PDA

View Full Version : PF sorcerer build help

Oncoming Storm
2014-02-14, 09:29 PM
So, I'm starting a new PF campaign soon, and I'm going to roll up my first full arcane caster. I have a fair bit of experience with PF, but I've almost always played some variety of Gish up till this point. So it'd be great if I could get some feedback on my proposed build for this char. Stats are not yet rolled, but I'm assuming at least 1 16 (cha) and hopefully 2 14s. (dex and con)

Sorcerer 2 (Tattooed Sorceror)
Ifrit with wildfire heart (+4 initiative) (replaces fire resist 5) and alt SLA (enlarge person) (replaces burning hands)

Bloodline: Fire (Primal) - the tattoo familiar replaces the faintly sucktastic firebolt power, which seems nice, and I plan on PrC-ing out fairly soon anyways, so I don't get into the incredible meh-ness of the bloodline's later levels. Does get me an effective +2 cha, which is nice.

Tattoo Familiar: Rhamporhyncus - only gives me +2 init instead of +4, but I feel like the added utility of flight might be worth the loss.

Spells known
0-Daze, Drench, Detect Magic, Breeze, Prestidigitation
1-Colour Spray, Silent Image (I'm heartily frustrated and somewhat amused by the fact that I can't actually start with a fire spell, as burning hands is a bloodline spell.)

Feat: Uncertain. I'm going to need spell focus (illusion) at some point, as I plan to go into veiled illusionist at 6 (free spells known :smallcool: not to mention free disguise and other good things.) I know augment summoning+spell focus conj are good, but I'm a little worried about bogging down combat (fairly large group.) and improved initiative seems excessive at this point (probably will have at least +9 init) Open to suggestions for good sorceror feats.

Also, starting gp is 1000, so budget is pretty tight. I figure I'll probably rely on alchemical items till lvl 3 or so

So, does this look alright for a start? I had also thought of doing a sylvan-bloodline human /gnome sorc with a tiger AC--would this be significantly better?

thanks!

Oncoming Storm
2014-02-15, 11:34 AM
bump? wouldn't mind getting some help on this...

Suddo
2014-02-15, 12:40 PM
Do you want Silent Image really bad because I'm not that big of a fan of it. If anything I'd take magic missile (it is such a key spell in my opinion).

watchwood
2014-02-15, 12:53 PM
Illusion spells are limited only by the creativity of the player. Silent Image is a very handy pick.