View Full Version : [PF] Does a possible power-from-damage build exist?

souridealist
2014-02-14, 07:12 PM
What I'm looking for is a build of some kind where the amount of damage you do in combat is directly proportional to the amount of damage you've taken. Class, race, et cetera don't really matter for this, although melee combat is preferable to an arcane blaster (not least because a wizard or sorcerer can only take so much damage in the first place). This is absolutely a case of having an idea and wanting to see if the system will fit it, and as I have no idea where to start I thought you guys might. Can anybody help?

NamelessNPC
2014-02-14, 07:17 PM
if psionics are allowed, the power hostile empathic transfer does exactly that

SPoilaaja
2014-02-14, 07:27 PM
There's a barbarian variant that has a rage-like ability that kicks in at low hp. Crusaders have their delayed damage pool

souridealist
2014-02-14, 08:12 PM
@Spoil - when you say crusader, what's the source on that? There's a bunch of different things called some variant on Crusader.

gomipile
2014-02-14, 08:16 PM
if psionics are allowed, the power hostile empathic transfer does exactly that

Question: When one augments Hostile Empathic Transfer to make it an area of effect power, does every affected character take the full damage, while the manifester only heals as if one target was affected?

Cog
2014-02-14, 08:39 PM
@Spoil - when you say crusader, what's the source on that? There's a bunch of different things called some variant on Crusader.
The one that's actually just called Crusader, from Tome of Battle.

NamelessNPC
2014-02-14, 09:01 PM
Question: When one augments Hostile Empathic Transfer to make it an area of effect power, does every affected character take the full damage, while the manifester only heals as if one target was affected?

Yes. You heal the most dmg transferred to any one single target

grarrrg
2014-02-14, 09:02 PM
There's a barbarian variant that has a rage-like ability that kicks in at low hp. Crusaders have their delayed damage pool

It would be from 3.5.
Everyone, please take note of the "PF" in the title.