PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus/Town] The Ethereal Plane III

Fenric
2014-02-13, 07:55 PM
As you arrive from your recently departed life, your first impression is of a cold, dark mist. As you wander through the mists, your fingers searching for something, anything to grasp on to, you hear a sound...

Ukuleles?

Suddenly the mists part and you stand on a warm beach. There, awaiting your arrival are a bevy of Hula girls each holding a wide array of tequilas for your drinking pleasure. Despite their hands being full of tequila the strings on their ukuleles continues to strum and play a pleasant melody.

A warm breeze blows, maintaining the perfect temperature. You think to yourself, this must be heaven.

Welcome to the Afterlife.

Fenric
2014-02-13, 08:24 PM
Fenric sits up and blinks, then sighs.

I got killed in Trog's again?!

Aric Kale
2014-02-24, 10:24 PM
Oh, hey. Here's about 70 Athenian sailors, 10 Creten archers, and 12 hoplites. Of course, none of them are armed, but they are all alarmed, many of them had horrific deaths just now, so the group is in shock, and currently unaware of whatever beauty is around them.

Fenric
2014-02-24, 10:31 PM
Shock really doesn't last long on the ethereal plane - no organs and chemicals sloshing around to keep that sort of stuff going makes it really short lived.

Ethereal Tequila, on the other hand, is in good supply... and as written in The Book Of Trog, the hula girls wear no clothing above the waist in Town'sNexus's immediate afterlife waiting area.

Fenric grins over at the newcomers

Heya!

Aric Kale
2014-02-24, 11:12 PM
Well, that's certainly good news. The second bit especially so for the sailors and archers. The hoplites show more restraint, and the 12 of them wave back, one of them even addressing the fox-man. Sir, is this Elysium? And what manner of creature are you? The rest of the men are quickly getting drunk and involved in shenanigans.

Fenric
2014-02-26, 09:10 AM
Fenric chuckles

No, not quite that far. It's best to think of this as the waiting area of the afterlife. You will move on from here when you're ready: a messenger of your god will come, or you get resurrected back to the mortal realm, or you feel compelled to take the portal to wherever it is you're supposed to go.

Fenric indicates a swirling, multicolored portal.

I'm a Vulpan, some folks here call us "werefoxes" but I don't think that's really accurate. We are the creations of Inari, the Goddess of Rice, who you'd most likely call Demeter.

Recaiden
2014-02-26, 03:00 PM
There's a woman, Leah, sitting on a bar stool near the portal, watching the drunken celebrations.
"Hello. What killed you all?"

Though they don't really seem to care that they've died yet. How silly.

Fenric
2014-02-26, 03:48 PM
Fenric shakes his head

I got hit by a poisoned dart in Trog's

Mere moments later, a fox with softly glowing, snow-white fur arrives and begins to snuff around.

Ah, messenger! I'm over here.

The fox looks over at him

So you are, Fenric, and so you shall remain for the time being: I am not here for you. I am looking for a visitor to the temple in Town, who sadly was killed by the organization that you gave offense to.

Recaiden
2014-02-26, 04:00 PM
"That doesn't sound too bad."
Leah smiles slightly to Fenric, although she's never died, nor been poisoned, so what would she know?

There is a quiet clanking of metal, and another figure wanders out of the mists onto the beach. A taller woman, skin a pale almost-white, with light grey hair in a long braid, and long thin wings folded behind her. The sound comes from the chains that the Visitor is wrapped up in. Seven strands, forged in place around her wrists, ankles, base of her wings, and neck.
She looks around serenely. Dying is just like they remembered.

Fenric
2014-02-26, 04:09 PM
Fenric, on the other hand, has all of the spaces on his loyalty card stamped, now, and gets a free hula-girl bobble figure to take with him. He shakes his head

There are lots worse, yeah.

Then he looks miffed

I gave offense to some miserable acronym group?! I'm not used to that! The only people I'm used to doing that was KNAVES, and they've not been around in years!

