PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXXXX

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Saurous
2007-01-30, 07:58 PM
Ctrazt walks into the tavern. A medium-sized mirror floats over his head. He carries in his hands a glowing diamond and a candle. He sits down at a nearby table, placing the mirror on the table in front of him and places the candle and diamond in front of him. He orders a Mind Flayer Mead.

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:00 PM
Magician smiles "I pursue a somewhat different practice, although related."

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 08:02 PM
Oh really? Ahh... wouldn't happen to be the celtic druid style of magic, would it? Jack's mind races through the different magics he knows.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:04 PM
The Pigeon, slightly dazed, wanders over to the bar. After a couple of attempts, it flaps up, and begins pecking the surface.

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:05 PM
Magician shakes his head "I practice daoist sorcery, alchemy, and divination."

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 08:07 PM
Oh... oh. I don't know much about that... Jack taps his fingers along the table in an odd pattern.

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:18 PM
Magician smiles { as do I, since I copied the explanation out last time } and explains

Magician smiles, always happy to pass on his techniques. He takes out five coloured rods "The five elements: water, wood, earth, metal, and fire." He places them in a pentagonal arrangement, then separates out 36 more "36 passions assail the soul: things such as love, hate, fear, pride, hunger, and so on. There is one rod for each passion. Additionally, each passion can be in the past, the present, or the future. Three states of thirty-six give one hundred eight." He finally takes another dozen rods "The dragons control the doing of things... energy, you might say, but it is more complex than that. One of my great searchings is to learn the glyphs for more dragon-kings to add to my power. I always carry these twelve, though."

Magician smiles "The rods themselves are bamboo, with the proper glyphs painted on with special ink in a particular fashion." Magician separates the rods into piles "In and of themselves they do nothing. I use them to make patterns, and with those patterns I can modify the elements, influence passions, and command the dragon spirits. We call modifying the elements 'alchemy'. We call the influencing of passions 'divination', and we call commanding the dragon spirits 'sorcery'. Allow me to demonstrate" Magician first arranges the elemental rods, he takes one of the passions and lies it across fire and metal, then swiftly places a dragon rod across it. Lightning crackles along his hand, and he points it at the ground outside: a lightning bolt leaps out and scorches a patch of dirt. Magician smiles "I apologize for the clumsiness of those passes. As you gain proficiency with the rods, you need not do all steps separately. I had not done the individual passes for the thunder dragon in many years. I must also say that there is also one more rod, but I do not bring it out without great need."

Magician smiles again, picking up a rod "These aren't any random glyphs: they are the true names of the elements, passions, and dragon spirits. When placed into the proper arrangements in the proper sequence and timing, the overall patterns become impressed onto the universe itself: with corresponding effects. The more intricate or powerful the desired result, the more complex the patterns become and the more sensitive the timing is."

darnin
2007-01-30, 08:19 PM
Darnin walks in, sits at the bar, and orders his usual.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 08:21 PM
So why exactly do the rods channel magic? How do these patterns affect things as we know them?

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:22 PM
The Penguin spots Darnin, and begins to hop towards him.

Coo-coo, Coo chrroo

darnin
2007-01-30, 08:26 PM
Darnin remembers what happened the last time he saw the bird, and sighs. He decides to give the bird a second chance before hunting it down.

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:26 PM
Magician shakes his head "The arcane energy that you are familiar with is not used by these methods. These rods have the true names of the universe inscribed on them. The patterns are instructions to the universe. You flow through the patterns, and the universe carries out your commands, compelled by the true names."

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 08:29 PM
Arcane is a such a limited term. I am a spellcaster, not an arcanist. I manipulate many things to gain my power. A number of my magics take advantage of the arcane, I'll admit, but I use divine magic, pact magic, shadow magic, truespeaking, dragon magic... though not dragon magic like yours... melodic mastery, druidic lore... the list goes on. Jack shakes his head.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:29 PM
Ctrazt listens in on a bit of the Magician's explanation. He then goes back to what he was doing. He places the mirror at the opposite side of the table psionically. He then places the candle between the mirror and himself, manipulating a flame and lighting the candle with it. He then places the diamond, which pulses a gentle red, between himself and the candle. He places his hand against the diamond, willing his psionic energy into the diamond. After a few moments, the diamond sends a surge of red energy through the flame of the candle, striking the mirror. The mirror shows a vision of a world of chaos before sending a surge of energy back at Ctrazt. The energy seems to strike Ctrazt in his mind. It sends Ctrazt flying backwards, crashing into the wall.

AGGH!

He slumps to the floor.

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:32 PM
Magician looks at Ctrazt in surprise "Oh my..." Then he turns back to Jack and bows his head politely. "My apologies. I am so used to trying to explain to people who equate spells with one particular variety of supernatural effect that it has become a habit."

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:33 PM
The Pigeon stands on the bar in front of Darnin, then hops onto his shoulder. It coos gently.

darnin
2007-01-30, 08:37 PM
Darnin, with a hopeful sigh, pets the pigeon, noticing the person hitting the wall in pain.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 08:38 PM
Jack shakes his head. Knowing so many types of magic... gets confusing. I have a hard time distinguishing between them occasionally, and other times I simply mix a few or forget one or two.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:41 PM
The Pigeon seems to enjoy being petted. It settles down, and tries to take a sip of Darnin's drink.

((Can pigeons sip?))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 08:46 PM
Agent Omega comes out of a coma, and wonders if he missed the whole world saving thing with whoever the heck the Nameless was.

Ah well. At least the evil Nameless or whatever didn't kill everyone...unless I'm in hell...

Agent Omega starts looking around for anything that might suggest he isn't in the Town anymore.

I don't see any demons or devils...I guess I'm okay.

darnin
2007-01-30, 08:46 PM
Darnin sighs, and doesn't stop the pigeon. Well, I've managed to befriend a pigeon.

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:47 PM
Magician nods to Jack "Sometimes a certain degree of specialization really is a good thing." He sips at his tea, which he finds to have gone lukewarm. A few passes with the dragon of fire, and it is warm again.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 08:49 PM
Thankful that this person seems to have accepted him, the pigeon coos again.

It hops down to the bartop.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 08:49 PM
Jack sighs, but grins. But, even forgetting or mixing things up from time to time, I know more of the different magics than anyone I have ever met.

