PDA

View Full Version : The next time V and Miko are togerther

Alysar
2007-01-29, 02:13 AM
The next time V and Miko are in the same room together, I think the only thing V would need to do is cast Owl's Wisdom on Miko causing her to to see clearly what she has done and the insanity of her motivations. Miko would immediately drop to her knees, draw her wakizashi, and commit seppuku.

Or maybe Owl's wisdom isn't powerful enough. But hey, if it can make Belkar want to be a healer, who knows?

Thoughts?

skinkatlarge
2007-01-29, 02:35 AM
I think that would totally fit with reality as shown in OOTS, very plausible, but somehow I don't think that's the direction Rich is taking Miko. Five points for a creative way of defeating her, though!

ibitak84
2007-01-29, 03:02 AM
I think Miko has a decent Wisdom score. (Compared to Belkar, certainly.)
She just is / chooses to be that way.

Demented
2007-01-29, 03:20 AM
While your theory fits in spirit, you failed to take something into account:
Rather than commit seppeku, she would see such self-indulgence as folly, and instead dedicate her life to making up for her actions. At least until the spell runs out.

Then she'd promptly cry bloody murder and tear after the elf with a vengeance.

Erk
2007-01-29, 03:47 AM
I don't think she has that low of a wisdom. While Belkar is what he is because he is imperceptive and has no empathy for the feelings of others, Miko is the way she is because she is singlemindedly devoted to a cause, to the exclusion of all else. Since many zealots are clericy types, one would assume that you can have a high wisdom and still be a bigot/zealot.

The image is cute though.

gofunkiertti
2007-01-29, 04:41 AM
shes a monk/ paladin for christ sake, she would be a weak character if she didnt have a high wisdom score and shes not weak

Erk
2007-01-29, 06:14 AM
shes a monk/ paladin for christ sake, she would be a weak character if she didnt have a high wisdom score and shes not weak
While I agree with you on principle, please don't tempt the numbercrunchers. They probably already have a prepared monk/paladin combo minmaxed with a low wisdom score to show how that character combination could be a destructive machine.

XD