Seeing The Visitor, the messenger ignores Fenric rather than answering. She pads over near to her, and sits down politely.

Excuse me, miss?

Recaiden
2014-02-26, 04:21 PM
"Yes?" She turns to look at the messenger fox, rattling the chains, which lead away from her, all trailing off into the mist.
How adorable it is! The Visitor brightens up immediately. "How can I help you?"

Aric Kale
2014-02-26, 04:28 PM
Never before have we heard of such a place, or people, for that matter. They say, perplexed. But Demeter is most certainly a name we know and respect. Greetings, friend of the gods. Yeah, the rest of the crew can be forgotten in their drunken state. They aren't even all that important...
Then another person appears. The Athenian spokesman replies for the group again. We were slaughtered by servants of the abyss which we had not confronted, or even been told of, before now. No doubt our bodies are burning in the wreckage of the trireme we sailed on.

Fenric
2014-02-26, 04:45 PM
[The Slain Visitor]

The messenger's tail wags a bit - all of the foxes are just the tiniest bit vain, after all... but she also looks just a touch embarrassed.

We are terribly sorry that you were killed during a visit to our temple, especially while trying to help apprehend that dreadful person.

If you wish, we would be more than happy to restore you.

[Greek Ship's Crew]

Fenric winces

That's dreadful.

Recaiden
2014-02-26, 06:11 PM
"It is terrible. None of you survived?"

[The Visitor]

She leans down to try to pet the messenger.

"Oh, it's little mind. It has happened before and I was just starting to revive a new self anyway. Shouldn't you look after him instead?" The visitor shakes her chains to show how she's still connected, and looks over at Fenric.

Aric Kale
2014-02-26, 06:22 PM
Greek Crew

They look around at each other Possibly one of our fellow hoplites... What of our Captain? He fell, but not in the same way as us...
It could be worse. The gods could've decided we committed terrible sins and sent us straight to the Fields of Punishment or the Plains of Asphodel. At least we were sent here immediately after a gruesome and meaningless death. They are being absurdly reasonable about the whole thing.
The spokesman, who shall now be referred to as Agathon, scratches the back of his neck, recalling something. I believe our foes called themselves vampires, though it's not a term I recognize.

Would they still have their armor and weapons, or would such things be irrelevant?

Fenric
2014-02-26, 07:16 PM
[The Visitor]

The messenger is pet! She wags her fluffy white tail a bit, then chuckles.

Fenric gets to wait for now - the other messengers are debating what best to do with him for allowing such things as this to go on at the temple, all because he was too proud to ask for help. And Myobi hasn't even found out about the trees, yet!

[Greek Crew]

It's reasonable enough to be reasonable, here: getting worked up requires hormones and organs and stuff...

Ooh. Vampires are sort of like vrykolakas that drink blood eagerly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrykolakas

(( equipment has always been a mix. Generic enough stuff usually comes along. Important magic items or highly recognizable stuff that would be "missed" generally doesn't ))

Recaiden
2014-02-26, 07:39 PM
[Greek Crew]

It could also be that dying hasn't really sunk in yet.
"And you were sailing? So you could say these blood-drinkers were...vampirates?"
Well, she doesn't know that the joke was made a long time ago. Leah grows serious again.
"Your captain would be one of them, then. I could try to find him."

[Visitor]

"Well, then I would accept being restored to life in your way. It would return me faster to the living world, and with less trouble for the rest of me. What happene-oh, they'd be broken in the explosion, wouldn't they?"
The Visitor smiles slightly. No one else has appeared here, so hopefully that means the guards and the other girl survived.
"Do you messengers have names? I am Atorre Tavlii. I heard sometimes you need names to guide people to and from life."

Fenric
2014-02-26, 08:32 PM
[The Visitor]

The messenger chuckles

Greetings, Atorre Tavlii.