Saurous
2007-01-30, 08:50 PM
Ctrazt stands, shaking his head.

Ow...

His eyes widen suddenly. He waves his arms around his head.

Indigo W! Samuel Adam anarchist box! Chinese tressle!

He goes on like this for a few moments, and then calms himself.

Erm...sorry about that.

He sits back down at the table. The diamond, or, more formaly, the Chaos Diamond and the Candle of Truth have tumbled off the table. The mirror still rests in it's place. Ctrazt picks up the diamond and candle, placing them back on the table. He then closes his eyes, placing a psionic barrier around himself.

((Gotta go))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 08:56 PM
Agent Omega scratches his head. What the hell was that?

Magician
2007-01-30, 08:58 PM
Magician chuckles "That, my friend, was bizzare. Which, strangely enough, is standard around here." He nods to Jack "I see no reason to doubt that, but if the prepondarance of various mechanisms is confusing you then how does it really help?"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 09:00 PM
To anyone willing to listen:Excuse me, this may sound absurd, but am I in hell?

Magician
2007-01-30, 09:02 PM
Magician shakes his head "Most certainly not: You are on a nexus world, in a bubble on the Astral plane. This is worse, in some ways, but lacks the finality of having been sent to semi-eternal punishment."

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 09:04 PM
Tirre walks out of the mirror to Inari's Church, and walks over to the bar, depositing Terre on the floor nearby.
Archon Ale please.
Tirre has a random realization.
Huh, we havn't irritated Rizzen lately....wonder how the jail cell's treating him?
Tirre chuckles and grabs his drink and takes a sip out of it.

McBish
2007-01-30, 09:07 PM
Eric comes inside and almost turns around when he sees Agents badge. But instead he tries to hide his limp while he goes and sits down by the fire.

Jacklu
2007-01-30, 09:14 PM
Jacklu exits the mirror and looks around. Man, it's been way to long. He takes a seat at the bar. A round of drinks for everyone in honor of those characters who just met a bloody end at the hands of my foe.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 09:14 PM
Because even in my confusion I have mastered more and use more than most. Jack shrugs. And because I get confused less and less frequently.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 09:15 PM
Magician shakes his head "Most certainly not: You are on a nexus world, in a bubble on the Astral plane. This is worse, in some ways, but lacks the finality of having been sent to semi-eternal punishment."

I see. I only ask because someone was yelling about a big apocalyptic threat two days ago. I fell into a coma, and didn't know if they had succeeded or not.

McBish
2007-01-30, 09:17 PM
Since he is buying I'll have a Guilders Ale.

Xaspian
2007-01-30, 09:18 PM
The Pigeon leaves.

darnin
2007-01-30, 09:19 PM
Darnin looks over at Agent.

Oh, I was there. I'm fairly certain it got cleared up.

Magician
2007-01-30, 09:20 PM
Magician smiles at Jack "It sounds like a fascinating pursuit, all things considered." He turns to Agent Omega. "Quite understandable around here. If I were of a nervous disposition, I would surely have been driven to distraction by now."

Hearing the offer of drinks, Magician orders a new pot of green tea.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 09:21 PM
Tirre replies to the Agent:
We won the fight, though my brother here has some temporary mental illness as a result. I'll have another Archon Ale.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 09:22 PM
To Jacklu: You're buying? I suppose I'll have a Cormyrian Fireamber, then. Are they any good?

To Tirre: It seems everyone here in Town suffers from mental illness.
The comas seem to be the most common symptom. I wonder if there's a shrink in Town...that would certainly help.

Fenric
2007-01-30, 09:25 PM
(( Sure, there's a shrink. He wears a top-hat and has a cane. Looks a lot like Sophistemon, but isn't quite as formal. Charges a lot, from what I've heard... ))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 09:25 PM
Tirre shrugs at the Agent.
His illness only causes him to spawn an odd mindblade and to charge into battle suicidally. Could be worse i suppose.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 09:31 PM
((I think Omega'd rather have a sane shrink who doesn't cause the insanity. He's seen Dancing Man, and all its done is make him question the Town's physics, order, logic, time-flow, etc.))

To Tirre: You're right. It could be worse. He could've been turned into an evil, egotistical, robot commander with a grudge against you and the ability to turn your face into circuitry, which he uses every time you try to get a drink.

darnin
2007-01-30, 09:31 PM
Darnin laughs and turns to Omega. If a shrink came here, they'd leave just a quickly, I'm certain.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 09:33 PM
Nah, he'd get fabulously wealthy, killed 435 times, and then leave with his sanity as shattered as that guy with the top hat, and his pride down the drain.

McBish
2007-01-30, 09:35 PM
Eric drinks his ale and watches Agent Omega out of the corner of his eye.

Magician
2007-01-30, 09:35 PM
Magician chuckles, but cannot particularly argue with Agent Omega's assessment.

darnin
2007-01-30, 09:38 PM
Alright, fair enough. I agree with everything except the top hat, which I have no information on.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 09:38 PM
Magician smiles at Jack "It sounds like a fascinating pursuit, all things considered."
It is a goal one must be very devoted to, but you gain astounding insights...

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-01-30, 09:42 PM
IG-A2

"Meatbags" IG says as he throws a can in the air and shoots it with his blaster "This planet is obsolete"

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 09:43 PM
Tirre smiles at the thought of the shrink suffering that which he fights. He wanders off outside after propping Terre into a chair.
I have an appointment to make....
Wonder if Rizzen's gone insane yet? Eh...he's already insane...lets go with more insane...
He shakes his head and laughs. He strides out the door looking cheery.

Magician
2007-01-30, 09:45 PM
Magician nods at Jack "I would imagine so." He looks incrediously at IG-A2's rather startling non-sequiteur. "How can a planet be obsolete?"

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 09:46 PM
Jack turns to the robot as well, amused.

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-01-30, 09:56 PM
IG-A2

"Simple, What bonuses to the galexy does this planet hold? None-That can't be made by another" IG says, moving his hands as he speaks "Without anything special, Someone could blow this planet up with no signifigant disadvantage besides the loss of . . .billions" He says with a notable amount of glee in his voice.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 09:57 PM
Crap, another robot? Listen, how badly do we need to beat you until you'll admit organics aren't obsolete? And this world offers plenty. You obviously haven't been here long enough.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 09:57 PM
Destro pops into existence. Hello Everyone. He sits at a random table.

