 PM
((psst...Raistlin, your sleeve is stuck in the trapdoor. We know where you went))

Raistlin1040
2007-01-30, 07:01 PM
(...no it's not.)

Thes Hunter
2007-01-30, 07:07 PM
Actually... That was an accident... The first PM you got was meant for The Librarian, who had to PM us in order to get one...

What can I say, it's a lot of PMs. :smalltongue:

Hey, I thought that was a very good anti-cheating tactic. Maybe you should do it. :smallwink:

*** edit *** but then again... it could be used by the wolves to get more villagers to trust them. *shrug* Paranoia is always your best response in Werewolf... and don't trust anyone.

But yeah, that is a lot of PM's. Specially with people and their crazy spelled names. :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2007-01-30, 07:11 PM
One definite advantage to having two hosts....you can split the pm's.

Alarra
2007-01-30, 07:21 PM
There's a rule, you see...when I've not been a wolf, I've been eaten early.

If you lynch me, you just give the wolves someone else to eat.

This is cause you're scary to play against too. :smallsmile:

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-30, 07:47 PM
Actually, he's just scary. Trust me I know. He was an Unholy Terror when he was younger... Now that job's fallen to myself and my twin brother.....

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 09:37 PM
[high squeaky voice] Oh, look at llama he is the lover. Lets use him for a bit and then eat him [/high squeaky voice] :smalltongue: It wasn't as bad as my death scene... I still want to know who came up with the idea for that :smallamused:

Alarra
2007-01-30, 09:45 PM
Actually...that was a group effort...brought about during an im session between...umm...myself, bookman, and korith? I think? Death may have been there as well. Chris certainly wasn't.

Raistlin1040
2007-01-30, 09:47 PM
I remember there being a ninja...

TheChris
2007-01-30, 09:58 PM
Actually...that was a group effort...brought about during an im session between...umm...myself, bookman, and korith? I think? Death may have been there as well. Chris certainly wasn't.

Certainly wasn't!?! What does that mean! Actually I probably wasn't since I don't remember what it was and the fact that I do try to get a decent amount of sleep, unlike you! :smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-01-30, 10:18 PM
It means that I would have remembered if you were there. And you weren't. Actually, I remember the conversation....hmm...I wonder if I've a log of it...

It's was Death's idea. And Bookman's actually.

Shadow
2007-01-30, 11:06 PM
Alright.
I stated before that I had a tiny bit 'o confusion regarding the actual mechanics of the game. Well, I've read through an older game and understand completely.
Sounds like a blast!
I can just imagine the PM's going between people!
I also understand people's various roles.
My only question is this....

It is stated that The Devil is sort of like the Seer for the wolves.
But, as explained in the rules, the Seer is only shown wolf/villager unless scrying the Fool. Does the Devil 'see' Masons, the Baner, Seer, Fool... ect...? Or is the Devil only shown villager/seer? I would imagine that they would get more information considering they already know who the wolves are.

Indurain
2007-01-30, 11:13 PM
Yes...you are correct.

Devil sees - Mason, Baner, Seer, etc.

Alarra
2007-01-30, 11:14 PM
Umm...actually...the seer generally gets more specific scryings as well.

B-Man
2007-01-30, 11:16 PM
Umm...actually...the seer generally gets more specific scryings as well.

Correct, whereas the Fool would only see (or supposed to see) villager/wolf.

Alarra
2007-01-30, 11:18 PM
Although it shouldn't be that way. The fool should get a random chance to see any of the roles, because otherwise if someone sees a specific role then they know they're the seer rather than the fool.

That's how I ran it anyway.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-30, 11:18 PM
The Fool is SUPPOSED to be random as well... (V anyone?)

EDIT: Alarra beat me to it!

B-Man
2007-01-30, 11:28 PM
Although it shouldn't be that way. The fool should get a random chance to see any of the roles, because otherwise if someone sees a specific role then they know they're the seer rather than the fool.

That's how I ran it anyway.

Meh... I'm just basing that fact off of the time when I was the Fool in Werewolf II.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:00 AM
Cool.
Thanks!

Ink
2007-01-31, 07:49 AM
The Devil would also see the Fool as the Seer, correct?

2007-01-31, 07:54 AM
^Wrong, or at least, as I read it. They would see the fool as a fool since they see the correct thing. Just like the seer sees the correct thing when he looks into the fool.

The fool just sees random things for everything, while the Devil/Seer see the truth 100% of the time.

....Although with Lucky narrating maybe?

In other news, can we take out life insurance in this game to protect our collectibles?

Ink
2007-01-31, 08:02 AM
What good would the insurance do you if you're dead, Death?

So that means the only person in the game who can tell the difference between the Seer and the Fool is the Devil? Since the Seer and the Fool themselves would not be able to tell the difference offhand, right?

InaVegt
2007-01-31, 08:08 AM
What good would the insurance do you if you're dead, Death?

So that means the only person in the game who can tell the difference between the Seer and the Fool is the Devil? Since the Seer and the Fool themselves would not be able to tell the difference offhand, right?
Yes, indeed, also IIRC a fool scrying the seer would automatically see that it was the fool, ruling tactics like both scrying eachother out.