The messengers you are most likely to deal with are Myobi and Myobu: the first two Vulpans Inari created - they look like Fenric over there, except their fur is all white now that they are messengers. You may eventually run into Liu, our ambassador to the Celestial Bureaucracy and officially the Minister of Rice. He is a human.

My mate and I were born and lived as foxes. We provided genetic material for Myobi and several others, so in a sense I am her mother. There is another pair like us from whom Myobu was created. After our natural lives were done, Inari made us messengers as well... but without a muzzle it is difficult to pronounce our names and most humanoid creatures can't even hear all of the sounds. I am <sqrrrreakYiprrr>, my mate is <YrrrrskeeeIp>

As far as bringing you back, your name is important if we do not know you, or do not have another way to identify you. Your body is sitting in a bag in the sanctuary of the temple, so there is no difficulty there. And now I have the scent of your soul: even if naming magic were used to alter your name, I could still find you. I shall go tell my daughter that you are willing to be restored

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 08:54 PM
An abundance of Aurum Eyrecrads that keeps rapidly increasing keep appearing.
...What the ****?
Where am I?
Are you guys seeing this too, or am I insane?
Aurum3 points to the others
WOO! BEER!
...Really? Come on, man!

Fenric
2014-02-26, 09:04 PM
[Aurum Eyrecrads]

Fenric looks over

A what who now?

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 09:10 PM
[Aurum Eyrecrads]

Fenric looks over

A what who now?

Oh hi person!
Names Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum Name's Aurum
They all say in unison

Fenric
2014-02-26, 09:15 PM
[People named Gold]

Fenric hmms

Hi, Aurums. I'm Fenric, and this is the famed "Border Ethereal", TownNexus style.

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 09:17 PM
[People named Gold]

Fenric hmms

Hi, Aurums. I'm Fenric, and this is the famed "Border Ethereal", TownNexus style.

An abundance of gold!

I'm the original one. Someone keeps farming me.
AurumClassic replies.

Fenric
2014-02-26, 09:22 PM
[Oh no! Farming Gold!]

Fenric tilts his head

Well... umm... sorry. Maybe you can convince the duplicates to head into the portal for ... reassignment.

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 09:26 PM
[Oh no! Farming Gold!]

Fenric tilts his head

Well... umm... sorry. Maybe you can convince the duplicates to head into the portal for ... reassignment.

Hm? What do you mean by that?
Yeah man!

Fenric
2014-02-26, 09:32 PM
[Garbage Collection]

Fenric shrugs

You go on to wherever it is you are supposed to go. I don't know where you're from or what you believe in, so it makes it hard for me to say. I have a feeling you're on a short-cycle reassignment... re-incarnation, if you wish to call it that.

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 09:40 PM
[Garbage Collection]

Fenric shrugs

You go on to wherever it is you are supposed to go. I don't know where you're from or what you believe in, so it makes it hard for me to say. I have a feeling you're on a short-cycle reassignment... re-incarnation, if you wish to call it that.

One man's trash is another one's treasure. :smallamused:

ohhhhh. everyone out!
The clones go and enter to turn into various random animals!
Aurum then puts up a sign saying

ALL AURUM CLONES ENTER PORTAL

Fenric
2014-02-26, 09:52 PM
[System.GC();]

Fenric shakes his head, then looks at the original Aurum

So... um... where were you from?

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 09:58 PM
[System.GC();]

Fenric shakes his head, then looks at the original Aurum

So... um... where were you from?

Aurum Eyrecrad, member of the Eyrecrad clan. Homeland's destroyed, but I'm from riverside

Recaiden
2014-02-26, 10:00 PM
[The Visitor]

Tavlii laughs softly. "Thanks. I meant you though I won't try to pronounce your name. Go ahead. I'll wait." Tavlii bows to the messenger of the unpronunciable fox name.

Fenric
2014-02-26, 10:11 PM
[The Visitor]

The messenger nods and vanishes in a flash of light.