McBish
2007-01-30, 09:58 PM
Eric gets up and limps out the door.

Magician
2007-01-30, 09:58 PM
Magician shakes his head at IG-A2 and gives up. He waves to Destro, and sips at his tea.

darnin
2007-01-30, 09:59 PM
Darnin looks at the robot. You seem somewhat happy at the thought of ending billions of mostly innocent lives.

blackout
2007-01-30, 10:00 PM
Nukular enters the tavern, handing out fliers to everybody, listing information regarding an expedition.

((see Old Unidentified Ruins for details.))

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-01-30, 10:01 PM
"Why of course!" IG says happily "And organics ARE obsolite, we need no food, no rest, only energy which can be made by more robots" IG says as he walks to the door "Now if you meatbags exuse me, I must be off for more. . . Important matters" Ig says as he flicks a gold coin at the bartender.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 10:04 PM
Destro waves to Magician, takes a flier, and raises a finger to IG. I'll have you know I don't sleep, need to eat, or use energy. Who's obsolete now, you overbearing bucket of bolts?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 10:05 PM
Terre rises in direct defiance of gravity and his mindblade remanifests in the odd sword/axe/scythe combo again. With a blank look he walks towards the door and chops it down, continuing out. Right before he leaves, the image of a black bug creature is briefly seen in the mindblade.

darnin
2007-01-30, 10:05 PM
Darnin grabs a flier.

Hm, where have I seen this before?

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 10:07 PM
He left. Someone must've programmed in a cowardice chip when he was made.

Now that I think about it, I haven't really slept, or eaten much while in Town, if comas don't count as sleep. Is that another twist of this Town?

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 10:08 PM
Jack looks over at Destro, seeing Magician's attention in him. He suddenly thinks of something and looks back at Magician.
Oh, and what can I call you? I'm known as Jack.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 10:13 PM
Agent Omega grabs a flier.

When is this excavation thing? Sounds fun and dangerous. I need something to do with my currently pointless existence, and a dangerous trip to some forgotten ruins sounds worthwhile.

blackout
2007-01-30, 10:15 PM
Oh, hey Darnin. Hows'it? He turns to Omega. Soon as I get the help I need.

Magician
2007-01-30, 10:16 PM
Magician smiles "Hello, Jack. My name is 徐福. You can call me Magician, which is close enough in this language."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 10:22 PM
Well I might help you out with an excavation. Sounds like it could be interesting. I might learn some new things, and that's always worthwhile.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 10:22 PM
To blackout's char: Good, I hope that's soon. This police salary isn't enough to sufficiently drown my sorrows in alcohol. I either need to find some form of entertainment besides fighting insane criminals, or more money for wine.

Did I just say that? Crap, what if I'm addicted to booze because of coming to this Town?
...I really need to see a shrink.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 10:24 PM
Interesting name. Fitting, I suppose.

Nevrmore
2007-01-30, 10:25 PM
Floyd walks into the tavern, limping slightly. His right pant elg is ripped.

"I could sure use a damn drink."

blackout
2007-01-30, 10:25 PM
Well, for everyone willing to join, it's a half-million to come along at all. And if you grab anything from the ruins, feel free to sell it in town unless I call dibs. If I call dibs, you relinquesh it to me. And, don't worry. I'll leave more than enough for you guys to retire on.

Magician
2007-01-30, 10:26 PM
Magician shrugs "If a use-name was not fitting, then what use would it be?"

Nevrmore
2007-01-30, 10:27 PM
Well, for everyone willing to join, it's a half-million to come along at all. And if you grab anything from the ruins, feel free to sell it in town unless I call dibs. If I call dibs, you relinquesh it to me. And, don't worry. I'll leave more than enough for you guys to retire on.
"Holy Shemp, think of how much beer I could buy with that kind of cash! I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning in a day!"

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 10:27 PM
Tirre bursts in.
You want interesting yes?
He pants from his run.
Bunch...of armor things...down by some church on....the outskrits of town...whew...If you go watch out for my insane brother....just don't kill 'im, we share a soul after all.
Linky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1925013#post1925013)
He passes out from running too hard.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 10:31 PM
Well, I'm already retired, but I could always use some more money. Good for finding things out. Sure, I'll go. Destro happily orders a round of drinks for everyone in the bar for no reason other than he's feeling generous.

darnin
2007-01-30, 10:31 PM
Darnin looks at Tierre. That does sound interesting.

blackout
2007-01-30, 10:33 PM
Ok, everyone joining, sign up, here and now! We need three lore-masters, six guards, and a pair of people schooled in ancient civilizations! Don't be shy! Don't be shy at all, sign up now! He sits down at a booth and begins stacking sign-up sheets.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 10:33 PM
The same as a word. Does a word truly have meaning that we do not assign it? Jack grins. However, I obviously agree with your assessment, as my name is fitting to me.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 10:34 PM
Tirre obviously doesn't notice Darnin as he is unconscious.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 10:35 PM
Half a million? Crap, I'll have to send a message back home if its that much.

Agent Omega goes to sign up.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 10:36 PM
I could do Lore-master or ancient civilization. Which do you need more?

Nevrmore
2007-01-30, 10:37 PM
"Dude, I'm totally a lore-master sort of..."

darnin
2007-01-30, 10:38 PM
((Heh, he wasn't really talking to Tierre))
Darnin walks over and checks to see if his name is on the list.

Kenyon
2007-01-30, 10:39 PM
Jackie wakes up at one of the tables.

"Whoa, so this must be how Ken feels when he's forgotten for a couple of days..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-30, 10:41 PM
A displacer beast slinks into the room from the upstairs. Apparently he had come through a window in order to avoid using the door and causing lots of attention to be placed upon himself. He carefully sidles towards a shadowy corner, his tentacles flattened against his body to reduce the chance of catching someone's eye.

Magician
2007-01-30, 10:42 PM
Magician finishes the last of his tea and stands. "I think I shall call it a day. Good luck on your spell searching." Magician heads out.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 10:42 PM
Destro waves to Jackie and waits for a reply from blackout.

blackout
2007-01-30, 10:44 PM
Both, if it'll save recruitment time and money.

(sry, lag)

AmberVael
Jack nods to Magician and looks over to the Tau with slight interest.
What kind of lore?

Nevrmore
"Question: Will there be beer?"

