PDA

View Full Version : some help on an elven twist.

YPU
2007-01-28, 04:13 PM
I need some help writing up a race, the wyld-elves. The theme and concept isn’t up for discussion, it started out as a joke but actually ended up being played in a larp me and my friends joined in.
So, the wyld-elves. The fluf behind them… the godes of the elves believed she herself was the most beautiful thing in the universe. At some point a group of elves who found themselves the most beautiful thing alive, and stopped paying homage to the goddess who made them. The goddess of course did not have the race she created turn her back on her. She had her priests banish them and curst them to be the most foul creatures alive in the eyes of the elves. They ended up looking like crossbreed between orcs dwarves and elves.
Wyld-elves live in a area that has rather large flora and fauna, and they commonly hunt moos tens of feet high. Cutting down the legs like they were trees. Wyld elves like big bad weapons and got a taste for extremely heavy crossbows.

So, the actual rules, this I need help on.

+2str
+2 con
-2 wis
-2cha
Weapon familiarity: bastard-sword as martial.
Bonus feat: endurance.
+4 racial bonus on intimidate.
Ok this misses a lot of taste and style ruleswise, any suggestions.

Ivius
2007-01-28, 04:41 PM
I really doubt that anyone will play this class. Dwarven waraxes and bastard-swords as martial weapons won't wow anyone, and endurance is nice, but not great. The ability penalties far outweigh the bonuses, and where are all the elf traits? (Unless these aren't supposed to be elf-like.)

Icewalker
2007-01-29, 05:07 AM
I agree, so far it kind of sucks. Add elf traits, as well as maybe some kind of intimidation ability. Maybe you should throw in a +1-2 str as well, or a natural weapon. It's a cool idea though.

YPU
2007-01-29, 10:20 AM
yea, i know its under powert right now, this is all i could come up with. its nto all there should be, but what i could come up with when i started thinking about it. a intimidate bonus would seem nice, one just big enough to ofset a low cha score, so that intimidate would be a good option.

I really doubt that anyone will play this class. Dwarven waraxes and bastard-swords as martial weapons won't wow anyone, and endurance is nice, but not great. The ability penalties far outweigh the bonuses, and where are all the elf traits? (Unless these aren't supposed to be elf-like.)
Yes, they should somewhat lose all the elfnes, but perhaps some lingering traits like low-light vision would could be nice.

nonsens
2007-01-29, 11:18 AM
sp they're horrificly ugly right? add frightful presence

YPU
2007-01-29, 01:27 PM
sp they're horrificly ugly right? add frightful presence
Ugly, yes. But not horribly ugly. Their just naturally ugly, but very far from the elven view of perfection.