[Aurum]

Fenrich sighs and shakes his head

I hadn't managed to visit most of the newer places in the Nexus. I guess my old Town became part of a city now called "Inside", and I went to a new year's party but it wasn't very interesting. What's Riverside like?

My home world is still there, and we don't have much trouble contacting them but I don't really have any place there anymore.

Arkhosia
2014-02-26, 10:15 PM
[The Visitor]

The messenger nods and vanishes in a flash of light.

[Aurum]

Fenrich sighs and shakes his head

I hadn't managed to visit most of the newer places in the Nexus. I guess my old Town became part of a city now called "Inside", and I went to a new year's party but it wasn't very interesting. What's Riverside like?

My home world is still there, and we don't have much trouble contacting them but I don't really have any place there anymore.

Aurum gives an accurate description!
Ah.
He says awkwardly.

Aric Kale
2014-02-26, 10:26 PM
Crew of the Goodship Deadship

The hoplites deadpan at the joke, not appreciating the humor. However, at the mention of the Grecian terror, understanding dawns on their faces. Now they understood what they had dealt with, to some degree. Agathon gratefully accepts Leah's offer, describing the ship they fought against, its captain, and what their own Captain Dekaros looked like. )(All or most of which is in the Seaside thread)(

Duck999
2014-02-27, 07:29 AM
Crew of the Goodship Deadship (Allies into death)

A single Virate appears. The Virate sees his now dead allies, and dashes over. (This is not any named Virate yet, just one that died somehow.)
Allies! I have found you again! What is this place?

Fenric
2014-02-27, 10:47 AM
[Aurum]

Fenric shrugs

It's no big deal, my time there was done.

Recaiden
2014-02-27, 11:25 AM
[Crew]

Leah nods and listens carefully to Agathon's information.
"I will try to send him on after you."
With that, she flickers like a candle-light and vanishes.

Aric Kale
2014-02-27, 02:14 PM
Crew

Thank you, how ever can we repay you?
Aye, you are doing us a great service. We are forever in your debt.

[Quest Update!] Kill Captain Dekaros. Rewards: Ability to summon The Captain, 12 Hoplites, and 10 Cretan archers.

Well, nothing to do for these guys but wait. They had no special gear, but at the same time, weapons seem slightly superfluous...so I'll say they'll keep their clothes and armor, and regain their weapons whenever summoned/resurrected.

Duck999
2014-02-27, 03:04 PM
Crew of the Goodship Deadship (Allies into death)

A single Virate appears. The Virate sees his now dead allies, and dashes over. (This is not any named Virate yet, just one that died somehow.)
Allies! I have found you again! What is this place?

Seeing that he was not heard, the Virate coughs a little trying to get attention. Hello, friends. Says the single Virate.

Fenric
2014-02-28, 09:27 AM
Fenric tries to get a refill of his drink with something other than tequila, but that's all there is.

Kinda tired of cactus-juice to be honest. I wonder if that's how you end up forced to go through the portal... desperation for something other than fermented agave juice...

Aric Kale
2014-03-06, 01:32 PM
Agathon replies to the Virate, while a different hoplite keeps Fenric company. The rest spread out to survey the land.
My friend and ally, what brings you to this place? Please, drink. He offers a glass of tequila to the man, a smile on his face.
Well Fenric, I suppose after enough time, I may feel similarly, but for now, I have not tasted this drink before. It is interesting, to say the least. He says, knocking back a shot. (I don't drink, I'm not sure how you're supposed to take tequila outside of a margarita)

Duck999
2014-03-06, 02:17 PM
The virate takes a long, hearty drink. One second we were by your side, the next we were not. It was a large surprise for use, and we saw a storm coming. Oh the storm! It was horrible. From what I can see, though, I am the only one who died. That is good.