Kenyon
2007-01-30, 10:45 PM
Jackie returns the wave. "Hey, Destro. Any news on Ken or the cultists, since..." She tries to think of how long she's been asleep, ""...whenever?"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 10:45 PM
To Pink Floyd: I think it's a BYOB quest.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-30, 10:47 PM
The displacer beast sits in a hunched over position in the shadowed corner. Feeling fairly secure, he allows his tentacles to curl and uncurl as he thinks.

The Orange Zergling
Oskar enters, looks around the room, mutters, and takes a seat at the bar.

Destro_Yersul
Destro shakes his head. Nothing. I'll find him though. I've got Divination working around the clock to find a way to know where he is, but nothing has come up so far. Then, to Blackout's Char: Alright, I'll do both then. He waves a hand and his name appears on the signup list. Then he does a double take when he sees Oskar.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 10:52 PM
He orders a DLB, not really acknowledging who's in the bar.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-30, 10:53 PM
The displacer beast uses the cover of the shadows to climb up the wall into the even more shaded rafters, where it presumably is sleeping.

Kenyon
2007-01-30, 10:53 PM
Jackie catches Destro's reaction, and looks at Oskar, then back at Destro.

"...friend of yours?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 10:54 PM
Yeah. I haven't seen him for a very long time. Hey! Oskar! Destro grins and waves.

blackout
2007-01-30, 10:58 PM
To answer all inquiries, there will be money. There will be beer. You will need to bring a weapon of some sort. He spots Jackie. HEY, YOU! I KNOW YOU!

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 11:01 PM
((Except my inquiry... :smallfrown:))

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:01 PM
Ehh? He turns around in his seat. Oh, hi Destro. How's life?

((If there's some obvious disfigurement or somesuch Destro has, I'd like to know what it is, seeing as I havent read up on recent events...))

((@^: :smalltongue:))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 11:02 PM
Agent Omega reloads his E-Razor handguns, telekinetically readies his energy blades, and glups down the rest of his Cormyrian Fireamber.

I'm ready.

Kenyon
2007-01-30, 11:03 PM
Jackie looks at the Tau, and glares at him. "And I remember you to, jackass. Would you like a medal?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 11:04 PM
((He's got a metal plate over his left eye. Other than that, he's pretty much the same as ever))

Life? Life is great. I love my continued existence. There is no sarcasm. Destro almost slipped up and made some comment about not being technically alive, but then remembered who he was talking to.

blackout
2007-01-30, 11:05 PM
*growl* Ok. Lock and load, people, we're moving out! He exits the tavern, making a mental note to come shake down Jackie for information regarding Kenyon later.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 11:06 PM
Jack sighs as his question gets ignored, and he buys a drink.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 11:07 PM
Agent Omega follows the Tau, after giving his weapons one last safety check.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:07 PM
...okay. Oskar sips his DLB and looks between the Tau and Jackie, knowing better than to chant 'fight fight fight'. He watches the Tau leave and shrugs.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 11:08 PM
Ok. Well, I should be off to help this fellow out with his excavation now. I'll see you later. Destro stands, grins, and walks through the door.

blackout
2007-01-30, 11:09 PM
((sry. :) ))

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:10 PM
He mutters and drains the rest of his DLB.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 11:13 PM
Tirre wakes up on the floor.
Drink. Gimme. Now.
He darts over to the bar and steals some ale. He notices Tau leaving.
Where's he going?

darnin
2007-01-30, 11:13 PM
Darnin shrugs and heads out.

AmberVael
2007-01-30, 11:17 PM
Jack sighs and leaves after downing his drink.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:20 PM
Oskar looks over at Tirre. No clue.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 11:23 PM
Tirre ruffles through his cloak and pulls out two scrolls.
Oskar can you read/use this scroll of restoration by any chance? If so I have a favor to ask.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:26 PM
Uhh... sorry, unfortunately I can't. He glances at the scroll and wonders how Tirre knew his name.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 11:29 PM
Detect Thoughts.
Still hasn't worn off from when I last used it. I'm only able to find names with it, which is good enough for me.
He sighs and wonders when he will find someone who can use scrolls.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:31 PM
He blinks. Um, okay. His eyes dart to the door momentarily.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 11:34 PM
Tirre raises an eyebrow.
Expecting someone?
He grins.
You remind me vaguely of someone, only in a slightly different circumstance.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:41 PM
Not really... ...and who is it I remind you of, out of curiosity?

((Sorry for slow responses, should be faster now))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 11:50 PM
Might as well be honest, you gave me the vague feeling of the desire to escape. This directly reminded me of the recent incident within this establishment involving a certain Rizzen Seareer. His initial target seemed to act like this at first. But I have no intention of attacking you, so don't feel alarmed.

He takes a drink of his Archon Ale. Begins to calculate how long it would take him to read two different scrolls.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-30, 11:53 PM
Oskar rolls his eyes slightly and orders another DLB.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-30, 11:56 PM
Eh what the hell, might as well try...be warned this may back-fire.
He begins to read a scroll of teleportation. A flash ripples through the room and Terre appears near the back. He still has his blank look and continues to wield his Dejblade. He begins to walk towards Tirre purposefully.
Tirre runs behind the bar and tries to read the scroll of restoration as fast as possible.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:05 AM
He watches with a raised eyebrow, confused.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:13 AM
Tirre nears completing the scroll and looks up to see Terre, who promptly cuts the scroll in two and narrowly misses doing the same to Tirre's head.
Come on! Be reasonable! I know that your mind's been warped beyond the laws of nature, but still!
He jumps over the counter into the far corner of the room. Terre doesn't respond and cuts the bar away in his direct path to Tirre.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:15 AM
Oskar puts a hand inside of his cloak, grasping a hidden dagger, as he steps away from the commotion.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:17 AM
Tirre guesses what Oskar is doing.
No! Don't try to kill him! That would kill me as well! AA!
He dives under another slash from the Dejblade.
Incapacitate if you can....but don't kill!
He runs to the other side of the room and tries to find another scroll of restoration.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 12:19 AM
The door flies open, as Kenyon walks into the tavern. His clothing is torn and ragged, and his face is covered with about a week's worth of stubble. A small blood stain can be seen on the back of what remains of his coat.

