PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about this build (Eldritch Theurge)?

pso_zeldaphreak
2014-02-13, 08:04 PM
Sorcerer 1/Warlock 4/Mindbender 1/Eldritch Theurge 3/Abjurant Champion 1/Eldritch Theurge 4-10/Hellfire Warlock 3

Mostly I want to blast things and strap aoe/debuff spells onto it, and I think this is the way to go. Precocious Spellcaster was approved for early entry (mostly because ET is far weaker than Eldritch Disciple or other dual-progression PrC's), and I'll probably take Practiced Spellcaster twice (Sorc and Warlock).

The character is starting at level 10, and is human (probably). The rest of the party consists of a twin-shield wielding dwarf crusader, and a sneak attack rogue/ranger/shadowdancer.

Do you guys have any advice for invocation/spell selection? Items? Any advice or tips at all are great :)

nedz
2014-02-13, 10:36 PM
You can't take Practiced Spellcaster on Warlock, or at least it's a houserule if you do.
As for Spellblast, well the usual AoEs: Glitterdust, Web, etc.

weckar
2014-02-13, 10:42 PM
I think you may still be quite underpowered, being more than half your level behind in spells. It'll get better as you level up, but that'll take time and could be a drag...

(Un)Inspired
2014-02-13, 11:01 PM
If you want to play a blaster (you probably wont have as much fun as you would if you played an effective caster) you should try a mailman build or maybe a rainbow servant warmage.

pso_zeldaphreak
2014-02-13, 11:16 PM
You can't take Practiced Spellcaster on Warlock, or at least it's a houserule if you do.
As for Spellblast, well the usual AoEs: Glitterdust, Web, etc.

My DM was using this as a reasoning: http://community.wizards.com/.../previous.../threads/975156

And having not played a caster, I don't know the "usual" AoE's.

I think you may still be quite underpowered, being more than half your level behind in spells. It'll get better as you level up, but that'll take time and could be a drag...

Focusing on Warlock, and I feel like I'll be about the same level as the other 2 in the party.