PDA

View Full Version : Shangai Tower tour

Trixie
2014-02-13, 06:50 PM
2 famous Russian urban explorers decided to take a sightseeing trip on ST.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLDYtH1RH-U) is their video relation from top of second highest building on Earth :smallcool:

Warning: heights guaranteed.

blunk
2014-02-13, 07:42 PM
Impressive! At the beginning I was thinking "they should've gone at night to see the Bund all lit up", but then I found out why they went during the day. :smallbiggrin:

erikun
2014-02-13, 08:11 PM
Nope, can't watch that.
I tried. Can't watch that.

Don't mind me. I'll be sitting in the nice, comfy corner with a blanket over my head. The nice, comfy, ground floor corner.

AdmiralCheez
2014-02-13, 08:20 PM
That's one heck of a view. I would love to see that in person, but I don't think I'm quite brave enough to climb a skyscraper construction crane with no safety equipment.

Winter_Wolf
2014-02-13, 11:58 PM
Eventually Shanghai (well everything on the seaward side of the Huangpu River at least) is going to become the Venice of Asia. Mark my words. They keep building up, but all of Pudong is mud, silt, and sand, and I know that they don't dig down far enough to hit bedrock when they do new construction.

Also damn. I remember when Jinmao Tower was the biggest thing in Shanghai. I feel for all the folks who had great views of the Bund from the Pudong side, until they starting having great views of the backs of giant skyscrapers.

Jimorian
2014-02-14, 06:13 AM
Also damn. I remember when Jinmao Tower was the biggest thing in Shanghai. I feel for all the folks who had great views of the Bund from the Pudong side, until they starting having great views of the backs of giant skyscrapers.

Yeah, I saw that and said to myself "wait, that building way down there, didn't that used to be one of the tallest buildings in the world?" :smalleek: