PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] frost rager build

Raezeman
2014-02-14, 11:18 AM
yo

so i took an interest in the frost rager prestige class from frost burn. The class only has 5 levels, and with 6 levels barbarian to enter it, i still need something to finish the build, 9 more levels.
So any advice on a prestige class that can finish this nicely?

Basically, the character is a barbarian that uses unarmed strikes, so a class the helps either of those would do great i think. Also, maybe a class with less then 10 levels works best, as 10 levels would go over level 20.

Advice on feats is also more then welcome. I'm currently thinking superior unarmed strike, improved natural attack and stunning fist, but there probably are better feats out there.

I'm also thinking Ape totem barbarian for the entry, as he get's power attack for free, which is needed for the frostrager.

Race isn't set yet, so advice on that is also possible, though that desert half-orc always catches my attention with melee type builds.

--please don't advice against using frost rager, i want to use that class--

Amphetryon
2014-02-14, 11:25 AM
If you're not limited in setting and can swing the prerequisites, it combines interestingly with Black Blood Cultist 8, leaving you another level to play with.

lytokk
2014-02-14, 11:46 AM
my first thought would be the unarmed swordsage. You get the monk's damage bonus progression, with superior unarmed strike you'd get something like level 10 monk damage, I think. AFB rgiht now so I can't check. Throw in the fact that you'd be able to pick up some nice manuevers to really help out with that unarmed damage. Add in the trips and throws from the setting sun school and you've got a solid smasher class.

Darrin
2014-02-14, 12:57 PM
Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588)

Mithril Leaf
2014-02-14, 01:18 PM
Frozen Dwarf Hulk Smash!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50588)

Do lesser psionic duergar so you can UMD (take 20) embedded shards of ectoplasmic fist.