PDA

View Full Version : Oracle build - feat selection advice

Unbalanced
2014-02-15, 09:17 AM
Just building a character for our upcoming Rise of the Runelords campaign.
I'm playing an oracle.
Most of what I've done is pretty much already decided and locked in, but feel free to make any suggestions or constructive criticism... Main thing though, is I'm having a bit of a problem with feat selections.
Pretty much restricted to anything on D20PFSRD

Build goes a little something like this:

Oracle, Human

STR 14
DEX 15
CON 17
INT 17
WIS 13
CHA 19 (+2)

Level 1-
HP: 14
Initiative: -2 (+2 dex, -4 deafness)
Attack: +2 (Str +2)
Damage: 1D4+3 (bite)
AC: 18 (Chain shirt +4, Dex +2, Heavy steel shield +2)
Oracle: Mystery (time), Oracle's Curse (deaf & wolfscarred face), Orisons
Revelation: Temporal Celerity
Feat: Toughness, Expanded Arcana

Spells:
0 level - Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Resistance, Spark
1st level (4 per day) - Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Summon Monster I

Skills:
(C)Heal-1, Knowledge (arcana)-1, (C)Knowledge (history)-1, (C)Knowledge (planes)-1, (C)Knowledge (religion)-1, Linguistics-1, (C)Spellcraft-1

Level 2-
HP: 24
Attack: +3 (Str +2, BAB +1)
Oracle: Mystery spell (ill omen)

Spells:
0 level - Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize
1st level (5 per day) - Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Summon Monster I, Ill Omen

Skills:
(C)Heal-2, Knowledge (arcana)-2, (C)Knowledge (history)-2, Knowledge (nature)-1, (C)Knowledge (planes)-2, (C)Knowledge (religion)-2, Linguistics-1, Perception-1, (C)Spellcraft-1

Level 3-
HP: 34
Attack: +4 (Str +2, BAB +2)
Revelation: Misfortune, Erase From Time
Feat: Extra Revelation

Spells:
0 level - Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize, Guidance
1st level (6 per day) - Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Summon Monster I, Ill Omen, Obscuring Mist

Skills:
(C)Heal-3, Knowledge (arcana)-3, (C)Knowledge (history)-3, Knowledge (nature)-2, (C)Knowledge (planes)-3, (C)Knowledge (religion)-3, Linguistics-1, Perception-2, (C)Spellcraft-1

Level 4-
+2 CHA
HP: 44
Attack: +5 (Str +2, BAB +3)
Oracle: Mystery spell (oracle's burden)

Spells:
0 level - Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Resistance, Spark, Stabilize, Guidance, Mending
1st level (7 per day) - Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Summon Monster I, Ill Omen, Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith
2nd level (4 per day) - Summon Monster II, Oracle's Burden

Skills:
(C)Heal-4, Knowledge (arcana)-3, (C)Knowledge (history)-4, Knowledge (nature)-3, (C)Knowledge (planes)-4, (C)Knowledge (religion)-4, Linguistics-1, Perception-3, (C)Spellcraft-2

Unbalanced
2014-02-16, 09:15 AM
Bump

Have revised it to:
Level 1- Toughness, Improved initiative
Level 3- Extra revelation
Level 5- Expanded arcana

Any feats pop to mind that would perhaps benefit me more?
Anything that would help offset my deafness penalties? Anything to help improve my bite attack's potency? Anything to "add CHA to XXX"?

Thanks

andreww
2014-02-16, 01:16 PM
Noble Scion of War adds charisma to initiative and will eventually outpace Improved Initiative for you.

Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) will give you a scorpion familiar and +4 initiative and will let you grab some arcane spells at level 11 with Improved Eldritch Heritage. It requires you to have Skill Focus which you could get 3 of from Focused Study by trading in your Bonus Feat. I would be inclined to drop Toughness.

Unbalanced
2014-02-28, 10:17 PM
Noble Scion of War adds charisma to initiative and will eventually outpace Improved Initiative for you.

Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) will give you a scorpion familiar and +4 initiative and will let you grab some arcane spells at level 11 with Improved Eldritch Heritage. It requires you to have Skill Focus which you could get 3 of from Focused Study by trading in your Bonus Feat. I would be inclined to drop Toughness.

Not a fan of the Eldritch Heritage chain, but Noble Scion of War definitely sounds like a go.
I was thinking maybe doing a 2 level dip into Paladin for their "Divine Grace" ability and a little BAB boost. Of course that means losing 2 oracle caster levels, but I don't think that will mess me up too badly.

On a side note, the DM has revised his ruling after some ridiculous rolls for ability scores (other player got 2 18s, 3 17s and a 15) and we're now doing a 28 or 30 point buy (he hasn't decided yet), so I may make DEX a semi-dump stat and do what I can to substitute it for other abilities.....