PDA

View Full Version : what to do, what to do

DrDeth
2014-02-14, 05:50 PM
Ok, playing in weird campaign, partially my fault. Three of us, odd races, must be ecl3, LA at least +1.

We have: Flying Fey druid with two pets.
Githzeri Warmage.

and me.

Lumi. No class level yet. (LA 2, 2 levels Outsider)

Thinking Archivist.

Str 14, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 18, CHa 14.

He's been doing OK as a warrior with the parties one & only magic wpn. His SLA's come in handy.

We are gonna level this next game.

What do we need, what should I play?

Oh, and what Feat to take? I have Toughness. Imp init was free. I want moar skp.

DrDeth
2014-02-16, 02:13 PM
No ideas? Bueller?

Callin
2014-02-16, 02:21 PM
Cleric wouldnt be a horrible choice here. You can continue to jump to the front lines as needed, and you are a Cleric. With a 15 Int I would avoid Archivist.

Tevesh
2014-02-16, 02:24 PM
You've got a Warmage and a Druid, aside from the Druid Wild Shapes and Summons, there's no 'fighter' in the party.

ToB class could fit the bill. Go with a Jade Pheonix eventually.

Or if you're dead set on a caster, then I'd peruse the various handbooks.

Dr. Azkur
2014-02-16, 03:16 PM
Those guys are made to be Clerics, chummer. Don't know what the question is here.

Either Ordained Champion or Ruby Knight Vindicator are awesome ways to go since you're doing the front line.

Urpriest
2014-02-16, 03:26 PM
How are you playing a Lumi if you're starting at ECL 3?

DrDeth
2014-02-18, 11:07 AM
How are you playing a Lumi if you're starting at ECL 3?

No, we started at ecl4, of which at least 1 must be LA and a total of ecl 3 must not be PC classes.

So, the Gith is 3 racial + 1 level warmage and I was just 4 levels of Lumi, no classes.

DrDeth
2014-05-29, 09:08 PM
We are now a 6 ECL party, but my PC died, so I am now running a half-vampire ranger. But there was also a nigh TPK (everyone but my PC, oddly). So, still open to ideas.

HunterOfJello
2014-05-29, 09:22 PM
We are now a 6 ECL party, but my PC died, so I am now running a half-vampire ranger. But there was also a nigh TPK (everyone but my PC, oddly). So, still open to ideas.

The Lumi is actually a pretty strong race. I would go Cleric/Ruby Knight Vindicator if you want to do melee. Archivist isn't usually people's first choice divine melee, but it is definitely capable of it. You just need some dips into other classes like Sacred Exorcist to grab Turn Undead and then crank up your melee prowess with some Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell. (Persistent Spell Bite of the Werebear is nothing to laugh at.)

Swordsage could also make a decent class if you make it strength instead of dex focused. (Swordsage can also help out in the skills area since you don't have a rogue around.) You would gain a benefit from those 2 RHD at the least. The same is true for Ardent, which is another class worth considering since you have just a high racial wisdom bonus.

DrDeth
2014-06-02, 02:57 PM
Love the ideas but the DM hates BoNS. :small eek:

One of the new PC's is a warrior Lumi, so yeah, that works.

Thanks!