PDA

View Full Version : Tripping people on an ice slick?

gawwy
2014-02-13, 10:17 PM
Hey guys.

im currently running a sneak cleric gish and geting awesome milage out of ice slick. basically I use ice slick to make them flat footed and the sneak attck them till they die.

is there any way either me or my team mates can use ice slick to gain a bonus to trip opponents on the ice. or can i stack things like grease with ice slick to make it impossible for creatures to stand properly?

basically im asking if there are any sweet tricks to use with ice slick other than making things flatfooted

Omegas
2014-02-13, 10:19 PM
Provided the foe is effected and your are not then usually the DM should offer circumstantial bonuses.

Effectively it should stack. I am not familar with Ice slick but if it deprives the character of their dex bonus then it reduces their reflex save. It depends on if they are deemed flat footed or deprived of their dex bonus. Flat footed only applies to AC, but some deprive effects apply to all dex based checks.

gawwy
2014-02-13, 10:28 PM
huh..
travel devotion and improved trip

sneak attack

ice slick

cloud of blades

cast iceslick

slide to enemy, trip, free sneak attack, slide out, sneak attack from cloud of blades.

hmmm staggering strike in there somewhere?

weckar
2014-02-13, 10:31 PM
Just wondering, how are you avoiding the detrimental effects of the ice slick yourself?

gawwy
2014-02-13, 10:34 PM
mostly by having ranks in balance.

not sure if that alone is enough but i get freedom of movement as a domain spell later.

is there anything i can do to completely avoid it?

weckar
2014-02-13, 10:37 PM
You could hover?

gawwy
2014-02-13, 11:02 PM
oh i could fly and do this

weckar
2014-02-13, 11:04 PM
Of course, make sure this isn't your only trick. Because if you can avoid it, so can they.

nedz
2014-02-13, 11:09 PM
Cast Snowshoes, Ice Skate or Water Walking.
Obviously you could fly too.