PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Forced alignment change reversal options?

Milkasaurus
2014-02-14, 01:35 PM
I've just had a player essentially stick around for extended periods in a very evil place, and they've actually gone insane. We're running a third-party AP and it explicitly lists their alignment change to CE, with a compulsion to kill a living being whenever possible, having to roll a will save after a certain period of time to indiscriminately attack those around her if she does not kill on a regular basis.

Here is where I'm stuck as a DM:

1. The room that forced the alignment shift essentially allowed the player to glimpse visions of the Outer Planes, and apparently these visions cause the shift. It lists no specific affect, such as a curse or magical spell, that causes it - just merely visions of these planes. Would a remove curse/detect magic etc. detect the new compulsion on the player, or register them as cursed? Is there a creative alternative I can use to remove this?

2. The character in question was already LE, as this is an evil campaign. Killing people isn't really against their code, as long as it benefits the group and has no detrimental affect. The player is exceptionally good at RP and has managed to kill people on a fairly steady basis with the party unsure if it's a compulsion or just the character acting as usual. In addition, the character is a Ninja with high charisma and already had a ring of mind shielding, so she's managed to lie her way out of bad situations. Is there any way the party can detect this ahead of time so I don't have a PvP death? I would absolutely allow this to happen, but losing a character to something like this is pretty annoying to other players.

Bigbeefie
2014-02-14, 02:52 PM
Break enchantment or dispel evil Pair with a Atonement spell I would assume would fix the problem.

Dispel the Insanity and atone him back to LE and back to his normal behavior.

BWR
2014-02-14, 04:41 PM
Heal also works to restore sanity. Break Enchantment or Remove Curse + Heal might also work.