PDA

View Full Version : Monk dip for Warblade

Fightmaster
2014-02-15, 01:04 AM
I love tome of battle but I rarely get to play with it due to my friends thinking it's entirely cheese (our normal DMs hate most everything outside of PH 1 and 2). I wanted a character just in case one of my more lenient friends allows it. I have an idea for a character using both unarmed and a weapon. I was thinking something like Monk 2/ Warblade X/ Tigerclaw Master X. What are your thoughts on this?

Andezzar
2014-02-15, 01:46 AM
Nothing wrong with it, but why do you not take two levels of (unarmed) Swordsage?

DeltaEmil
2014-02-15, 01:54 AM
Nothing wrong with it, but why do you not take two levels of (unarmed) Swordsage?Probably because the GM that Fightmaster mentioned greatly dislikes anything that isn't the Player's Handbook 1 or 2.

Andezzar
2014-02-15, 01:56 AM
Probably because the GM that Fightmaster mentioned greatly dislikes anything that isn't the Player's Handbook 1 or 2.If ToB is not allowed Warblade and Tiger Claw Master are out as well.

Techwarrior
2014-02-15, 02:06 AM
If I was to make a build similar to this, I'd go with something like Monk 2/ Warblade 5/ Master of Nine 2/ Bloodclaw Master 3/ Shadow Sun Ninja 5/ Master of Nine +3

Monk and Warblade both give some of the feat prerequisites as bonus feats. Feat progression something like this:

1: Improved Initiative
Monk: Improved Unarmed Strike
Cobra Strike: Dodge
Cobra Strike: Mobility
3: Adaptive Style
6: Martial Study (Cloak of Deception)
Warblade 5: Blind Fight
9: Two Weapon Fighting
12: Open
15: Open
18: Open

Grab Gloves of the Balanced Hand, some stuff to up your unarmed damage (a necklace of natural attacks is enough) and a nice two handed flurry weapon (Quarterstaff). This build currently requires no specific race or stats other than Dex 15, and hasn't used flaws. Pick your favorites.

DeltaEmil
2014-02-15, 02:12 AM
@Andezzar: That's why Fightmaster shouldn't push his luck too far yet. And he might still fail to get Warblade and Bloodclaw Master accepted.

@Fightmaster: It might work. I guess that you might want to replace the flurry of blows ability of the monk with the decisive strike alternate class feature from the PHB 2. The fifth level of Bloodclaw Master is okay, so you will end with 13 levels of Warblade.

Fightmaster
2014-02-15, 03:17 AM
Unarmed Swordsage 2/Warblade X/ Bloodclaw Master X would probably work too, although what you guys suggested sounds good to me. Thanks guys

G.Cube
2014-02-15, 07:55 AM
How about taking Kung Fu Genius? That would help synergize with all those tasty Warblade bonuses.