PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Fist PRC and the qualifying to thereof.

Ethelesin
2014-02-13, 11:48 AM
Soo, the Sacred Fist, my latest hopeless endeavour, been working on "something" for an upcomming campaign i'll be playing in and i was wondering if there was a way to jam in all 10 levels before level 15th, since monk 4/cleric1 is obviously not gonna work no matter how i slice the piece. Any input in regards to getting around the requirements in five levels (especially bab+4) would be very much appreciated.

danzibr
2014-02-13, 11:54 AM
The BAB isn't a problem if you use fractional BAB and saves (which everyone should, IMO). For example, Monk 1/Cleric 3 would have 3 BAB, then take a level of something with full BAB.

Also, keep in mind Sacred Fist actually gets full casting, as text trumps table.

Ethelesin
2014-02-13, 11:57 AM
Mind giving me a crash course on fractional BaB? Math is like the bane of my existence, but really anything i can do to score myself a working monk/2/Cleric3(or archivist3 i suppose, yum yum flavour)/Sacred Fist10. Is a go right now.
"Edit"
Holy cripes, text trumps table as they say, and in this case, text just told table to go cry in a corner 10/10 casting, damn. Hadn't noticed that thanks.

Fax Celestis
2014-02-13, 12:00 PM
Mind giving me a crash course on fractional BaB? Math is like the bane of my existence, but really anything i can do to score myself a working monk/2/Cleric3(or archivist3 i suppose, yum yum flavour)/Sacred Fist10. Is a go right now.

Wizard BAB is +0.5/level, Cleric BAB is +0.75/level, Fighter BAB is +1/level. Add all the decimals together to determine your BAB, then ignore any remaining decimal until you level up. If you single class it is functionally identical to regular BAB progressions, but there's a noticeable difference if you do something like Rogue 1/Cleric 1/Monk 1/Bard 1.

Saves are the same way: a good save is 2 + 0.5/level, a bad save is +0.66/level. There's theoretically a medium save that no one uses in official books, but you can do 1 + 5/9ths/level to get a pretty good progression.

Ethelesin
2014-02-13, 12:10 PM
Sooo unless i am bashing my head against a wall. (And at this point thats very likely) five levels of +0.75 BaB gets happily rounded up to +4 and i can finally get on with the build itself, or am i shooting myself in the foot?

Zionara
2014-02-13, 01:08 PM
Sooo unless i am bashing my head against a wall. (And at this point thats very likely) five levels of +0.75 BaB gets happily rounded up to +4 and i can finally get on with the build itself, or am i shooting myself in the foot?

Nah, you dont Round the number you Truncate it. Meaning you only use the numbers before the comma. Truncate(3.75) = 3
If you then add a level of wizard, BAB(0.5) you get 4.25 truncated to 4. YAY!

danzibr
2014-02-13, 02:06 PM
Nah, you dont Round the number you Truncate it. Meaning you only use the numbers before the comma. Truncate(3.75) = 3
If you then add a level of wizard, BAB(0.5) you get 4.25 truncated to 4. YAY!
Right. 5 levels of 3/4 BAB is no good. You'd want 4 levels, and 1 level of full BAB.

Something like Monk 1/Cleric 3/Crusader 1 would be nice.

Ethelesin
2014-02-13, 03:21 PM
Messing around with it a bit, i was thinking of going something "silly" like Archivist1/Fighter2/Monk2/Sacred Fist 1 since we are supposed to start at level 6 anyways. Gotta get Know. Religion has a class skill for the fighter though then somehow... Hmh any takers for how to do that?

Zionara
2014-02-13, 03:46 PM
Why would you want that to be a class skill for the Fighter then ?
The Archivist already has all knowledge skills as class skills ?
You do know that ranks can never be higher than your HD right and you need 8 to become this Fist thing in any reference i have found for it.
Meaning +4 BAB is not your problem at all.

weckar
2014-02-13, 03:54 PM
It depends on your reading of class skills whether that matters or not. I never completely found a definite ruling on whether a class skill is a class skill for the character from then on, or only when taking a level in that class.

Amphetryon
2014-02-13, 04:24 PM
Why would you want that to be a class skill for the Fighter then ?
The Archivist already has all knowledge skills as class skills ?
You do know that ranks can never be higher than your HD right and you need 8 to become this Fist thing in any reference i have found for it.
Meaning +4 BAB is not your problem at all.

Say what, now? In 3.5, Class Skills cap at your Character Level +3. A 1st level Wizard can have 4 ranks in Concentration, for example.

Ethelesin
2014-02-13, 04:38 PM
@Zionara. I need it to be a class skill so that i dont waste skill points for cross-class ranks.

And as for class skills i've always read it as that whenever you take a level in a class those are your class skills, for that level for the purposes of determining what counts as a cross class skill.

And as for skill ranks, im pretty sure that its stone cold undisputeable RAW that your max ranks in a skill is always character level +3 for class skills and half that number for cross class, no matter the combination of classes. You could for example go fighter1/rogue1/monk1/barbarian1 and then take a level in wizard and proceed to dump all your skill points into spellcraft and max it out. (assuming you have the arbitrarily high amount of skill points required for this exercise)

Zionara
2014-02-13, 04:51 PM
Ahh, I fell into a DnD post, my bad.
They should have a seperate subforum for Pathfinder, DnD is so 80s man :)
Anyhows, take Archivist at the 5th level, boom 8 ranks.