Fenric
2014-03-08, 10:06 AM
(( Shots if its cheap crap and you're trying to get drunk. A snifter just like brandy or good scotch if it is high quality. Margaritas and a few other mixed drinks otherwise. ))

Fenric nods

It's always nicer if something is new. I'm just a little surprised they haven't called me back, yet...

Aric Kale
2014-03-08, 11:41 PM
Well, I doubt heaven has cheap tequila, so taking shots isn't likely. Shows what I know.
The Hoplite watches the virate drink with a glint of admiration in his eyes. That is indeed mixed news. I do not know how I would feel, knowing I was dead and separated from my comrades, but reassured that I was the only one who met such an end. Our ship was turn asunder, and in a final effort, the captain lit the ship on fire. Not that it did any good.

Indeed it is. My fox friend, I'm sure you will be sent for soon. How many times have you been here?

On the bright side. Dekaros is here. Though he's remaining quiet, slightly ashamed of losing the ship and crew to a bunch of demons.

Arkhosia
2014-03-08, 11:47 PM
A bunch of assorted sailors appear!
Sup?
Well, that sucked.
Pun intended?

Hattish Thing
2014-03-09, 02:07 AM
Cold. So.... Cold...

The last thing he remembered was the vision of a large gate before him... gold, ivory, and silver... magnificent in it's splendor. He recalled reaching out for it, wanting nothing more than to enter and have the pain disappear. His strength had failed him, and his arm fell limp and broken a mere foot away form the door. Then his eyes grew so heavy... and everything went black and cold.

For a long while there was nothing. Just a constant dull gray mist. Surrounding him, enveloping him, obscuring his vision. No form, no shape, no thought... Just dull existence. Doldrums... However, then everything changed. He had found a path in the mist, thin and long, stretching for miles ahead. He followed it for what seemed like ages upon ages...

Time passed. He was forgotten. Life moved forward.

Then, finally... after what he perceived after an eternity of travelling... He arrived. He entered the area, and as he did the mist cleared away, and he looked down and view his hands.... He hadn't seen himself in forever. He'd forgotten what a hand even looked like. What it was for. What his nails were. All had been utterly alien to him at first. He had collapsed and lied upon the floor, slowly learning how to walk again. He could speak, though his voice was hoarse from disuse.

The figure strides through the area now, looking confused and dazzled by the strange and unfamiliar stimuli around him.

He was a particularly strange ghost. He was dressed in what looked like a beautiful if faded magenta coat, with a sparkling silver vest beneath. His white pants and bowtie were once shiny... but now have dulled over time. What's strangest about this particular apparition would be the intense physical scars and deformities on his skin. His right hand looks horrid... once there was a gauntlet bolted and wired into his skin, but now there's nothing there, leaving his hand a broken and scarred thing... The left side of his face was once covered in a metal plate, the wires having reached deep into his brain, keeping him alive. Now his face is a horribly burnt and scarred husk at the left side.... It's horrifying.

He seems to radiate an aura of frost, and an icy cold wind hovers about him. Where.... where am I... What is this...

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s440/Singingnoodle/MartynsGhost.png

Duck999
2014-03-09, 09:22 AM
Well, I doubt heaven has cheap tequila, so taking shots isn't likely. Shows what I know.
The Hoplite watches the virate drink with a glint of admiration in his eyes. That is indeed mixed news. I do not know how I would feel, knowing I was dead and separated from my comrades, but reassured that I was the only one who met such an end. Our ship was turn asunder, and in a final effort, the captain lit the ship on fire. Not that it did any good.

The virate nods. Think of it this way. If you were to find yourself dead, you may find comfort in your comrades being with you. If you were to find yourself dead, and your comrades weren't with you, you would think you would be lonely. Instead, it would make you happy, knowing that your friends are continuing without you. You don't know the feeling unless it happens. ((I was so tempted to have another virate appear at this point, and have the one that was already there swear, but I have no good reason another would die.