Before he can do anything, though, the power of plot sucks him right back out.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:22 AM
Oskar blinks. Actually, I wasn't planning to do anything except in self defense.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:27 AM
Ducking another swing: OK, one wrong guess, so sue me, I'm not omniscent. Can you parry with that thing by any chance?
Terre spins the Dejblade and 15 fireballs shoot out towards Tirre.
O.o

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:29 AM
Not really, but I can with these. Oskar unsheaths two identicle shortswords, and steps forward, but stops and winces when he sees the fireballs.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 12:32 AM
Not-Destro steps into the tavern and makes his way to a dark shadowy corner. A black shadow goes missing from behind the bar, reappearing in his hand.

((Not-Destro looks exactly like Destro, except without the eye plate))

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:33 AM
A mass of gray and blue tumbles down the stairs as Shadow trips over his own foot at the top of the stairs.
Landing in a heap at the bottom, Shadow lays motionless.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:34 AM
Tirre knows he can't dodge the fireballs.
TAKE COVER!
He curls up on the ground wrapping his energy resistant cloak around him as no less than 10 fireballs slam right into him.
A few other fireballs fly off in random directions.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:36 AM
Oskar glances at Not-Destro, and at Shadow (almost wrote The Shadow... I should bring that character back sometime.). He tilts his head to one side slightly at the missing eyeplate on Not-Destro, but makes nothing of it.

As Tirre shouts, Oskar swears in a non-PG13 manner and kicks over a table and dives behind it, althought it wont provide much cover, seeing as it's made of wood...

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:39 AM
Shadow stirs a little before getting up from the fall. He props his head up on one elbow and looks around the room as if confused.
Where am I?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:41 AM
Oskar lucks out in that the only fireball to go near him goes right over his head and into the wine rack. Tirre uncurls slightly dazed only to instantly be thrown into several dodging/near parries to avoid being decapitated/eviscerated/delimbed.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 12:42 AM
Jackie snaps out of her temporary daze, and looks around. "Awww, what now?"

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:43 AM
Oskar crawls out from behind the table, still cursing. <Censored> this, I'm outa here.

He gets up and makes a dash for the door.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 12:43 AM
Trog's Tavern. Not-Destro avoids being hit by any fireballs. Somehow he does this without moving.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:44 AM
The blast jolts Shadow into action. No longer concerned about where he is at the moment, he draws his rapier and takes a defensive stance.

For a moment he seems stunned. The look on his face says... Where in the nine hells did this sword come from?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:46 AM
Continuing to dodge his brothers attack Tirre asks:
Who hear thinks they can parry these blows for me without hurting him? Just for a couple minutes I swear!
He ducks a wee bit slow and suddenly his hair is much shorter.

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 12:48 AM
Oskar opens the door and runs out, leaving it ajar.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:48 AM
Shadow jumps into the fray attempting to defend the unknown person with the bad haircut. In what way has he wronged you?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:50 AM
Thanks, just parry for a few minutes please!
Tirre jumps backs behind some tables and begins to read another scroll of restoration.
Oh neither of us has wronged the other, his mind has just been warped beyond the limits of nature....I'm trying to fix that. So don't hurt him please.
Terre just even register that he's facing a new target, he gives the same blank look and attempts to cut the new person in half.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:53 AM
Shadow deftly blocks and dodges the furious attacks. Surprised at the skill of the unknown stranger that he has become to himself.
Where did I learn to do this?

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 12:55 AM
Not-Destro watches, amused. What do you know? Tonight could be fun. And I thought it was going to be boring here. He laughs and downs the Black Shadow.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 12:56 AM
Terre deftly reverses his swing to attempt remove his target's legs while he slides towards him.
Tirre has read 1/10 of the scroll.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 12:59 AM
The Unknown Man sees this clever attack coming before it's ever started Was that one mf my tricks? and does a quick backflip striking out in mid turn.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:03 AM
Terre twist the Dejblade and easily blocks the attack and jumps back and spins sending out lightning bolts towards his target.
Tirre has read 2.5/10 of the scroll.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 01:06 AM
The blast hits the one formerly known as Shadow squarely in the chest. As the deadly electricity fizzles out of existance, Shadow is filled with a tingling feeling. The look of confusion over Shadow's face grows and for a moment his defences fall.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:09 AM
Terre seizes the moment to almost warp up to him with lightning speed and strike at his chest.
Tirre is 3.8/10 done with the scroll.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 01:13 AM
The sheer amazement of the electricty doing no harm throws Shadow so far off balance that he falls over while trying to dodge the thrust.
He falls down to the... floor... where did he go? It would seem that he fell into the shadow under the table and appeared again in the corner of the room, behind the scroll reading man.

Rebonack
2007-01-31, 01:13 AM
An odd, black, jagged looking insect-like creature walks through the tavern's wall. Apparently someone forgot to mention that such things normally serve as barriers to movement. It attempts to look rather discrete, kind of hard when one is a creature from which light itself flees.

It skitters over to a stool and then glances at the other tavern patrons with its scintillating 'eye' to get an idea of how one is to operate such a tool. The bug clambers on top of it, one leg behind, two in front and the two forelimbs resting on the table.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 01:14 AM
Very nice save there. Could be a challenge... Not-Destro starts taking notes. Notes which appear to be written in blood that is certainly not his. He raises an eyebrow at the bug and takes a few notes on it, too.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 01:17 AM
Agent Omega enters the tavern, but is suddenly sucked into a portal. His player exits the portal, and hides a rubber chicken in his cloak.

The player instantly takes on Magtok's physical form, and orders a drink.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:19 AM
Terre swirls around and throws the Dejblade with all his force at Magtok.
Tirre has read 6/10 of the scroll.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 01:22 AM
The being formerly known as Shadow just stands in the corner that he appeared in, confounded as to how he got there.

He steps in front of the scrollbearer in case the madman turns his attention this way again.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 01:23 AM
The blade strikes Magtok's player, and goes right through his chest. It doesn't seem to bug him much, though.

It's going to take a while to repair that. All that wasted circuitry just to repair a silly stab...*sigh*

He pulls out the blade, and realizes there are perks to being a player, and not a character.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:24 AM
As the Dejblade flies towards its target Terre dashes towards "non-Destro". The Dejblade warps back to Terre's hand after striking Magtok.
Tirre is 7.8/10 finished with the scroll.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 01:26 AM
Not-Destro watches him. Hello there. He looks around to make sure there aren't any cops in the tavern. I'm going to enjoy causing pain to anyone who gets within three feet of me in the next little while.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:27 AM
Terre feints to the left and slashes at non-Destros arms.
Tirre is 9.7/10 done with the scroll.