Korith
2007-01-31, 08:17 AM
Well, generally the easiest way to determine who is what is to have both seer and fool scry a highly suspected wolf, then lynch the poor sod in the morning.

Of course, that assumes that the Devil hasn't weaseled in as well. If the Baner is already known to the wolves, then sacking the devil to learn the true identity of the seer always strikes me as a good idea. After all, the rest is just meat http://hg.missingworlds.com/smile/werewolf.gif

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-31, 09:00 PM
Shouldn't the game have started by now?

Korith
2007-01-31, 09:07 PM
My thoughts too....they're probably rolling the roles.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-31, 09:10 PM
Ah, that would make sense.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-31, 09:14 PM
(shoot, I gotta run take care of something, can one of y'all tally up the llamatar votes for me?)

Lucky
2007-01-31, 09:26 PM
Ahem. Due to the absence of both the host... Role distribution starts now...

Shadow
2007-01-31, 09:26 PM
@ Llama: I'll start adding them up.

Alright.
According to my calculations the Llama-vote went down like this:
Behind curtain number 1: Trojan Llama *12.5 votes
Behind curtain number 2: Ninja LLama *4.5 votes
Behind curtain number 3: Speedo Llama 4 votes
Behind curtain number 4: Jester Llama 8 votes
Behind curtain number 5: Psychodelic Afro Llama 4 votes.

And your winner is: Trojan Llama

*Half a vote each for Trojan and Ninja LLamas because Kyrian said that he'd go for either.

Trojan Llama doesn't have a mask. I have a problem with that.
Just for the record.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-31, 10:01 PM
so how long do we think it is until the game starts?

Lucky
2007-01-31, 10:11 PM
Latest tomorrow night, if not tonight. I'm just starting to send my half of the PMs now, and B-man has probably sent a couple.

Goblin Music
2007-01-31, 10:31 PM
what if we get no PM?
dos hat mean that we are villagers

B-Man
2007-01-31, 10:39 PM
No, that means we haven't gotten to you yet.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-31, 11:07 PM
@ Llama: I'll start adding them up.

Alright.
According to my calculations the Llama-vote went down like this:
Behind curtain number 1: Trojan Llama *12.5 votes
Behind curtain number 2: Ninja LLama *4.5 votes
Behind curtain number 3: Speedo Llama 4 votes
Behind curtain number 4: Jester Llama 8 votes
Behind curtain number 5: Psychodelic Afro Llama 4 votes.

And your winner is: Trojan Llama

*Half a vote each for Trojan and Ninja LLamas because Kyrian said that he'd go for either.

Trojan Llama doesn't have a mask. I have a problem with that.
Just for the record.

Wow....Trojan llama it is. The reason it doesn't have a mask is the mask conflicts with the helmut design. I'll willing to sacrifice the mask in favor of other awesome head apparel, such as the glasses from the beach llama, or the skull from the llambie.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 11:24 PM
Well, I'll never vote for anything that doesn't have a mask. That's just me.
I was really hoping for more votes for psychedelic afro llama. Or was it psychedelic poodle llama?

B-Man
2007-01-31, 11:24 PM
The sun rises over the peaceful village. The birds chirp merrily and the rooster triumphantly welcomes the coming morning. Everything seems peaceful, until a gust of wind picks up from the south. On the breeze if the scent of burnt wood. A group of villagers assemble and head southward to investigate the burning smell. To the south of the village there is a cemetery where B-Man is the care taker and lives on site.

When the villagers arrive at the cemetery, they find B-Man's house is burned down. There are many splatters of blood on the ground. There is also evidence that something was dragged into the forest nearby. The villagers follow the carved out path until they see a swaying corpse, hung by a thin metal wire.

The entire left side of the body is charred and there are many claw marks on it. It's identity is unable to be determined. Nearby, there is a coffee mug and silver sword. The villagers cry out as they discover that the unrecognisable remains belong to B-Man.

A wounded wolf limps on to the scene. It seems that he has taken a wound from something that was silver. The villagers start throwing rocks at the injured wolf. The wolf snarls at the villagers and tries to back off into the woods when he is pegged in the side of the head.

That really hurts you know.

The villagers jump back a couple of paces when they recognise the voice of the wolf. It is Lucky.

What? I'm a wolf, get over it. He then looks at the hanging body of B-Man. He got what he deserved. But damn him! He injured my leg and the pack abandoned me. Ungrateful bastards!

A villager steps forward and asks: "How many of you are there."

Lucky gives him a hungry smile. There are nine of us... well eight now... as I'm no doubt going to die right here- He voice is cut off as a silver arrow pierces his temple. His body spins in mid-air and falls to the ground.

The villagers bring down B-Man's charred remains and carry them to the cemetery. There are several empty coffins laying about. The villagers don't pay any mind to the fact that there are several, they just lay B-Man in one of them and bring it to a freshly dug grave. A quick blessing is said and the coffin is quickly buried.

The villagers return to the village square and begin panicking. There are wolves in the village and their lives are at risk.

Day begins. The day will last for 48 hours. Night will begin at 11 PM EST (-5 GMT).

Bookman
2007-01-31, 11:26 PM
What? B-man?!

KHANNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnn

WOoooooolllllllllffffffffffffffffff!

