PDA

View Full Version : The Urine Elemental (3.5 monster) [PEACH]

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-14, 08:35 AM
This is meant to be a companion to my Dungbeast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14073288#post14073288)

Urine Elemental
Urine Elemental
Huge Elemental (Water, Extraplanar)
HD: 12d8 + 72 (128hp)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares); Swim 120 ft.
Init: +10
AC: 25(+6 dex, -2 size, +6 nat, +5 deflection ) touch 19; flat-footed 19
BAB;Grappple: +9;+20
Attack: Slam +12 Melee (2d10+3 + 2d4+6 acid + urine poison and/or urine degradation (crit 19-20/x2))
Full-Attack: 2 Slam +12 Melee (2d10+3 2d4+6 acid + urine poison and/or urine degradation (crit 19-20/x2))
Space;Reach: 15 ft.;15 ft.
Special Attacks: Death throes, Water mastery, drench, vortex, urine poison, urine degradation, Acidic touch, I Wouldn’t Drink From There If I Were You., What Is That Smell?
Special Qualities: Contaminating, Damage reduction 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits, Immunity to Acid, Allergic to Clean,
Saves: Fort +14 Ref +10 Will +8
Abilities: Str 16(+3), Dex 22(+6), Con 22(+6), Int 10(+0), Wis 11(+0), Cha 11(+0)
Skills: Listen +15 spot +15
Feats: Improved Initiative, ability focus (urine poison, urine degradation), power attack
Environment:
Organization: Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure:none
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement: by TYPE;
Favored Class:
Level Adjustment: +X

Combat

Allergic to Clean (Ex) Any spell, ability, power, or item that is capable of purifying or cleansing water(purify food and drink, create holy water, etc) causes the urine elemental to be stunned for one round. Additionally the urine elemental takes double damage from holy water and any sacred water source.

What Is That Smell? (Ex): Any metal, stone, or wood object inside the Urine Elemental's 40-foot aura must make a Fortitude save starting at DC 22 -1 for every 5 feet away from the center of the aura, or be affected by Urine Degredation. The save is Constitution-based.

I Wouldn’t Drink From That If I Were You. (Ex)
Any creature that makes a successful bite attack against a Urine Elemental is instantly affected by Urine poison or Urine degradation, and acidic touch, and must make a Fortitude save (DC 22) or fall prone and be considered helpless and nauseated for 2d10 rounds. The save is Constitution-based.

Acidic touch (Ex)
When a creature comes in contact with the Urine Elemental’s liquid body it takes 2d4 +6 acid damage.

Contaminating (Ex)
A urine elemental contaminates all water in a 40-foot radius. Living creatures exposed to the contaminated water are sickened for 1d4 hours per round of exposure unless they succeed at Fortitude save (DC 19). The save is Strength-based.

Death Throes (Ex)
When a Urine Elemental dies, it explodes dealing 3d4 points of damage to everything in a 40-foot radius. Anything dealt damage by this must make a Fortitude save (DC 22) or be nauseated and be affected by Urine poison and/or Urine degradation. The save is constitution-based.

Urine Poison (Ex)
When a Urine Elemental makes a successful attack against a living creature, that creature must make a Fortitude save (DC 24) or be nauseated and take 1d3 points of constitution and charisma damage The save is constitution-based. This effect is countered by neutralize poison.

Urine Degradation(Ex)
When a urine elemental’s liquid body touches a metal, stone, or wooden object, that object must make a Reflex save (DC 24) or be degraded (wooden objects are disintegrated instead) The wielder of a degraded object takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and weapon damage rolls while wielding the degraded object. This effect stacks with other degraded objects. The save is Constitution-based. This effect is countered by neutralize poison.

Water Mastery (Ex)
A Urine elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water. If the opponent or the elemental is touching the ground, the elemental takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls. (These modifiers are not included in the statistics block.)
A water elemental can be a serious threat to a ship that crosses its path. An elemental can easily overturn small craft (5 feet of length per Hit Die of the elemental) and stop larger vessels (10 feet long per HD). Even large ships (20 feet long per HD) can be slowed to half speed.

Drench (Ex)
The elemental’s touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of nonmagical origin if these are of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).

