PDA

View Full Version : [PF] How to abuse the Artic Domain?

deuxhero
2014-02-12, 03:53 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/animal-and-terrain-domains/arctic-domain

Its first power functions like command undead but for things with the [cold] subtype. This seems pretty big to me because the (supposed) balancing point for undead under the PC's control were

1: Lack of intelligence and limitations on following orders because of it, or if they were intelligent they would one day break free.
2: undead templates drop loads of good abilities

Neither of which apply here. Unless the [cold] creature is also undead, it only has to fail one save and its yours forever regardless of how smart it is. The [cold] subtype can be added to most creatures by some templates (like Boreal) so you could expand it pretty far.

What are some good minions to use with this?

The Cat Goddess
2014-02-12, 04:18 PM
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/animal-and-terrain-domains/arctic-domain

Its first power functions like command undead but for things with the [cold] subtype. This seems pretty big to me because the (supposed) balancing point for undead under the PC's control were

1: Lack of intelligence and limitations on following orders because of it, or if they were intelligent they would one day break free.
2: undead templates drop loads of good abilities

Neither of which apply here. Unless the [cold] creature is also undead, it only has to fail one save and its yours forever regardless of how smart it is. The [cold] subtype can be added to most creatures by some templates (like Boreal) so you could expand it pretty far.

What are some good minions to use with this?

Given the wording of the the ability:

but only to heal creatures with the cold subtype or to command them (similar to using the Command Undead feat against undead).

And then this wording:

Intelligent undead receive a new saving throw each day to resist your command.

I see no reason that all uses of the word "Undead" would not be replaced by "cold subtype" in the Command Undead feat. Thus, intelligent cold subtype creatures would receive a new saving throw each day.