(or alternativley LUCKYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!)

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-31, 11:31 PM
Ouch. Such a disappointment to lose two of the more amusing members of our village. Does anyone have any idea where to start? There is really no evidence to condemn anyone at this point.

Alarra
2007-01-31, 11:48 PM
Alarra looks on at the sad state of Lucky and the newly buried remains of B-Man with a faint tear. "The rest of your pack will pay."

"Any leads?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-31, 11:49 PM
Well, I'll never vote for anything that doesn't have a mask. That's just me.
I was really hoping for more votes for psychedelic afro llama. Or was it psychedelic poodle llama?

(its psychedelic poodle cut llama. WHY DID CEIKA HAVE TO READ THAT THREAD? *Sobs a little)

(Okay, I need to get some sleep and finish packing. Got a very busy weekend ahead of me. So please don't expect much in the way of posting until Tuesday. But that will fit in nicely in the story for the LLama LLegionary to show up.)

Thes Hunter
2007-02-01, 12:32 AM
Thes strides into the middle of the square. Her armor gleaming.

"I have a hunch that the most suspicious person is Eldritch Knight."

*** Thes points at Eldritch Knight ***

(( Let's get this party started. And maybe get myself lynched in the process. ))

EloquentRune
2007-02-01, 12:32 AM
Eloquent Rune standing behind most of the folk there looks over at the freshly fallen corpse of Lucky... What a monstrosity...

Trog
2007-02-01, 12:39 AM
Werewolves eh? Well that sucks. And eight of them no less. Looks like Trog had better be beating Trog's silver pieces into something a bit more weapon like. Unfortunately Trog has absolutely no skill in that area. Hmmm... maybe Trog could just sort of sharpen the edges and use them as throwing stars.
*gets out a file and proceeds to make wicked sharp mini disks out of a few silver pieces*
Is...er...anyone else concerned about getting him down from there? *indicates B-Man's swinging carcass high in a tree. Looks at silver disk thingies*
Hmmm... maybe Trog can use these.
*Tounge sticking out, Trog aims carefully at the wire holding the body. He throws, missing all three times and lodging the last one quite spectacularly in B-Man's head.
Doh!

2007-02-01, 01:17 AM
hmmm, me thinks it's time to go to the gun shop and buy some silver bullets. I shall be back after I am more prepared. Then saunters off in the direction of the town shops.

Shadow
2007-02-01, 01:35 AM
((Something I should have asked earlier. *Is this game run independent of, or in connection wth, our characters in the town?* My responses will vary accordingly. Shadow took a nasty bump on the head just last night and now has amnesia.))

2007-02-01, 01:46 AM
Well, I have always been told to trust one with a mustache, I think Thes has a good idea, someone even quoted some stats once.

*Death points at EK

Reactions are always good to base assumptions on day one.

The_Librarian
2007-02-01, 01:54 AM
((The SMBG are quite separate from the town, so it has no bearing on what happens in the Town, otherwise, Stabbity Death would be one long, continuous massacre, and the poor clerics would be running ragged res'ing everyone, and as for Kiss or Kill...))

Greeny watches as B-Man's remains are put in the ground and whines anxiously.

"I just don't understand how some wolves go so bad!" he says.

Shadow
2007-02-01, 02:20 AM
((Asking more about personality/whatnot. Doesn't really matter. Thanks.))

Shadow just stares, gaping mouth hanging open, not sure who to trust.
Why did I move here? We never had these types of problems back east... I'd have to say that this is the most scared I've ever been. And I don't scare easily.
This thought gives him an idea. He scans the crowd looking for anyone that doesn't seem uncomfortable. Surely the ones showing no fear are the prime suspects in his mind. Unfortunately, everyone seems just as terrified as him.
Good actors, these wolves are. I must be all the more aware now.
He pulls something out of his pocket. Tossing it in the air and catching it again, he saays to himself "It's a good thing I have this vial of silversheen. Lot of good it will do, I probably won't have time to apply it, should the need arise."
Uncomfortable with the quick accusations without merit, he keeps his mouth closed otherwise.

Helgraf
2007-02-01, 02:42 AM
Old Man Marsh Helgraf shakes his head from side to side. "Right shame about B-Man. Reckon we need to find us a werewolf afore we all get 'et." He hefts an old wood-axe, and looks around the village.

"My, we're quick to point fingers today. Still, ain't nothin' to it but to do it. Causen, if ana of you can convince me of a better target, but for now, it's all random chance anyway, and it looks like Eldritch already has two fingers on 'im. Well, three now..."

* Helgraf points at Eldritch Knight *

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-01, 03:11 AM
((Mkay...

*mumble*

True, that...

...Oh, the game's started?

I'll post soon. Got something else to do, and I feel like banging my head against something even though I'm not pissed.))

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 03:32 AM
Hey, DLD are you doing the village guard thing again? Ceika? I'm up for it if you are, even if it did get spectacularly weird in Werewolf V!

faerwain
2007-02-01, 03:57 AM
The wheelchaired knight, having moved into your town only last week helping out at the blacksmith and doing other casual work, shakes his helmet.
"Alas, what a shame. Well, at least he took down his murderer with him."
He stiffles a yawn.
"What a hell of a way to start the day. And I do believe it comes up to me to get rid of this rabid dog's remains, doesn't it? Well, I will not accuse anybody now before further investigating, but I can promise the wolves one thing:" Glances around the villagers suspiciously." There will be lot more canine bodies to dump soon."
Picks out a book: Knight's Handbook I: Mystical Beasts and you.

