PDA

View Full Version : Fractional BAB/Saves and Prestige Classes

Diarmuid
2014-02-13, 01:25 PM
Does the Fractional BAB/Saves rule change the bonuses gained when taking the first level of a Prestige Class?

I know if you take Fighter and then Rogue, you'll get the +2 fort at 1st level, but then at 2nd your Reflex will only get +1 from Rogue instead of +2 like normal multiclassing.

Just want to make sure if that applies to PrC also or not.

eggynack
2014-02-13, 01:38 PM
It applies to neither base classes, nor PrC's. Both would get the initial dipping bonus of +2.5.

Edit: Basically, if you're playing with a houserule such that it doesn't work in that manner, then you're playing with a houserule, and calling upon RAW forces will be of no help to you. You should probably ask your DM, if that's the casae.

Diarmuid
2014-02-13, 06:43 PM
Interesting. Guess when it was taught to me I assumed I was being taught RAW.

Though I do think it's odd that if you were to take a single level in 2 classes that have the same "Good" save that you'd end up with +5 base save at level 2.

eggynack
2014-02-13, 06:46 PM
Interesting. Guess when it was taught to me I assumed I was being taught RAW.

Though I do think it's odd that if you were to take a single level in 2 classes that have the same "Good" save that you'd end up with +5 base save at level 2.
It is what it is, I think. The nature of the rule is pretty clear if you reverse engineer the saves on the example characters. I tend to think it's a positive thing, as melee characters are more inclined towards multiclassing, and casters are more inclined towards not-that.