Rebonack
2007-01-31, 01:27 AM
The insect-like creature waves its myriad of antenna at not Destro while scrutinizing the table very carefully.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 01:33 AM
Not-Destro shrinks suddenly, swiftly becoming a small red fox. The blade passes through the point where his hands were, and then he is back to being human. Now then, about that pain. He raises a hand.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 01:34 AM
The man in the gray cloak turns to speak to the scrol reader in disappears from sight, melding into the darkness in mid sentence.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:35 AM
Terre begins to reverse his swing and he freezes.
Tirre finishes off the scroll in triumph.
A black cloud swirls around Terre and the Dejblade dissolves.
A small blob of black goo falls out of his eye and scurries across the floor. Terre collapses into unconsciousness.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 01:38 AM
Whoops, you're down there now. Oh well. Not-Destro ignores the blob of blackness and focuses on causing a very large amount of pain to the collapsed person in front of him. Basicly it should feel like he is on fire, except without the burning and crispyness. Just the pain. This, of course, assumes that it works.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 01:38 AM
The door to the tavern swings open and The man in the gray cloak hurries through it, rapier still in hand.
He surveys the scene ad sees that it's calmed down.
What happened to the madman? Where did he go?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:43 AM
Terre's body begins to twitch from the pain being inflicted upon him.
Tirre upon seeing this grows furious and his mindblade begins to grow to unrealistic proportions.
LEAVE HIM ALONE!
He charges non-Destro and uses slashes at him multiple times all in different places in relation to the center of his body.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 01:43 AM
Magtok's player examines his stab wound with annoyance, then leaves the tavern. A rubber chicken falls out of his pocket on the way out, and a loud moo comes from the chicken.

Shadow
2007-01-31, 01:46 AM
The Man in the Cloak rushes to stop the.... He disappears again. With the loss of his memory, he is unable to control his shadowjumping ability.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 01:49 AM
How bout no? Not-Destro takes some of the hits, and manages to avoid others by shifting around and dodging the blade. When he stops, he is standing and wounded. You want some to? He redirects the pain to Tirre. Enjoy. He smiles sadistically.

Just then Destro enters the tavern. He doesn't notice not-Destro immediately, him being in a corner and all.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 01:51 AM
Kenyon walks back into the tavern again, and looks around. "Glad to see things haven't changed while I've been out..."

Jackie recognizes her boss's voice, and turns to see Kenyon standing in the doorway. She sits there for a moment, not sure what to do.

Kenyon looks over at Jackie, and waves. "Hey, Jackie! Destro tells me you've been lookin' for me!"

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 01:52 AM
In his fury Tirre hardly registers the pain and presses the attack on non-destro. Terre rolls over and groans.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 01:56 AM
The rubber chicken spits out a robot, one known as ESARS, the Rogue Android.

Meatbag sorcery has caused me to be here? How very unusual...

The android looks at not-Destro and Destro, and scans them to be sure they are two different beings.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 01:57 AM
((Not-Destro and Destro appear to be the same person, but clearly aren't. Not-Destro does scan as alive, with genetic impurities, while Destro scans as undead. Other than that, they are the same))

Not-Destro manages, amid the flurry of attacks, to notice Destro come in. Lovely. He ceases causing pain and falls to his knees. You can stop any time, you know...

Destro grins at Jackie. I found him. You want to explain, or should I?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:00 AM
NO! You attacked my brother while he was defenseless! You shall pay accordingly!
He attempts to "remove" non-destro while he's on his knees.

((huh, I just noticed a very very slightly Miko-like quality there....)

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 02:02 AM
Jackie walks up to Kenyon, and slaps him across the face.

"What the hell is your proble-?"

Jackie pauses at the end of her question, as Kenyon briefly shoots her the vilest glare she had ever seen. However, as soon as she sees it, it disappears, as Kenyon seems to be back to his regular self.

"Ow! Dammit, well, excuse me for gettin' caught in a cave-in!"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 02:03 AM
Strange...the dead one seems more active than the live one.

The android orders a DLB, and when it arrives, ESARS pours it all over Cosmo.

Enjoy, meatbag. That drink was on you.

Rebonack
2007-01-31, 02:05 AM
Destro might notice a creature identical to the one who was eating the rafters several nights before seated at a table and looking rather awkward. Incidentally, it isn't eating the tavern at the moment. Instead, it seems content to waves its numerous antenna at Destro.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 02:06 AM
Strange...the dead one seems more active than the live one.

The android orders a DLB, and when it arrives, ESARS pours it all over Cosmo.

Enjoy, meatbag.
((*bursts out laughing*))

Yeah, about that. Kenyon, you might want to sit down. Destro orders a trio of very strong drinks and blinks at the Tavern-eating thing. I should have a look at that...

Not-Destro completely rips off Star Wars. Pay? I won't, but you will. He gets run through by Tirre's mindblade. Go ahead. Strike me down with your hatred. Use it. It makes you strong. He coughs up a little bit of blood. But know that in doing so, you will make me more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 02:09 AM
Kenyon sits down, confused.

"What the hell were you doing with those cultists?"

Kenyon proceeds to look more confused.

"Um, what cultists?"

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:10 AM
Tirre's mind clears for a moment Lich?he shakes his head and decides to just remove his arms with two quick slashes. Terre staggers over to non-destro and attempts to sock him in the gut.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 02:11 AM
Not-Destro completely rips off Star Wars.

Magtok's ghost shows up for a moment.

Vader quote: Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 02:16 AM
((Exactly))
Ow. Not-Destro gets punched in the gut and doubles over. Blood runs from the sword wounds in his chest. He grins weakly. Thanks. He tries to laugh, but all he manages to do is gurgle a bit and cough up some blood.

Destro sits down too. I told you you'd need to sit down. You were most certainly with a bunch of cultists, and I know because I broke up their ceremony to find you and ended up chasing you all over the forest for a good twenty four hours. The drinks arrive and Destro slides one to Kenyon and one to Jackie. You probably need this.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:20 AM
The twins try to drag non-destro over to Destro and throw his body on Destro's table.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 02:24 AM
Kenyon downs his drink quickly. "This's some kinda crazy joke, right? I've been trapped behind a couple tons of rock for the past few days! I've don't know any cultists."