Rumda
2007-02-01, 04:26 AM
We need to root out all the wolves to prevent more scenes like this if only the wolf had survived we could have obtained valuable information on the identities of the other wolves...

Ink
2007-02-01, 06:08 AM
((Are there no newcomers in this game?))

2007-02-01, 06:12 AM
I think Joosbawx was a latecomer...

Tormsskull
2007-02-01, 06:53 AM
Tor looks about the village, wondering who else among the villagers is not really a villager, and is one of the heinous creatures. Picking up his handy-dandy book entitled "Surviving Werewolf Attacks for Dummies", he reads the first page.

Page 1 - Warning - If your name starts with a "T" and ends with an "L" Some blue demon-thing is likely to come along and point a finger at you. There are two ways to handle this, either point at him first, or come up with something catchy that proves your innocence. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Tor looks about the village again. "Seems like one has already drawn some pointing fingers. I'm not sure why really, but then again I have absolutely no idea who to point at, so here goes:"

Tormsskull points at Eldritch Knight.

Alarra
2007-02-01, 07:22 AM
Alarra looks at those pointing already. Maybe they know something I don't

*points at EK

Selrahc
2007-02-01, 07:25 AM
*Points at the Eldritch Knight*

Umm... Go team bandwagon.

2007-02-01, 07:27 AM
El J makes his usual late appearance. "Pointing on the first day, with no evidence? Looks like business as usual." He sets to work constructing a giant shamrock made of empty coffee cups as a memorial to B-Man and Lucky.

Blood
2007-02-01, 07:31 AM
Blood, in this game a fairly old man, walks toward the scene with his cane. He looks briefly at the carnage with a set face, and then turns to the crowd. "Looks like we got us a Werewolf problem." Seeing most of the crowd pointing at Eldritch Knight, he also *points at EK* , wondering what it is they know.

Could the seer be found already?

2007-02-01, 07:37 AM
^ ((Well, I know that E=mc^2, although E=mc^3 in the time space continuum if you happen by chance to be a timelord. ))

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 08:06 AM
Tor looks about the village, wondering who else among the villagers is not really a villager, and is one of the heinous creatures. Picking up his handy-dandy book entitled "Surviving Werewolf Attacks for Dummies", he reads the first page.

Page 1 - Warning - If your name starts with a "T" and ends with an "L" Some blue demon-thing is likely to come along and point a finger at you. There are two ways to handle this, either point at him first, or come up with something catchy that proves your innocence. Good luck, you're going to need it.

Tor looks about the village again. "Seems like one has already drawn some pointing fingers. I'm not sure why really, but then again I have absolutely no idea who to point at, so here goes:"

Tormsskull points at Eldritch Knight.

:)

Well I hate to break a trend.

Jontom points at Tormsskull

Seriously though, I don't think EK is a wolf. It's the old bandwagon theory again. If EK was a wolf another wolf would have tried to derail the bandwagon by starting a different one. Clearly no-one has, so chances are high that EK is just a villager, or at least someone the wolves don't know about.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-01, 08:07 AM
Ms E yawns sleepily as she joins the villagers, having been awakened by the fuss outside. "Mnh... what's that smell?" She wrinkles her nose, "Smells like... burnt coffee..." Her eyes get a little wider as she realizes B-man is not in the group. "B-man?!"

After getting a few updates from the NPC villagers off screen, she decides to follow the bandwagon on the this. "I hate bandwagons myself because once they get started, nothing's gonna stop them. That in mind, my pointing will fuel the raging fires just a little bit more, although I don't suppose it'll change anything in the long run. Sorry EK..." *Points at Eldritch Knight*

Alarra
2007-02-01, 08:13 AM
You know what I would do if I were a wolf? If a fellow wolf were pointed at the first day....I'd wait until the bandwagon had been pretty well established...then...point out that no one had opposed the bandwagon yet, implying the accused is a villager, making people then more likely to believe they're a villager and more likely to shift their vote...since this is the only possible evidence that could be used to shift a vote in the first day, and since it's well known to the more savvy players. But then, maybe that's just me.

2007-02-01, 08:19 AM
You know what I would do if I were a wolf? If a fellow wolf were pointed at the first day....I'd wait until the bandwagon had been pretty well established...then...point out that no one had opposed the bandwagon yet, implying the accused is a villager, making people then more likely to believe they're a villager and more likely to shift their vote...since this is the only possible evidence that could be used to shift a vote in the first day, and since it's well known to the more savvy players. But then, maybe that's just me.

Or, maybe a wolf would point out flaws in the reasoning in people, and say what they would do if they where a wolf while all the time being a wolf themselves but using their theories as a cover... and maybe, just maybe *death picks up a rock* This is a Lime.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 08:31 AM

There's a flaw or two in your reasoning, Alarra.

