PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Replacemant bonus feat

Yomega
2014-02-14, 04:44 AM
In a game I play in we have a necromancer and the GM decided that his undead will go on his initiative so the skeletons bonus feat of Improved Initiative is wasted so the GM asked the group to figure out a good replacement feat.

The current consensus is Toughness but I feel that isnt really representative of skeletons so Im wondering what you all think would be a good feat for skeletons to receive instead.

Khosan
2014-02-14, 05:12 AM
Skill Focus(Perform) for all your spontaneous Thriller needs.

Seriously though, this might be one of the few occasions for a Teamwork feat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/teamwork-feats). He's in control of all of them and he presumably has a handful, so it's not entirely out of the question. I just don't have any particular recommendations for them.

Yomega
2014-02-14, 05:15 AM
That could work didnt think of it at the time tho, this is going to replace the bonus feat for ALL skeletons in the world, if they would normally get Improved Initiative now they get this.

Roog
2014-02-14, 05:16 AM
Dodge? (10 char)

Yomega
2014-02-14, 05:19 AM
Less body to hit = dodge bonus? Ya I can see that. Any other suggestions?

TuggyNE
2014-02-14, 06:06 AM
Less body to hit = dodge bonus? Ya I can see that. Any other suggestions?

Lightning Reflexes.

Naanomi
2014-02-14, 08:17 AM
Exchange one form of 'being fast' for another so... Dodge, Lightning Reflexes, Dash...

Artillery
2014-02-14, 10:02 AM
If you want one that will reduce table work, how about Measured Response?

Whenever the skeletons do damage you can just take average damage instead. Its a choice so you could still roll it if you need it.

If its a lot of minions, just doing set damage speeds things up nicely.

grarrrg
2014-02-14, 10:34 AM
Skill Focus(Perform) for all your spontaneous Thriller needs.

That's zombies, not skeletons.

If you want one that will reduce table work, how about Measured Response?

Whenever the skeletons do damage you can just take average damage instead. Its a choice so you could still roll it if you need it.

If its a lot of minions, just doing set damage speeds things up nicely.

Eh, that's more of a "just houserule it" type of thing, as there is no real 'gain'.

Adding a suggestion: Shake It Off teamwork feat, +1 to All Saves per adjacent ally (max +4).

Lord Vukodlak
2014-02-14, 11:17 AM
In a way the ruling makes sense for most situations, the skeletons are mindless and thus need to be commanded. No matter how high there initiative they can't act until commanded.

However they could be NOT flat-footed even if they're forced to delay until given commands.

Yomega
2014-02-14, 04:26 PM
We already do average damage for his non speacial mobs. I realy like that shake it off feat will need to reflavor it a little bit (wont be hard negative energy and the like) but I will submit the other sugestions as well to the GM thanks alot everyone.