PDA

View Full Version : Reruling races

dao.silverman
2014-02-14, 07:26 PM
I have been toying with the idea of removing race from my games and giving a flat +2 +2 -4 that the player could choose and then they could look like anything they wanted between the normal heights. The reason I'm reaching out now is i wanted to offer players other things to apply like IDK an attack form or increased movement/type (not flying tho glide might be acceptable) you know some sort of extra you wouldn't normally find. how would some of you go about doing this and making sure every thing stays "level"?

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-15, 12:13 AM
I have been toying with the idea of removing race from my games and giving a flat +2 +2 -4 that the player could choose and then they could look like anything they wanted between the normal heights. The reason I'm reaching out now is i wanted to offer players other things to apply like IDK an attack form or increased movement/type (not flying tho glide might be acceptable) you know some sort of extra you wouldn't normally find. how would some of you go about doing this and making sure every thing stays "level"?
Pathfinder's Race Points system has you covered. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races)

Phelix-Mu
2014-02-15, 01:25 AM
A good friend of mine got rid of races altogether, since he was sick of falling into the normative fantasy tropes involving dwarves, elves, and Small Folk, and so forth.

dao.silverman
2014-02-15, 12:41 PM
In order of appearance

1) Grod_The_Giant
I have never played pathfinder before but it looks great and with minor tweeking seams perfect for D&D 3.x (whitch is all i use as its the only books i have ever owned)

2) Phelix-Mu
Hoe did he go about this? just remove it all together and you describe your player with no bonuses?