PDA

View Full Version : By any other name...

Legendcrafter
2007-01-28, 04:54 PM
I may be rehashing an old thread, and I may ber stating the obvious, but has anyone ever noticed that Nale, a multiclass fighter/rogue/sorcerer who specializes in enchantment spells, is a bard in all but the name? Think about it: A bard has medium BAB, about the same as a multiclass fighter, a bard has some rogueish elements (high ref save, weapon proficiencies, etc.) like a multiclass rogue, and a bard can cast some enchantment spells like a sorcerer! I find this extremely amusing. :smallbiggrin:

MReav
2007-01-28, 04:56 PM
That was the point.

vbushido
2007-01-28, 05:08 PM
The hidden punchline for this:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html

-----
What part of NOT SUPPORTED didn't you understand?

FullPlateJacket
2007-01-28, 05:40 PM
The hidden punchline for this:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0050.html

To explain, that was the basis for the "And that never struck you as needlessly complicated?" line. As in, "Why not just be a Bard and save yourself the XP penalties?"

Cutsleeve
2007-01-29, 03:18 AM
The big question would be this. :) What combination of classes, feats, skills, and other stuff would nale :nale:have to take to equal Elans Dashing Swordsman prestige class. :D

Querzis
2007-01-29, 03:20 AM
The big question would be this. :) What combination of classes, feats, skills, and other stuff would nale :nale:have to take to equal Elans Dashing Swordsman prestige class. :D

I'm pretty sure he would just need is +3 greatsword and is armor instead of just a rusty dagger to be as strong as Elan.

Cutsleeve
2007-01-29, 03:26 AM
Not really what i was going for. I was thinking what combination of classes and such would nale need to take in order to replicate the Dashing Swordsman class. If he followed his previous disposition tword classes.

Though personally i think he would probably pick an obscure prestige class also.

Erk
2007-01-29, 03:32 AM
Yeah, chances are he will just pick a different twinky prestige class.

With all this blackguard talk, I have to say it would be much cooler if Nale went blackguard than Miko. Dunno if he qualifies though.

CockroachTeaParty
2007-01-29, 03:36 AM
Well, he has made peaceful contact with an evil outsider...

Erk
2007-01-29, 03:42 AM
Yeah, but +8 attack bonus, improved sunder, and a few other fightery things? With all that multiclassing I am pretty sure he would be a bit flimsy for a combat-oriented PrC. And if anyone quotes speculative numbers back at me, please be aware I'm not gonna read them :smallwink:. If Rich made him a Blackguard I wouldn't question it, I just mean I don't really see it fitting Nale's character as laid out.

Don Julio Anejo
2007-01-29, 04:01 AM
As a fighter-rogue-sorcerer he gets evasion and some nice rogue skills.. %)

AND sneak attack!

Erk
2007-01-29, 04:26 AM
And the ability to detect and disarm dc20+ traps. But he doesn't get bardsong, which, while silly, can be quite powerful.