PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna Fly!

Zalos93
2014-02-13, 10:17 AM
Basically I want to be able to sprout angel wings permanently, without a level mod, and preferably as close to a Level 1 as possible. How can I go about doing this?

Additionally, I'd like to avoid it involving Gnomes. I don't like Gnomes at all >.>

SPoilaaja
2014-02-13, 10:18 AM
+2 LA template Winged from savage species.

Segev
2014-02-13, 10:32 AM
Alter Self can assume winged forms. Find a winged humanoid race you like. That's as early as level 1 if you pick up Precocious Apprentice. Only lasts a relatively short while at that level, though.

You could easily ask to play a Lesser Aasimar with purely cosmetic wings, but obviously that wouldn't let you fly.

Dragonfire Adepts have "Draconic Wings" as a Lesser Invocation. These are neither "angel" wings nor available before level 6 or so, though.

Cog
2014-02-13, 10:33 AM
Raptorans, from Races of the Wild. No LA or anything, but they don't get proper flight until a few levels in.

Nirhael
2014-02-13, 10:34 AM
Unseelie Fey with the "birdlike" wings could work... though those are pretty darn broken and not all DMs will allow them.

Red Fel
2014-02-13, 10:51 AM
Yeah, specifically Angel Wings would be fairly limited. The Winged template is a fairly quick way to do it, as is Half-Celestial (LA +4). Unseelie Fey has no listed LA, and can give you "birdlike wings" as well.

Other options may include Half-Fey (butterfly wings, LA +2) or Dragonborn (dragon wings as one of three options, also qualifies you for dragon wing feats, LA +0).