PDA

View Full Version : Artificer Build Advice

Invader
2014-02-12, 09:21 PM
I have a 4th level artificer I'm going to be playing sunday. My goal is to make him into a bit of a blastoficer although I'm not trying to do anything super crazy with him, I just wand to be fairly competent at making and using my wands and other goods for the party. Anyone have any advice for for what I have so far or see anything wrong with what I've already done?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=409370

Sir Pippin Boyd
2014-02-12, 09:29 PM
Your ability to craft items without knowing the required spell could be extremely beneficial if you have a wizard in your party, as you'll be able to craft scrolls of spells he doesn't know, and then let him scribe them into his spellbook.

Invader
2014-02-12, 10:02 PM
Your ability to craft items without knowing the required spell could be extremely beneficial if you have a wizard in your party, as you'll be able to craft scrolls of spells he doesn't know, and then let him scribe them into his spellbook.

Actually isn't this specifically not allowed?

Ansem
2014-02-13, 04:56 AM
Actually isn't this specifically not allowed?

Pretty much that, specifically states you cant do this, as Artificer scrolls are neither Arcane nor Divine, so they will need an UMD regardless although common houserule is that a Wizard can use such items without UMD if they know the spell the item/scroll uses. (this is RAI, RAW would require the UMD).