"Ken, I heard you running with your equipment as Destro broke up everything. I know the sound of that stuff clanking around anywhere."

"Yeah, one small problem with that, honey..." Kenyon gestures to his back, pointing out the lack of his rifle or chainsword. "I had to leave most of my stuff outside when I went in the cave, 'cause it was bangin' around too much. It sounds like these cultists of yours grabbed my stuff while I was stuck in there."

Kenyon looks at the body on his table. "Sorry, waiter, but I don't think I ordered the fresh corpse."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 02:25 AM
((Is not-Destro going to become a ghost like Obi-wan? That'd be neat.))

Magtok's ghost leaves, and says ominously:(exact quote from SW. found on wikipedia)

This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi Not-Destro, and will soon see the end of the Rebellion cultists.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 02:29 AM

((BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!))
((*feels very evil*))

Destro is about to reply to this, except for one thing. The body of not Destro is now on his table. He stares at it for a moment, not realizing who it is. Then it kicks in. He glares at the body. Why did you put this filth on my table? It's not angry at the Twins, just a question.

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:33 AM
Assuming he goes all lich on our asses, we thought you to be the most competant here to contain it.
Tis not like we know where his phylactery is if theorized event occurs.
Always possible something completely different could occur.
But this choice will have to do and we have chosen you to help us contain it.
Terre winces when he realizes his left arm is dislocated. Tirre just glares at non-destro's body (corpse?)

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 02:39 AM

((BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!))
((*feels very evil*))

((I've got a bad feeling about this... ))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 02:39 AM
((^: You always have bad feeling! You have bad feeling abou- hurk! *Evil Grin*))
((Corpse. He's quite dead, at the moment))

Destro stares at the body. He is not a lich. He is, in fact, very dead. Would you be so kind as to remove him from my sight before I do something I may regret? He glares at the body for the second time in as many minutes. Now then Kenyon, are you absolutely certain that you were not, in fact, at an evil ritual involving torture and sacrifice and that you were not, in fact, enjoying it?

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 02:42 AM
((Another SW quote that fits the situation!))

((Mindtrick: These are not the droids This isn't the Kenyon you're looking for.:smallbiggrin: ))

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 02:44 AM
"Destro, for the love of Plot, I haven't eaten in a boopin' week! I'm pretty damn surprised I didn't die of dehydration while I was out there. After finally freein' myself, I come back here, and get accused of torturin' people as part of some creepy cult? I almost wish I WAS in this damn cult! Maybe there I coulda gotten some food!"

He takes Jackie's drink, then sighs, leaning back in his chair. "But no, I haven't been to any rituals. evil or otherwise."

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 02:47 AM
Good. I was quite sure that wasn't something you'd do. I only wish I had some way of making sure... Destro stops and blinks his one eye. Boop?

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:48 AM
The dvati stare at the corpse.
I love being prepared for these situations.
He cackles maniacally and whips out a scroll of destruction.
Hope he won't need this body any more.
Tirre begins to read the scroll.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 02:52 AM
((Another quote that fits the scene! It could've been thrown in post 937, or 933!))

((Lando: "Why, you slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler. You gotta a lot of guts showing up here after what you pulled."))

((Should I stop doing this now?))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:54 AM
((I don't care, continue if you wish))
Tirre finishes the scroll if no one particularly tries to bother him, non-destro's body being the target obviously.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 02:55 AM
Kenyon sighs, and shakes his head. "My player's been readin' too much Erfworld."

He stands up. "Now, if you'll excuse me, my doctor told me I need to get some rest. I'll talk to y'all later." He yawns, as he leaves the tavern for the Dead-Eye.

Jackie gets up after Kenyon leaves. "Something's not right, Destro. That's not the Kenyon I know. I slug him a lot, but I've never seen him glare at me like that because of it. I'm going to go ahead and head back to my place. Let me know if you hear anything more about those cultists, okay?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 02:55 AM
((No. You should not stop quoting SW))

The corpse is quite thoroughly destroyed. It ceases to be. It has passed on. If it hadn't been destroyed, it would be pushing up the daises. It is an EX CORPSE.

Ah. That explains it. Goodbye Kenyon. Destro watches him go, then turns to Jackie. Keep an eye on him. I'll tell you if I hear anything, but I want Kenyon kept out of trouble. Oh, and here. Destro spends a couple seconds buying a takeout bag filled with Velvet Elvish. Give this to Kenyon, tell him it's from me, and that I feel bad for not trusting him, ok? Plus it'll give him something to eat.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-31, 02:57 AM
((Actually, he's just resting...))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 02:58 AM
Tirre sighs.
Those acts should have been sufficiently evil enough to balance out all this good crap we've been doing....
Why are we neutral again? Oh yeah....So we can do things like this....
Terre takes any possessions that were left behind after non-destro's body was destroyed.

Kenyon
2007-01-31, 03:01 AM
Jackie nods, and leaves the tavern.

((Damn you, Town! Getting to bed two hours late! *sigh* I'm gonna have a loooong day tomorrow. 'Night.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 03:03 AM
((Ooh! Found one!))

((Han:"Great, Chewie Kenyon, great. Always thinkin' with your stomach."))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 03:06 AM
((I know how that feels. I love Town and it's time distorting ways))
((Only Resting!? E's bleedin' demised))

Not-Destro was carrying quite a few things. Most were knives of various shapes and sizes, as well as a collection of small yellow beads ((fireball when broken, modified to do electricity damage instead)), his pocket covered robe, several bags of coins and a bag of black onyx.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 03:09 AM
((Did you say... electricity?))

(("If you will not be turned... you will be DESTROYED! (shoots lightning) Young fool. Only now at the end do you understand. (shoots again) Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side! (shoots) You have paid the price for your lack of vision!"))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 03:09 AM
Terre nicks all the stuff before anyone else can so much as notice its existance. Tirre wanders off to find some ale.
I really am surprised that not a single cop showed up....

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 03:12 AM
((Yes, I did. Electricity is evil. Hey, did you see the time Destro went all "Emperor Palpatine on this guy he hated? If you didn't, I'll find you a link))

Cops never show up unless someone hopes they won't. Plus none of them are usually awake this time. It's probably why that impersonating bastard got away with all he did.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 03:15 AM
((Maybe, but I'm not sure. When was that?))

