PDA

View Full Version : druid teleport

geekintheground
2014-02-12, 08:14 PM
my DM is, after some pleading on my part, letting me get a fleshraker AC, but only if i go somewhere where they can be found (which is nowhere near where we are). so im looking for some druid teleportation spells. im currently level 9 so i have access to 5th level spells. they only need to be able to transport me, but if i can bring people that would be better. thanks folks :smallsmile:

eggynack
2014-02-12, 08:18 PM
I think the best option available at that level is the humble tree stride (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/treeStride.htm). Not great, but not all that bad either.

Sith_Happens
2014-02-12, 08:23 PM
I don't think there's anything you can cast yourself, but if you have money for scrolls there's Stormwalk (6th level) and Master Earth (7th level).

eggynack
2014-02-12, 08:29 PM
I don't think there's anything you can cast yourself, but if you have money for scrolls there's Stormwalk (6th level) and Master Earth (7th level).
Yeah, items can make things better. A belt of the wide earth (MIC, 204) is a pretty solid option along those lines

geekintheground
2014-02-12, 08:31 PM
thanks guys, i also found transport via plants, but, again, too high level...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-02-12, 08:34 PM
Belt of the Wide Earth (MIC) lets you convert a prepared spell into Teleport.
A single level of Seeker of the Misty Isle (CD) gets you the Travel domain, along with all of its domain spells.

Cruiser1
2014-02-12, 08:40 PM
I think the best option available at that level is the humble tree stride (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/treeStride.htm).
Tree Stride only allows you to transfer between plants once per CL. Assuming Oak trees perfectly positioned, the most one casting of Tree Stride can move you at that level is 27K feet or 5.1 miles. :smallfrown:

A better bet is Phantom Stag (SC) which has a speed of 180 feet, or over 40 mph at double move. Lasting 1 hour per level, it can move you 368 miles in a full day after one casting. It's a more Druid-y way of doing things too. :smallwink:

If you're non-evil, have a Bag of Holding, have a way to heal 1d2 CON drain, and don't mind a little cheese, then you can prepare the Sanctified spell Call Lantern Archon (CoV) in a 3rd level slot. Climb in the bag and have the Archon Greater Teleport you to any destination. :smalltongue:

geekintheground
2014-02-12, 08:56 PM
phantom stag will work, and "Reduce Animal" will make sure i can bring the fleshraker back with me