PDA

View Full Version : Scorn Earth: Psionic Levitate?

Rossebay
2014-02-12, 12:00 PM
How high can I go? is it treated as Psionic Levitate in that I can sort of go anywhere, albeit slowly above 1 foot?
Is it essentially a bad fly speed with perfect maneuverability?

Psyren
2014-02-12, 12:45 PM
It's not clear, is it?

It's worth noting that in the Pathfinder version, vertical movement is explicitly allowed, and it is treated like Psionic Levitate. I suggest going with that interpretation.

Lappy9001
2014-02-12, 12:47 PM
Here we go (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/elocater.htm#scornEarth).

As someone who thinks the elocator is, while sub-optimal, totally awesome, scorn earth is cool, but not great.

The reference to the psionic levitate spell does seem to imply that you can effectively rise as high as you need to. The main benefit is to ignore most difficult terrain (and float all the time, because again, awesome). So it's not as good as a bad flight speed since it takes 1 round to rise 20 ft.

If I were DMing, I would rule that you can only move vertically while hovering above the 1 ft., range, but RAW is vague on this and you could certainly argue for horizontal movement given the description of the ability.

So, probably unlimited vertical distance, and you could argue for horizontal movement too.

Rossebay
2014-02-12, 08:10 PM
Right. That's how I was going to swing it.

Can I 5-foot step upwards, then? Twice?