((I would've sent in my cop char, but he's busy in the ruins. He was also sneak attacked by a rubber chicken.))

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 03:18 AM
((Aaah... the Emperor Palpatine moment... that was fun. It was a while ago. Dont remember exactly when...))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 03:18 AM
((As Oskar said, a while back. I'll go find it))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 03:24 AM
((Digging through your history? That's always a pain for me. *Tosses Destro a shovel*))

((Magtok is based on both Palpatine and Vader, if you never noticed. The cyborg face is not based off of Dr. Doom. Why does everyone say that? Dr.Doom's face is entirely metal, and he wears green! Green! Like Link! And umm...Luigi! Green is a hero color, Dr. Doom! And you had nothing to do with my character!))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 03:30 AM
((Thanks. *uses shovel to unearth search feature*
*uses insanely good memory for fiddly details to find correct thread*
*looks at first post on each page to find the correct place*
Hah!
*fiddles with forum to get a link to start at the correct post*
It starts here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=260402#post260402). The fight starts further back, but that's the Emperor bit. Enjoy!))

((This was before the forum move, so some of the posts are a little wonky))

((And I think you mentioned that before. Silly Dr. Doom and his wearing of Green. I like green. How dare a villain wear green, which is a good hero colour!))

Chaotic Bob
2007-01-31, 03:32 AM
Terre pulls a dartboard out of the folds of his cloak and puts it on the wall. He and Tirre each spawn their mindblades into darts and continue to play to game that should be quite obvious.
They play this for about an hour then they pass out for no real reason and get sucked up into a miscellaneous vortex.
((AKA bed time for me, seeya later everyone))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-31, 03:40 AM
((Ooh. Still reading, it seems cool so far.))

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-31, 03:45 AM
((Thanks. I remember planning that one for a while. It was great fun, and involved Destro pwning. Hehe. Silly Justicar trying to CON damage a lich))

The Orange Zergling
2007-01-31, 04:22 AM
((Truth to be told, at that point in time I didn't know liches were immune to ability damage... <.<))

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-01-31, 07:27 AM
IG-A2

IG-A2 walks into the Tavern again a small pack on his side, on the other his blaster. He sits down at a table and swings the pack onto the table, crashing it in a boom of metal parts. He opens it slightly and gears and plates pour out of the sack. He starts to tinker with the parts, making a 8 inch tall humanoid frame.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 08:29 AM
Fus reappears, and takes a drink of water. He silently watches the people in the tavern.

Castaras appears, sees Fus, then walks to the opposite end of the room, and takes a seat. She watches IG-A2 with interest.

She then carries on drinking herself into uneasy slumber.

Fus grins at the sleeping half-drow then teles away.

McBish
2007-01-31, 10:53 AM
Eric comes inside and gets a plate of bamhacon and a hot chocolate and goes and sits down next to the fire trying to warm up. After eating he pays and leaves.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:02 AM
Svala teleports into the tavern and looks around curiously, humming softly to herself.

McBish
2007-01-31, 11:14 AM
Eric comes back inside and heads over to the chair he was sitting in. He looks around for a bit and finds a spool of thread. It looks like he might need this since his shirt has several bloodstained cuts in it.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:17 AM
Svala looks over at Eric and winces, wishing she had a bit of magic for that. But she did not. With a sigh she half leans, half sits on top of one of the tables.

McBish
2007-01-31, 11:20 AM
Eric tucks the thread into a pocket and glances over at Svala and wonders what is so familaiar about her. Maybe it's just winged chicks.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:24 AM
Svala continues to look around the tavern for something interesting to do. She shrugs oddly, and her wings fade away into her back, and her ears become pointed like an elf's. Eric might realize that while she is similar to Verdandi and Aesa, there is something distinctly different.

McBish
2007-01-31, 11:26 AM
Eric shakes his head at the transformation. Huh. With that he leaves again.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:27 AM
With a sigh, Svala begins tossing some dice idly to herself.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:28 AM
Castaras wakes up and casts Remove Hangover. She then orders some water.

Fus reappears, smiling grimly.

The kitten sits in the doorway to the tavern.

MEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

The kitten runs over to the bar and sits on Cosmo's feet. All is quiet and calm in the tavern. What could possibly go wrong?

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:32 AM
Svala looks at the suddenly awakening/appearing characters with interest, smiling a little at the loudly yowling cat. She rattles the dice in her hand as she watches the group.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:34 AM
Castaras glances at Fus sitting next to her, then gets up and quickly sits down at another table. She then carries on drinking.

Fus grins and puts his feet up.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:41 AM
Svala eyes Fus for a moment, then looks at Castaras. She shrugs again and keeps humming, placing her dice on the table she leans against.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:44 AM
Fus sees the dice and his eyes gleam.

Want to do a bit of gambling?

The kitten purrs as Cosmo trys to gently remove the cat.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:45 AM
Svala grins. Only if you let me cheat.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:46 AM
Fus laughs.

A winged gal with a sense of humour! Most just glare and speak of missions...

He looks at her.

You can cheat if I can cheat.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:49 AM
Hmm... not sure that would be a fair trade for you, but we can see how it turns out. Svala slips into a seat and motions for him to come and join her.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:51 AM
He sits next to her, grinning.

Ladies first...how much you betting?

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:53 AM
Hmm... well, I am a bit short on money at the moment. Being removed from existance tends to do that to you... but... Svala hums to herself. Tell you what, if you win, I can make sure you win many, many of your gambles in the future.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:54 AM
Deal. Ladies first.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 11:57 AM
Maybe we should decide on a game first? Svala gives him an amused smile. I know plenty of dice games.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 11:59 AM
Ok. Which one you want to do?

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 12:01 PM
We could do a simple one. Roll six dice, whoever has the highest number wins, or a similar game.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 12:03 PM
Fair enough. I'll roll first.

He reaches into his pocket and brings out some strangely coloured dice.

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 12:06 PM
Oh, and what is your bet? Svala seems very casual about this, as if she had not really cared whether he had bet or not. She picks up her dice and rattles them.

Castaras
2007-01-31, 12:07 PM
Hmm...

He pulls out a few sparkly gems.

Here. Six siders?

AmberVael
2007-01-31, 12:09 PM
I see a number of ways I could interpret that question. Could you clarify?