The only bandwagon that has ever been derailed to my knowledge was the one against Dis in Werewolf IV who admitted to being a werewolf (a very complicated but brilliant game). This theory was used successfully to spot villagers on at least two occasions earlier in that game, but nevertheless proved inadequate to derail the bandwagon - the villagers ended up lynched anyway.

So, to sum up, it's a very very very dangerous tactic to play. I can't imagine any wolf allowing another to bear that risk.

This is a game of bluff and counter-bluff. The skill lies in analysing the risk of any tactic, particularly as perceived by opponents, in interpretations of actions as enemy tactics or innocent actions, and then determining whether a player had the courage to run the risk.

As an example, if I were a wolf, I might consider sacrificing a wolf to give myself credibility. The gain would be slight if I did so by joining a fledgling bandwagon, and moderate if I pointed at them in the first place. However it would only protect me and any other wolves who joined the bandwagon early. Against that would be the risk that the loss would weaken our position too early. Also to take into consideration is the complexity - I would need the full agreement of all other wolves otherwise I would risk being sacrificed by them in turn. I would consider all these facts, and then decide it was a bad tactic.

To take your idea as another example, the gains are slightly better, but consider also if the wolf WAS lynched. Instantly I'd be the player who tried to protect a wolf which would put me at the top of everyone's suspicions. Given the lack of success in stopping bandwagons based on previous games this would be an extremely risky tactic since if it failed two wolves would be lynched and more importantly I'd be one of them.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 08:35 AM
Also, you're not that bad a player, so if you were a wolf I doubt you'ld do what you said.

And also, so people know, this is partly how I spot wolves. I see something the way Alarra did, and then put myself in their shoes, pretending to be a wolf. If it looks like a tactic I might try as a wolf, or more importantly, something they might try based on what I know of their character and game style, then I suspect them. If it seems like a daft idea I disregard it.

Oh, and just to clarify in case anyone gets confused by these posts saying things like "if I were a wolf" and reads them as "I am a wolf"..

I am a villager, ok?

Trog
2007-02-01, 08:35 AM
Oh good. Trog needed a lime. *Drops rock in Gin & Tonic. Sips*

Well that didn't work out that great. Trog's marksmanship needs work Trog guesses.

*Notices people pointing*

Oh! That time already? Well that's how they did it a couple villages over, Trog guesses.

*Points at Eldrich Knight*

Selrahc
2007-02-01, 08:37 AM
Three and Four person bandwagons have been derailed multiple times throughout the game. Once a bandwagon gets more than five people its harder, and probably impossible. The only counter to a five person bandwagon is a counter bandwagon(Dis in werewolf IV, EK versus MC Skittlez in Werewolf Classic II) or a seer announcement.

InaVegt
2007-02-01, 08:40 AM
Well, can't see the reasoning behind this bandwagon, but to prevent a possible future autolynch I will just follow this ‘Bandwagon’.

Gezina points at EK

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-01, 08:43 AM
Hey, DLD are you doing the village guard thing again? Ceika? I'm up for it if you are, even if it did get spectacularly weird in Werewolf V! ((*nearly falls over with laughter*

Sure!))

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-02-01, 08:44 AM
Raven the rebellious notices all the people pointing at EK. This game she decides to not contribute to pointless bandwagons, and instead points at Blood. you are all silly. this is your werewolf.

Korith
2007-02-01, 09:15 AM
Methinks Jontom Xire doth protest too much.

* Points at Jontom Xire

Goblin Music
2007-02-01, 09:17 AM
As much as i want to jump on a band wagon i want to hear evidence.
((isn't the baner A) a vilager and B) known by the wolfes))
i will not point just yet

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 09:18 AM
I've had a little time to think and review the evidence.

1) Alarra is acknowledged as a canny and intelligent player of the game - yet she made a lame attempt to cast suspicion on me and increase suspicion on EK.
2) Her finger point at EK is right in the middle of what is generally considered "werewolf encouraging a bandwagon" territory - i.e. 3rd-5th vote.

You might be my Diety, and make delicious puddings, but I'm afraid I have to do this.

Jontom points at Alarra

P.s. Selrahc, I don't consider three or four votes to be a bandwagon. Especially in the first few rounds when there are 30+ players still alive.

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 09:20 AM

* Points at Jontom Xire

Yuh. I got carried away. I do that when trying to explain stuff - communications skills problem. I used to be able to be clear and concise, but I lost that ability a few years back, apparently. Maybe it's under the sofa.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-01, 09:25 AM
*A large white elephant meanders into the town. Spraypainted on the side is "We're lynching first EK because of his behavior last game."*

*The elephant points at EK*
(This isn't a character, its more of a metaphor. If we're going to do it, let's at least be honest about it.)

Goblin Music
2007-02-01, 09:27 AM
Until i get solid evidince Goblin Points At Blood
((JX the evidence is not solid))

Shadow
2007-02-01, 09:34 AM
Shadow sees someone suspicious staring intently from across the street.

He turns and points at...

Wait that's just my refection in the window.

Shadow points at EK.

Why not? Everybody else is doing it?
Now who was it that had that wonderful idea about the bridge? I'm jumping too!

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 09:41 AM
*A large white elephant meanders into the town. Spraypainted on the side is "We're lynching first EK because of his behavior last game."*

*The elephant points at EK*
(This isn't a character, its more of a metaphor. If we're going to do it, let's at least be honest about it.)