Recaiden
2014-03-09, 11:12 AM
On the bright side. Dekaros is here. Though he's remaining quiet, slightly ashamed of losing the ship and crew to a bunch of demons.

Leah reappears, just quietly not there one moment, and present the next, shaking her head.
"I'm sorry. Dekaros was able to free himself, and I only defeated the crew, not their captain and her companion. I've given your body a place to rest, captain, and a pair of coins for the ferryman. Never seen a ferryman here, but it's what I've heard to do."
At least the crew is all together in death. Small comforts.

She turns to the icy, disfigured man, and then turns away.
"You're dead. This is a stopping place before you go to your final destination."

Hattish Thing
2014-03-09, 01:20 PM
He looks about at Leah, utterly confused. It's been so long for him... He couldn't remember how he got here, who he was, how he died. Everything was just a blur of colors, screams, and a feeling of dread. That was all he got when he attempted to remember what had happened before the gate... before the mist... before this place. There was nothing. All was lost to him. Wait, what? How? I... I don't know... what happened. How did I....

Again?

I have to do this again?

Where's the fog...

I don't...

He looks so utterly confused. He couldn't comprehend anything.

Recaiden
2014-03-09, 01:33 PM
"I think you might be a ghost. Someone who has something in the mortal world holding them back."
Leah holds out a coconut with a straw poking out.
"But you have time to figure that out. Here, have a drink. These people are all recently deceased, waiting to be called back or for their stories to complete. I'm working as a sort of agent for the dead, get any last requests done or final messages through. And the ukelele players are just constructs or illusions or something."
Still looking away; other people may not bring their bodies here, but his manifestation is still hideous.

Hattish Thing
2014-03-09, 01:40 PM
"I think you might be a ghost. Someone who has something in the mortal world holding them back."
Leah holds out a coconut with a straw poking out.
"But you have time to figure that out. Here, have a drink. These people are all recently deceased, waiting to be called back or for their stories to complete. I'm working as a sort of agent for the dead, get any last requests done or final messages through. And the ukelele players are just constructs or illusions or something."
Still looking away; other people may not bring their bodies here, but his manifestation is still hideous.

He groans and continues to speak. I don't understand.... What did I do to deserve this? Why... Why did I leave something behind? I.... I can't remember anything... Is that normal? He accepts the coconut, his scarred and mutilated left hand getting some sort of reddish smear across the coconut. It appears he's cursed with the hideous wounds to be ever-fresh. Gruesome. He doesn't feel the pain of course, but it's quite messy. Thank you... You're s-so sweet. Agh, So sweet. Sorry. Bad habit.

And agent for the dead? You're a helper! You... You're a good person. How.... how long has this place existed?

Aric Kale
2014-03-09, 02:19 PM
That does make sense. I am glad that you are content, and you may have fellowship amongst my Athenian brethren, of course. He offers, drinking more tequila in a vain effort to keep pace.

So that's what you were doing. I'm sorry I didn't coordinate my attack better, and I thank you for respecting the customs of my people. We are forever in your debt. Call upon us should you require aid in return. You won't be disappointed. He bows low to Leah, deeply grateful. When the hoplites he served with see him, they crowd around, laughing and crying. Obviously, he was well loved and missed by his men.

Fenric
2014-03-09, 03:15 PM
Indeed it is. My fox friend, I'm sure you will be sent for soon. How many times have you been here?

Fenric looks thoughtful

Um... this has got to be twelve... the Nexus is a rough place. But hey: Persephone goes to the underworld each year, right?

Yeah... he knows it's not quite the same thing.

LOTRfan
2014-03-09, 04:32 PM
[The Plague Doctor]

Pain. That was all that could be felt at first. It was searing, especially among the extremities, groin, and neck. One of the last things that the man remembered was the sight of great black pus oozing forth from the cracks of his feverish skin. Oh, how could the gods be so cruel? As he lay dying, he was frightened; he couldn't become one of them. He was better than that. No one deserved that.

