PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER: People who have played the Shackled City A.P. - What about Occipitus?

Clistenes
2014-02-12, 07:00 PM
I got a question for DMs and players who have ended the whole Shackled City Adventure Path:

I just am curious to know what happened with Occipitus once you concluded the Adventure Path, because I think it's very difficult it will end well for the players: They have taken control of an Abyssal Layer Graz'zt had his eye on, and even if Graz'zt doesn't try to get rid of the players and conquer Occipitus, some mortal or demon who has adquired the Smoking Eye template will try to kill them to ease their own path to domination of the layer...

Returning Occipitus to Mount Celestia or turning it into its own Demiplane would be ideal, but it's strongly implied that's not something a mere mortal will manage with less than a lifetime of effort, even after reaching epic levels.

And even if you manage to turn Occipitus into a Demiplane, there is still risk of somebody trying to steal it.

So what happened in your campaign? Did you lose the template? Become a demon? Returned it to Mt. Celestia? Turned it into a Demiplane?

Telonius
2014-02-12, 07:09 PM
We ended the campaign at the conclusion of the adventure path, with Occipitus in its intermediate role. Saureya and the succubus who'd been in the Cathedral of Feathers were acting as regents for the characters. (She'd successfully bluffed the players when they burst into the Cathedral, and they believed she'd been captured by the Salamanders; I ran with the idea and made her a "risen to Neutral" succubus, just as Saureya was a "fallen to Neutral" angel).

If the campaign had continued, the players would likely have turned it into a demiplane, or attached to one of the Neutral planes.