So you're saying that everyone is only lynching EK because of his behaviour last game? Well why didn't you say so? I wasn't in that game, but even so, that explains everyone's actions.

Jontom points at EK

DarkCorax
2007-02-01, 10:07 AM
Corax Follows the others into the forest "oh... thats not pretty.... I'm going to reserve my pointing until there are some leads..."

Indurain
2007-02-01, 10:12 AM
As the elephant walks by Indurain his trunk swings knocking a large potato chip off the emperor's shoulder.

"Yeah, no surprise who I'm voting for this round."

Indurian points at EK.

Tormsskull
2007-02-01, 10:20 AM
((Jontom, when you get a chance go back to your old posts and strikethrough your old accusations for the current round, it makes it a lot easier on the narrators or anyone who is tallying votes.))

B-Man
2007-02-01, 10:46 AM
A little update for those who wish to compare against voting trends (and for narrators who like to stay on top of things):

Blood (2):
Cult of the Raven
Goblin Music

Eldritch Knight (15):
Alarra
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Blood
Ceika
Gezina
Helgraf
Indurain
Jontom Xire
Ms. E
Selrahc
Shadow
Thes Hunter
Tormsskull
Trog

Jontom Xire (1):
Korith

No Vote (28):
Bookman
Captain "Fluffy"
Captain van der Decken
DarkCorax
DarkLightDragon
deepdweller
Eldritch Knight
El Jaspero, The Pirate King
EloquentRune
Exachix
evnafets
faerwain
Gnome Barbarian
Ink
Joosbawx
Krursk
Krystal_Tiger
Kyrian
Raistlin1040
Rumda
Silkenfist
Tharj TreeSmiter
TheChris
The Librarian
weebl
Xylric

Ceika
2007-02-01, 10:55 AM

((Methinks Jontom usually protests too much... ))

*Ceika looks around, then nods resolutely.* I'm in for the town guard... hopefully it won't be a death sentence in itself... It looks as though EK is to be hanged? Is he truly a suspected wolf, or is it merely Karma, his past actions coming to haunt him? And what of Karma, friends? If we string him up and find him innocent, how long before all of our necks stretch in the gallows?

*she looks around, seeing that her words will mean little against the bandwagon already forming.* I am sorry about this, if you are innocent. *Ceika points at EK*

((*reads back over post* Um, apparently, Ceika is going to be a pacifist this round?))

Exachix
2007-02-01, 12:04 PM
Exachix wakes up and wanders out, gasping at the body of B-man, and then looks around.

"Interesting."

He sighs. Points at EK

"Alarra, What you said could have just directed the bandwagon off your possible friend, there is a possibility that you are a wolf. However, what you just said is dependent on if Eldritch Knight is a wolf, So we'll see, if not, i apologize for mistrusting you."

Gnome Barbarian
2007-02-01, 12:16 PM
Appauled from what happened this morning the gnome looks around at all those who have already been pointed to. "I cant say with certainty that I believe that any of you are truly wolves. I will have to think about this matter a little longer."

Silkenfist
2007-02-01, 12:20 PM
I don't think, EK is one of the wolves. But then again, almost none of us thinks so. Listen to the Llama, watch the Elephant. EK is lynched for his behaviour in WW2, not for concrete suspicions.
Normally, I would point out that information from outside the game should not be used and that we shouldn't waste an execution that easily. However, this is the first round and the vengeance execution is completely justified. At least enough for me to join this wagon.

*point at Eldritch Knight

The_Librarian
2007-02-01, 12:22 PM
"Ah heck, I'm not arguing with an elephant," Greeny comments, looking up at the huge creature. "Sorry, EK."

*"Hang EK!"* he barks, and then backs away from the elephant very slowly...

Goblin Music
2007-02-01, 12:26 PM
*Sigh* that will do Silkenfist
Points at EK

Korith
2007-02-01, 12:27 PM

Hmm...I think it is just you.

If someone were to use that strategy, the timing would be absolutely critical. Wait too long, and the bandwagon either hits majority, or there isn't enough time to see the counter-argument and save the condemned.

Historically, the only counter I've seen for a bandwagon is to make a bigger bandwagon. Most people, once on, don't bother changing their votes one the wagon passes a critical mass of 6-or-so.

Kyrian
2007-02-01, 01:28 PM
There's an elephant here??

*Kyrian points at EK

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-01, 01:36 PM
(my most popular character is a metaphor. sigh?)

2007-02-01, 01:45 PM
PGCoD gets back from getting his silver bullets, and begins to load them into his 12 gauge shotgun as Jontom starts his argument. After listening to everyone for a bit. Me thinks that Jontom is trying way to hard to get his point across, and that seems very fishy to me.

Points at Jontom

Rumda
2007-02-01, 01:45 PM
Vote the elephant for mayor and hang EK

Gnome Barbarian
2007-02-01, 02:37 PM
"It seems that suspicion is high on EK but the last time I came up agaisnt werewolves it wasn't this obvious who they were."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Blood

Jontom Xire
2007-02-01, 02:57 PM
PGCoD gets back from getting his silver bullets, and begins to load them into his 12 gauge shotgun as Jontom starts his argument. After listening to everyone for a bit. Me thinks that Jontom is trying way to hard to get his point across, and that seems very fishy to me.