It seems he has been spared, though, for the pain did not last long. Though no one would be able to tell what his expression was under his brown leather bird mask, he smiles as waves of relief flow over him. He is not part of the legion of the Dead. He's escaped! Perhaps there is mercy in this world, after all. The tall figure looks around, his cape moving slightly in the mist as he turns. He's escaped a fate worse than death, but.... where is he, exactly?

Duck999
2014-03-09, 07:45 PM
The virate nods. Do you know any of what happened to your ship?

Recaiden
2014-03-09, 09:35 PM
"You're welcome. It's just what should have been done."
Leah bows to Dekaros, and lets him be with his crew.

"Something in your life. I don't know myself. It's not normal; even most ghost remember who they are. This place has existed longer than I have. That's all I can say."

Arkhosia
2014-03-09, 10:57 PM
"You're welcome. It's just what should have been done."
Leah bows to Dekaros, and lets him be with his crew.

"Something in your life. I don't know myself. It's not normal; even most ghost remember who they are. This place has existed longer than I have. That's all I can say."

Hi miss!
Hey look, it's that crewmember ego was scared of bears!

Hattish Thing
2014-03-10, 01:22 AM

The spectre takes a small sip out of the ethereal coconut, enjoying being able to taste something. At least he thinks he was tasting something. It was good! At least he thought it was. It could be a horrible tasting thing but he wouldn't know it. It'd been so long since he'd tasted or sensed anything really... Ah... Well... Thank you for your time, Miss. Am... Am I to just stay here? Are we allowed to visit the earth? I must look for what's tying me down... I want to leave...

Aric Kale
2014-03-10, 12:48 PM
The ship went down in flames. Only one of number survived, it seems. He responds, sipping his drink.

Agathon winces in sympathy, Ah, you've lived quite the ife, haven't you? Is this world so cruel? Then he chuckles. Yes, to be trapped with a husband she didn't love, to bring the cold seasons upon us Greeks.

Dekaros is made to sit and drink, while telling what happened for the few hours/days they were separated.

Recaiden
2014-03-10, 02:16 PM
"You could go if you can find your own way there. But before you do anything rash, I'd try passing through that portal, there, at the edge of the beach."
Leah points to it, although what exactly would happen to Marty going through it, you should ask Fenric about.

Duck999
2014-03-10, 04:38 PM
You mean one of you survived? The virate has no more drink, having finished it in a matter of seconds.

Hattish Thing
2014-03-11, 12:29 AM
"You could go if you can find your own way there. But before you do anything rash, I'd try passing through that portal, there, at the edge of the beach."
Leah points to it, although what exactly would happen to Marty going through it, you should ask Fenric about.

((It's MartyN, gah Recaiden. :smalltongue: Ahaha.))

He looks over to the portal all the way over there and decides perhaps it'd be a good idea to just hang around this area for a bit before attempting to go through the afterworld portal nonsense. As strange as this place was, it was certainly preferable to the constant mist. Thank you for your help, miss.

Now the spectre moves over Dekaros, slowly listening in on the conversation. He's just so utterly confused... maybe taking his mind off of his situation and thinking upon another's would help.

Recaiden
2014-03-12, 12:50 PM
Hi miss!
Hey look, it's that crewmember ego was scared of bears!

"Hey...what happened to you?"
It wasn't the bear eating him, was it? That thing doesn't even need to eat.

Arkhosia
2014-03-13, 08:41 PM
"Hey...what happened to you?"
It wasn't the bear eating him, was it? That thing doesn't even need to eat.

A crazy vampire hunter who was also a vampire attacked the ship with sunlight grenades after running off with our captain, Aerith, captured.
He replies.
It sucked. Like, major level vacuum cleaner level sucked.

Recaiden
2014-03-15, 12:33 PM
"Huh. Look how things work themselves out. I suggest you try the portal there, bloodrinker. Get you where you need to go."

