PDA

View Full Version : More spells for you to PEACH

Melcar
2014-02-12, 07:06 AM
Hello... I'm back with more awesome homebrew spells... I hope that you will take part in commenting on this. I need the feedback and advise.

Melcar’s Disintegrating Sphere
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wis 9
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: One standard action
Range: Close (25ft. + 5ft./2 level)
Area: 40-ft.-radius spread
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: Yes
The spell caster creates a black sphere, engulfed in dark green flames between his hands and launches it at his target. The sphere explodes in a blast of dark green sphere, preceded by a black blast wave. Everything caught in the blast must attempt two saves to survive. First a reflex save to determine the fortitude save. If the reflex save is successful, the DC of the fortitude is reduced by 10. If not, the fortitude is the same DC as the initial reflex save. If the fortitude save is failed the targets affected by the spell are instantly destroyed, leaving only fine traces of dust. If the fortitude is successful, nothing happens to the targets. The caster can alter the spell to either disintegrate everything, thus needing a pinch of dust or only to disintegrate organic matter, thus needing pinch of bone as material component.
Material Component: Pinch of dust or pinch of bone

MoleMage
2014-02-12, 11:17 AM
The save mechanic is odd, but upon reviewing Wail of the Banshee, it seems to be approximately within balance with the other mass-killing spells.

I might suggest making it work like its level 6 predecessor instead though, not for balance reasons but for continuity.

For example:

Change save to Reflex half, Fortitude partial (see text)

All creatures and objects in the area take 2d6 damage per caster level (max 40d6). Any creature or object affected receives a Fortitude save to reduce the damage to 10d6. Any creature (but not any object) affected receives a Reflex save to half the damage.

Okay I look at this and with the radius offered by the spell this is broken too...

Melcar
2014-02-12, 06:35 PM
Thank your for your comments! :)