PDA

View Full Version : AoO feats

shylocke
2014-02-13, 03:26 AM
I'm looking for a feat that allows AoO when enemies miss an ally. I am using a reach weapon.

Garagos
2014-02-14, 09:58 AM
I don't know of a feat, but Devoted Defender's get to make an AoO against any enemy who attacks their "charge" in melee. Thats the closest I can find to what you want.

zephyrkinetic
2014-02-14, 10:07 AM
I can't seem to find one, but a quick googling of "3.5 attack of opportunity feats" turns up some nice comprehensive lists of other AoO feats.

And as always, you can Homebrew.

Artillery
2014-02-14, 10:09 AM
Crusader has a boost called Defensive Rebuke that is similar. Swift action to use it and it lasts for the round. Enemies you hit on your turn provoke AoO whenever they attack an ally, besides yourself. It also applies to each attack.

It pairs well with Robilar's gambit or Karmic Strike for getting off turn attacks when enemies go for you.

They don't need to miss your allies, just attack them to trigger it.

Garagos
2014-02-14, 10:17 AM
This is technically homebrew, although the idea was taken from 4E. The group I play with took the fighter's mark ability from 4E and turned it into a 3.5 feat with a few minor wording changes.

Combat Challenge

In combat, it is unwise for your foes to ignore your presence.

Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +1, Base Fortitude Save +2

Benefit: Every time you attack an enemy, whether the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark the target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While a target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls for any attack that doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. In addition, whenever a marked enemy that is adjacent to you takes a 5ft. step or makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target, you can make a melee attack of opportunity. You can only make one such attack of opportunity per round, regardless of how many attacks the enemy makes on another target.

shylocke
2014-02-14, 03:43 PM
This is technically homebrew, although the idea was taken from 4E. The group I play with took the fighter's mark ability from 4E and turned it into a 3.5 feat with a few minor wording changes.

Combat Challenge

In combat, it is unwise for your foes to ignore your presence.

Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +1, Base Fortitude Save +2

Benefit: Every time you attack an enemy, whether the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark the target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While a target is marked, it takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls for any attack that doesn't include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. In addition, whenever a marked enemy that is adjacent to you takes a 5ft. step or makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target, you can make a melee attack of opportunity. You can only make one such attack of opportunity per round, regardless of how many attacks the enemy makes on another target.

I have chosen to not acknowledge the existed if the blasphemy that is 4th. Me and my DM bought a couple of the books without checking them out first and now they are used to even out a table leg. Other than that, you got an interesting feat there.

Zetapup
2014-02-14, 05:24 PM
Wolfpack from Races of the Wild soooorta works. It's a bit more complex than "if enemy misses, you get an AoO", but it's close to what you're looking for.

There are a few other options that give you AoO against enemies depending on what they do: Riposte, Robilar's Gambit, Karmic Strike, Sidestep Charge, Hold the Line, and Defensive Sweep. The best combo is prolly something like Karmic Strike, Robilar's Gambit, Defensive Sweep, and Stand Still. They can try to move away, but will usually fail the reflex save for stand still to run away. They can attack you, but that'll let you attack because of Robilar's Gambit and Karmic Strike, plus you get another AoO against them if they don't move because of Defensive Sweep. If they don't do anything, you can still do a full attack against them.

I don't think there's any ability that lets you do exactly what you want, so you may want to talk to your dm about homebrewing one if you don't like any of these options.