Points at Jontom

Yeeess. This is your first game with me isn't it. Try reviewing the thread for WWIV and see if you're still suspicious of me.

And just for reference, if I were a wolf I'd probably be a bit more low key, although I'd try to play the same as I usually do.

Joosbawx
2007-02-01, 03:01 PM
Then again, wolves usually tend to respond to every little criticism they receive, also. In multiple posts. Back to back.

Nothing suspicious there...whew.

2007-02-01, 03:02 PM
((I'm playing this game Jontom. To be honest, I really don't care what happened in WW IV.))

Shadow
2007-02-01, 03:12 PM
I'm not saying that the lynching of EK is a bad idea, but I will say that we are learning next to nothing because of it.

I understand the reasoning behind it. I would even support it (probably) had I played in the last game.
With that said, it seems a waste of a villager to me if it turns out (and it probably will) that he's just a villager.

[Note] I have already pointed at EK

Ink
2007-02-01, 03:13 PM
Ink notices the rampaging beast and reads the elephant propaganda.

"Wait, you lot want to hang this man, not because you think he's a wolf, but because of whatever transgressions he committed in a previous life? Is that really going to save this village?"

evnafets
2007-02-01, 03:15 PM
Given that the condemnation of EK is almost universal, My initial inclination is to think EK a villager, and the wolves jumping on the bandwagon to send him to the gallows.
If EK was a wolf, surely either EK or another wolf would have mentioned someone else to divert the attention?

However as has been pointed out, this argument has been used several times and is now fairly well known. Regardless of that I'm going to go with it.

At this point in the day I can see two possibilities
1 - EK is a villager, and the wolves are all laughing at us
2 - EK is a wolf, and the wolves have decided to sacrifice him rather than fight it.

Either way, there are wolves among those pointing at EK.
Where in the bandwagon would they be? Early or late?
If EK is a villager, I would pick earlier - the wolves adding momentum to the wagon to get it going - say in the first 5-6 names.
If EK is a wolf, I would pick later - the wolves, seeing that nothing is to gained by trying to save EK throw their lot in with the sheep.

I hesitate to point at EK just because of his part in derailing the last game.
And I don't like following bandwagons as a matter of principle.

However given the current information to the contrary is zilch, and there are no arguments for pointing at anyone else, I think that just lynching EK as soon as possible will lead to gaining the most information.
At least it will point out where to focus the search.

evnafets points at EK

Blood
2007-02-01, 03:34 PM
Raven the rebellious notices all the people pointing at EK. This game she decides to not contribute to pointless bandwagons, and instead points at Blood. you are all silly. this is your werewolf.
((*sigh* I'm always destined to be pointed at for no particular reason, aren't I?))

deepdweller
2007-02-01, 03:57 PM
*sigh* im always left out, no one wants to point at me.

POINTS AT................ no one

DarkCorax
2007-02-01, 04:11 PM
*sigh* im always left out, no one wants to point at me.

POINTS AT................ no one

Sure... Why you want to get pointed at I don't know... but to avoid potential auto-lynch... *DarkCorax Points at Deepdweller*

faerwain
2007-02-01, 04:50 PM
*faerwain looks up from his book*
"Ah, there is an interesting connection between werewolves and the full moo..IS THIS AN ELEPHANT!?! Gods, maybe it's a good day to stop sniffing dreampowder..However, I can only warn of letting a devastating mob on the loose. Let's not follow the herd, at least I don't consider myself a sheep. But there are other signs.."
*turns sharply around to evnafets*
"You, Sir!! I was suspicious about you since my first day here, and you talking about werewolves laughing shows too much sympathy for these blasphemous beasts for my taste. Explain yourself!!"
*faerwain points at evnafets*
((I really don't want to jump on a bandwagon at this stage without any real indications, and as I hadn't played in last game I was not affected. But as I absolutely have no clue what to do at the moment I think it's best to stick to the old joke and cultivate the hostility between evnafets and me, especially as I don't think that it will put him in real danger.))

2007-02-01, 05:01 PM
((It looks as if we have a majority to hang EK.))

Shadow
2007-02-01, 05:23 PM
After hearing this

*snip
At this point in the day I can see two possibilities
1 - EK is a villager, and the wolves are all laughing at us
2 - EK is a wolf, and the wolves have decided to sacrifice him rather than fight it.

Either way, there are wolves among those pointing at EK.
Where in the bandwagon would they be? Early or late?
If EK is a villager, I would pick earlier - the wolves adding momentum to the wagon to get it going - say in the first 5-6 names.
If EK is a wolf, I would pick later - the wolves, seeing that nothing is to gained by trying to save EK throw their lot in with the sheep.[/COLOR]
*snip
This is exactly what I would say to allay suspicion of myself.