Arkhosia
2014-03-15, 12:35 PM
"Huh. Look how things work themselves out. I suggest you try the portal there, bloodrinker. Get you where you need to go."

What do you mean by that?
He asks, cocking his head.

Recaiden
2014-03-15, 12:38 PM
"Well, if I were you, I wouldn't wait to be collected."
Leah smiles grimly at the vampire.

Arkhosia
2014-03-15, 12:40 PM
"Well, if I were you, I wouldn't wait to be collected."
Leah smiles grimly at the vampire.

...collected?
Ben (I think it was his name) looks confused.

Recaiden
2014-03-15, 01:05 PM
"You're dead. For good this time. What do you think is going to happen to you?"
He needs to come to his own conclusions.

Arkhosia
2014-03-15, 01:14 PM
"You're dead. For good this time. What do you think is going to happen to you?"
He needs to come to his own conclusions.

Ohhhhhh. Got it. God collects my soul.
He replies.
pleasure meeting you miss.
He then leaves!

Recaiden
2014-03-15, 01:18 PM
Leah nods. Huh. That one was so cheerful about it. But then, he was pretty honest. Maybe she can play up the horrors of nonexistence to the next one.

Fenric
2014-03-17, 09:11 AM
Fenric finds the spirit of the departed gardner

Well hullo, Mr. Fenric, sir.

Uh... James? What are you doing here?

Begging your pardon, sir: it seems I shook hands with death

Eh... isn't that a poem?

I don't know about that, sir, but this was a young woman with some deadly aura or other. Killed me stone dead.

Oh! Well, I'm sure they'll bring you back soon.

Thanks, but no: I'll be heading on to Myobi's garden from here. I'm five hundred eighty three, sir, and I'm not keen on going back to my tired old body.

Oh...

Recaiden
2014-05-30, 07:28 PM
Leah walks up to Fenric. Well, glides, mostly; she doesn't bother with gravity around here.
"You seem a bit lost, Mr. Fenric. Is there something you're waiting on?"
It's a bit troubling that he's still here after all the time she's been away. He's not getting raised, and he's not a ghost, so what's wrong?

Fenric
2014-05-30, 07:35 PM
Fenric sighs

No, I'm not. Actually... I did get a message: it's time for me to go.

he chuckles

Six hundred fifty years is the usual maximum lifespan for my kind... six hundred even is a lot more common... and I'm six hundred fourty eight, now. They say it's time for me to let the next generation have a turn. Also...

He holds up a scroll, written in a strong even hand. At the end, in larger letters than the rest, is written: Will you please come home already? I miss you. You can almost hear Myobi's voice in the lettering.

I guess... she really did find her soul mate after all. I just missed that it was me...

Recaiden
2014-05-30, 07:43 PM
Leah's eyes widen. Six hundred years, and more? That's more time than she can handle. Sure, she can speak about it in her stories, but it's measured there in ages and generations. For one person to see all of that... She just nods, overwhelmed.

"You've lived a lot, you know. And she'll be glad to have you back on the other side. Think of her, then, when you're going."
Poor Myobi, waiting all this time. Or...Fenric isn't reluctant to go, after reading that, is he?

"Is there any business you have in the mortal world, that I can close for you?"
She doesn't want to dwell on the soulmate thing. Not imagine waiting that long for someone.

Fenric
2014-05-30, 07:47 PM
Fenric nods

If you could tell Caroline to hurry up and send Edouard home, there's someone waiting at the other end of the portal who will help. Then there won't have to be a Messenger sent.

Recaiden
2014-05-30, 07:51 PM
"Just practical stuff? Sure thing, Fenric. Good luck."
She lingers a few moments, in case he has something else to say, and then phases back to reality.

Fenric
2014-05-30, 07:54 PM
Fenric smiles gently

The people who would like less practical pratter are waiting on the other side of the portal already.

And with that, he quietly walks out of this world.