Vortex (Su)
The elemental can transform itself into a whirlpool once every 10 minutes, provided it is in contaminated water, and remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD it has. In vortex form, the elemental can move through the water or along the bottom at its swim speed. The vortex is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 30 feet wide at the top, and 10 - 50 feet tall. The elemental controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet.
The elemental’s movement while in vortex form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the vortex if it touches or enters the vortex, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space.
Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental might take damage when caught in the vortex (see table for details) and may be swept up by it. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save when it comes into contact with the vortex or take the indicated damage. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful currents, automatically taking damage each round. An affected creature is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the vortex. The creature still takes damage, but can leave if the save is successful. The DC for saves against the vortex’s effects varies with the elemental’s size. The save DC is Strength-based.
Creatures trapped in the vortex cannot move except to go where the elemental carries them or to escape the whirlwind. Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must make a Concentration check (DC 10 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls. The elemental can have only as many creatures trapped inside the vortex at one time as will fit inside the vortex’s volume.
The elemental can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the vortex happens to be. A summoned elemental always ejects trapped creatures before returning to its home plane.
If the vortex’s base touches the bottom, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the vortex’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.
Those caught in the cloud must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.
An elemental in vortex form cannot make slam attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

Skills
A Urine elemental has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Amechra
2014-02-14, 01:19 PM
To be honest, I think this would be better as a template that applied to any Water Elemental.

Imagine... Urine Weirds! Prophecy through potty humor!

1whoscribbled
2014-02-14, 11:47 PM
To be honest, I think this would be better as a template that applied to any Water Elemental.

Imagine... Urine Weirds! Prophecy through potty humor!

I agree :smallwink:, though this would mean we would also need a "special plane" for these:smalltongue:

TripleD
2014-02-15, 08:20 AM
I agree :smallwink:, though this would mean we would also need a "special plane" for these:smalltongue:

Plane of Laundry

What, you think angel's and archon's robes just "magically" gleam white on their own? This Demi-plane is where all the denizens of the outer planes send their casuals, formals, and unmentionables to be washed. Unfortunately, having such vast "collection tanks" for ammonia (i.e. pre-industrial bleach i.e. the collected piss of anyone willing to donate) in proximity to such magic-infused realms occassionally results in... oddities.

Debihuman
2014-02-15, 09:40 AM
What does contamination do to creatures in terms of game mechanics?

You might consider rewording it to this:

Contaminating (Ex): A urine elemental contaminates all water in a 40-foot radius. Living creatures exposed to the contaminated water are sickened for 1d4 hours per round of exposure unless they succeed at Fortitude save (DC 19). The save is Strength-based.

Urine Degradation looks like it should only affect attack rolls and weapon damage rolls. Saves are based on a creature's ability. You should name it. It looks like it is Constitution based.

Urine Degradation (Ex): When a urine elemental’s liquid body touches a metal, stone, or wooden object, that object must make a Reflex save (DC 22) or be degraded (wooden objects are disintegrated instead) The wielder of a degraded object takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and weapon damage rolls while wielding the degraded object. This effect stacks with other degraded objects. The save is Constitution-based.

Urine Poison's save DC should be 24 (see Ability Focus Feat) while What Is That Smell should have a save DC 22.

Acidic touch should cause acid damage not untyped damage.

Debby

AkazilliaDeNaro
2014-02-15, 05:04 PM
What does contamination do to creatures in terms of game mechanics?

You might consider rewording it to this:

Contaminating (Ex): A urine elemental contaminates all water in a 40-foot radius. Living creatures exposed to the contaminated water are sickened for 1d4 hours per round of exposure unless they succeed at Fortitude save (DC 19). The save is Strength-based.

Urine Degradation looks like it should only affect attack rolls and weapon damage rolls. Saves are based on a creature's ability. You should name it. It looks like it is Constitution based.

Urine Degradation (Ex): When a urine elemental’s liquid body touches a metal, stone, or wooden object, that object must make a Reflex save (DC 22) or be degraded (wooden objects are disintegrated instead) The wielder of a degraded object takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and weapon damage rolls while wielding the degraded object. This effect stacks with other degraded objects. The save is Constitution-based.

Urine Poison's save DC should be 24 (see Ability Focus Feat) while What Is That Smell should have a save DC 22.

Wouldnt that include the urine degradation as well?

Acidic touch should cause acid damage not untyped damage.

Debby

And as always thank you Debby for you amazing PEACHing skills.

tbok1992
2014-02-16, 02:13 AM
Oh sweet jesus christ, now all I can think of is DARE YOU ENTER MY MAGICAL REALM!? (http://gunshowcomic.com/471)

Debihuman
2014-02-16, 09:20 AM
I can't help but think a urine elemental would take double damage from holy water and that a purify food and drink spell would also adversely affect it -- stun it for 1 round. A neutralize poison spell would counter urine degradation and contamination.

My clean water spell (see below) could potentially affect it as well.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4833252&postcount=174

Debby