*snip
"You, Sir!! I was suspicious about you since my first day here, and you talking about werewolves laughing shows too much sympathy for these blasphemous beasts for my taste. Explain yourself!!"
*faerwain points at evnafets*
((I really don't want to jump on a bandwagon at this stage without any real indications, and as I hadn't played in last game I was not affected. But as I absolutely have no clue what to do at the moment I think it's best to stick to the old joke and cultivate the hostility between evnafets and me, especially as I don't think that it will put him in real danger.))
For that reason, I trust no one that *points* today after evnafets comments....
Actually, I trust no one at all. I just trust the people that post after these comments even less.
[edit] *point*. That should have read *point*

Alarra
2007-02-01, 06:40 PM
"Alarra, What you said could have just directed the bandwagon off your possible friend, there is a possibility that you are a wolf. However, what you just said is dependent on if Eldritch Knight is a wolf, So we'll see, if not, i apologize for mistrusting you."

How's that? What I said was not directing suspicion off of EK at all. It was, if anything, a crack at devaluing the theory that he was a villager put forth by someone else...who, I can't remember.

And JX....Korith....I'm not talking about bandwagons in general. The tactic I described would clearly not work any time but the first day. Since this is the first day, I was merely pointing it out as a possibility. Would actually I do that as a wolf? probably not. But the fact remains that it really is the only way to redirect a first day bandwagon unless you happen to be able to redirect the potential bandwagon within the first 2 or 3 votes.

Shadow
2007-02-01, 07:23 PM
I think I might have spooked everybody.
I would think that this was a high volume time of the day, but no one's posted in about two hours exept Allara....

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-01, 07:43 PM
I must say that I am VERY PISSED OFF at the lot of you. I imagine that the vast majority of you are pointing at me simply because I cheated in the last game. THIS IS NOT FAIR FOR YOU TO CARRY SUCH ANGER THROUGH TO ANOTHER GAME. I am not a werewolf in this game, and yet you persist to make me the first lynched. LAY OFF OF ME! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF YOU KNEW YOU WERE POINTED AT ONLY BECAUSE OF SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST GAME? Lay off of me. I am not a werewolf, and I would LIKE TO PLAY PAST THE FIRST NIGHT THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

In other news, I would have posted much earlier had the internet not been complaining at me.

Blood
2007-02-01, 07:47 PM
((:smalleek: I was just jumping on the bandwagon here, I didn't even know much about that whole cheating thing.))

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-01, 07:54 PM
So get off the bandwagon. I am a villager, as I was in the last game. It would do no good for you to lynch me, as I would be one more person the wolves would have to kill in order to win. If you want a wolf, I'd look elsewhere. I am a villager, nothing more and nothing less. That previous post was the venting of my frustration at the lack of rational thought behind who to point to. Yes, I could have seen it coming, but is pointing at someone out of spite really fair? C'mon people. I apologized for what I did, do you really need to take it out on me? Give me a chance to enjoy the game, because you are CERTAINLY NOT MAKING IT ANY FUN.

Common courtesy is that what happened in previous games stays in previous games. Do you have any idea how upset all of you are making me? I've already had a rotten day, and all of you are making it worse. What happened to common respect?

2007-02-01, 08:15 PM
((I do believe that EK is right. I think many of you are doing this to slight him due to what happened in the last game. Regardless of what happened in the last game, this is a new game. If you can't get passed the events, then I feel this is not the game for you. Trying to get back at his is definitely not in the spirit of this game. I specifically did not vote for EK for the aforementioned reason. If you are voting for EK just to spite him, please stop. If that is what you want the game to turn into fine. If it does, I will leave. This game is supposed to be light hearted, and just a SMBG, nothing more. If you have a grudge against EK, don't take it out on him in the game because you're just going to ruin it.))

Raistlin1040
2007-02-01, 08:29 PM
Raistlin steps from the shadow and Points at EK

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-02-01, 09:38 PM
Hmm. Werewolves...that's troubling. Well, I point at Jontom Xire. I honestly don't believe that Eldritch Knight is a wolf. There's really no basis for EK to be accused of lycanthropy and I think that Jontom is more likely to be a wolf in my opinion, given the arguments against him. (Why would the narrators give Eldritch Knight a major role after what he did in the original Werewolf II? I believe him when he says that he is a villager.)

Fluffy walks off, waiting for sundown. However, Phil stays behind a moment, giving a deragatory *Squeak!* in Eldritch Knight's direction, apparently still a little peeved at him for costing the werewolves the game last time. Then he remembers that OOC knowledge is frowned upon and runs after his master.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-01, 09:42 PM
((I do believe that EK is right. I think many of you are doing this to slight him due to what happened in the last game. Regardless of what happened in the last game, this is a new game. If you can't get passed the events, then I feel this is not the game for you. Trying to get back at his is definitely not in the spirit of this game. I specifically did not vote for EK for the aforementioned reason. If you are voting for EK just to spite him, please stop. If that is what you want the game to turn into fine. If it does, I will leave. This game is supposed to be light hearted, and just a SMBG, nothing more. If you have a grudge against EK, don't take it out on him in the game because you're just going to ruin it.))

Thanks. I didn't mean to snap like that, but that is how I honestly feel. I'm not the type to hold grudges, so it's one of my major pet peeves when people do that to me.

Trog
2007-02-01, 09:50 PM
No. Don't vote for the elephant for mayor!

*drags in a donkey*

Vote for Pedro, here!

((ok. that's enough of that. :smalltongue: ))